KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Nba Payoffs

Nba Payoffs
Started by: kidd34

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

1st off...

Don't talk sh!t about unbelievable shots because Tim Duncan's shot (actually 2 of them) were complete and utter miracles.

2nd...

Derek Fisher IS as good as he thinks he is because he's a humble freaking guy. You guys watch 3 Laker games from where ever the hell in the United States you reside and you think that guy "thinks he's good." Sh!t he doesn't need a bunch of snot nosed kids telling him what he "thinks," he knows he's good. a) he's a professional basketball player...you guys probably don't even play varsity in high school b.) he's got 3 championship rings...which is more than 90% of the players in the league.

Fisher is good because he does his job, he hits open jumpers. He's a team player, Kobe drives...he hits open shots. I don't talk crap on Bowen for this, because that's what he does....it's his specialty. The difference is, Fisher can hit it from the wing, Bowen can't. Derek Fisher also kicks ass on defense. The 3 or was it 4 charges that he are an example of that.

I'm really disappointed to see such a group of piss....i repeat...piss poor losers. If D-Fish hadn't hit that shot you would NEVER see me talking crap like that.

Just as Shaq said. "One lucky shot deserves another"

Last edited by Linkalicious on May 14th, 2004 at 05:11 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2004 05:08 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

give me a ****in break.....and that shot with duncan was all skill baby....and as far as me playin basketball and my own skills....i guarentee...GUARENTEE......u couldnt score more than 2 baskets on me

Old Post May 14th, 2004 05:17 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

1st: I did play in H.S. but that has nothing to do with the rest of my knowledge of the game anyway. I don't care if I never played, if I follow enough, which I do, and I give my opinions based on observations, not on comparisons with myself.
2nd: Yes, that wasn't Duncan's shot but he at least got a better look at the basket. Fisher grabbed the ball and flung it.
3rd: You think I've only watched 3 LA games with Fisher huh? I have been keeping track of all of these teams for as long as I can remember. Fisher has always had this "badass" attitude. He thinks he is the shit but he isn't. This time he deserves to pumped, but his whole career he would hit a 3 even if it was 4 minutes left and no matter what, he gets the cockiest attitude like no other in the NBA. I honestly can't think of anybody else who gets more cocky than him. Is he good? Yes, as you said, he is a pro basketball player. But in that sense, we can't dis on ANYBODY in the NBA now can we? But we can say they suck... in comparison. Even then, I never said he sucks, he's just not as good as he thinks he is.
4th: You never would talk shit like that, huh? If you weren't so quick to pull the trigger with an attack on us than I would believe you.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:12 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
give me a ****in break.....and that shot with duncan was all skill baby....and as far as me playin basketball and my own skills....i guarentee...GUARENTEE......u couldnt score more than 2 baskets on me

pfft....you don't even know me. That's a guarentee that you could never ever back up. I'd school you...but keep thinking where ever Po-dunk town your from produces skill players....be my guest

And Neither of you two should ever sit there and say Tim's shot was more likely than Derek Fishers. Duncan's shot was every bit the prayer that Fishers was...EVERY BIT. In fact, Fisher's shot wasn't even defended as well as Tim's shot. Making that shot over Shaq not once, but 2x in less than 2 minutes....was a complete miracle.

You're still the only one with the opinion that Fisher is cocky...but i guess your opinion is what counts most.....

as for starting the crap...look at you two running your mouths about "that bastard" and how bad Fisher sucks. Go home to San Antonio, cry me a river, and I'll write you both a post card when i'm at the Laker parade.

Last edited by Linkalicious on May 14th, 2004 at 01:36 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2004 01:33 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yea yea look if your gonna comment on my posts at least read dont browse through them and reply....and dont give me this "i would never talk shit" ...man thats all u do is talk shit about iverson do i make big deal outa of it? no...i just reply nice and calmly....and as far is me not knowin if i could school u...i dont need to know u....i've schooled kids who had division 1 scholarships...and if u ever make that stop to ohio let me know i live in michigan and i'll make the trip to prove it....yea yea we both know it prolby aint gonna happen but the invitation is on the table

Old Post May 14th, 2004 02:23 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
i dont believe that went either...i'm not spurs fan but i think i made it obvious that i dont like the lakers...0.04 seconds un-f*ckin bielivable...that was one of the luckiest shot i have ever seen in my life...spurs and duncan better bring it ALL 4th quaters for game 6 if they wanna win....if anyone that lives in LA runs into fisher give him a message from me.....F*CK YOU!....thans i'd appricate that

you just reply nice and calmly? sure.

As for talking shit on Iverson...that's a different matter. He isn't even in the playoffs so that isn't relevant to the comment i made.

I only talk shit because you disgard Fisher's shot calling it "luck" but then you try and some how explain to me that Tim Duncan's was any different.

Well here's something I hope we can all agree upon as civilized adults. Both shots that were made in the final 6 seconds were NOT luck...they were skill, because it takes a certain level of skill just to make something like that. And both shots swished.

yea yea schooled division 1 players my butt. If you school them so much...then why don't you play division 1 ball? I don't know what you look like, how old you are, or how tall you are...and because of that, all i can say is that you're that guy that hypes himself up behind his computer monitor.

As for me...you or Myth very well may be able to beat me badly even...but to GUARENTEE that i won't make more than 2 baskets?? well that's just your ass talking instead of your mouth.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:07 PM
wuTa

yea look at that post dont get any nicer or clamer than that...and thats what u think....i never said i was better than the the kid i schooled..he's definitly got more skill than i do but i still schooled him and i dont care if u beleive me or not the fact is there is noone that i could i prove it i know that....but i also i know that i'm a pretty skilled baller and if anyone is gonna call me out on my game i'm gonna answer on the court or off it (which includes through a monitor)

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:24 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I never said that Duncan's shot wasn't luck. I even said its not his shot. But his shot WAS better because he had a chance to look at the basket while Fisher had .4 seconds to grab the ball while facing the other way and turn around and flick the ball up (looked like a god damn shot put). Thats not what I call a good look. Duncan's was lucky because it wasn't his type of shot and he was off balance but he at least got to see where the basket was.

A difference between me talking shit and you right now is that I have been talking NBA and you have been talking shit about us. It was really stupid just to mention our personal accomplishments in a thread like this anyway whether or not wuTA responded with a "I could school you" because us playing has NOTHING to do with the Spurs/Laker game.

"As for talking shit on Iverson...that's a different matter. He isn't even in the playoffs so that isn't relevant to the comment i made." That is relevant because put in the right situation, you would talk shit and that is the point.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:40 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

And Fisher DOES run back thumping his chest with a scowl on his face (the badass scowl) often when he makes shots even remotely down the stretch. That is fact. If you don't think thats at all cocky, fine. But I view it as cocky and I know many others do too.
"i guess your opinion" Well no shit, I guess thats why I said it. And I guess it must be your opinion that he is a great player, fine.
"but i guess your opinion is what counts most....." No, but counts just as much as your opinion which is also giving off a vibe of "I am right."

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:49 PM
Linkalicious

quote:
you guys probably don't even play varsity in high school

That ain't shit talking...that's 2nd guessing. You guys are sitting here talking shit on a person....not the NBA. Derek Fisher's been nothing but bad mouthed by you two ever since he made that shot. You even continued to down play his shot further on your last post. Duncan didn't even know his shot went in...he was on the floor after falling over from his off balance shot....and his looked like a shot put too. He didn't shoot the ball...he pushed it to the rim.

I respect you both as people i really do, and I want to tell you both I'm sorry that I brought this to a personal level. But the hatred both of you share for the Lakers clouds your minds or something because instead of just admitting that it was a damn good game...you'd rather say how bullsh!t it was.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:54 PM
wuTa

ohh both of us never said it wasnt a good game...the 2nd thing that went thorugh my mind was "what a game!" but as fans we have the right to talk give our opinions of the game which includes whether or not we think the shot was luck...us bad mouthin fisher is no different than u bad mouthin iverson(i know he's irrelevant but its just an example) u can say it is but i dont see the differene

Old Post May 14th, 2004 04:01 PM
Linkalicious

well i accept that, but i bad mouthed Iverson because i honestly do feel that he'll never win a championship. And especially not while he's in Philadelphia. He needs to turn his game back into the game he played in college where he complimented a big man instead of trying to be a 1 man show. As for his image...i can get over that, but i'll never get over his interview skills. I've never heard someone use as many double negatives in a paragraph as that guy.

and i still fail to see any proof that derek fisher is "cocky." was it something he said? or was it just something that goes through your head when you look at him. I know when i look at Hedu Turkaloo i'm thinking "this guy looks like a moron." Tho i'm sure he's not.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 04:08 PM
wuTa

he had dikembo mutombo when mutombo was still good and that didnt work.....and u gotta be kiddin me...u gotta problem with the guy because of the way he talks?....hey alot of players say alot of stupid shit....fisher can be cocky u never seen him make a shot and pound his chest? or pout his lips? or silence the crowd or eyeball the other bench?.....i dont have a problem with it coz some of the piston players are cocky but that doesnt mean fischer aint cocky...u never see him do any of that? c'mon

Old Post May 14th, 2004 04:22 PM
Linkalicious

nah...actually i haven't seen him pound his chest. He leaves stuff like that to Iverson and Kenyon Martin. I've seen Fish b!tch about almost every call made against him...and THAT pisses me off a lot, but he's a veteran, i've come to realise that he's just working the refs. But i never see him eye someone's bench because he knows he'd get the crap beaten out of him by 95% of the players in the league. I've seen him silence the crowd....generally after he bombs a 3 pointer. And the lip pouting...well that goes along with b!tching about calls.

And Dikembe Mutumbo is NOT the type of big man i'm talking about. I'm talking about an offensive minded big man like a Malone, Webber, Garnett, Duncan, O'Neil, O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace...type. Mutumbo is basically the equivalent of Theo Ratliff. Sure he's a good player, but he's just a role player, not a leader.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 04:39 PM
wuTa

those are all superstars...i dont think iverson needs a superstar he just needs the good role players with a good system...i mean that team he took to the finals with mutombo had role players but obviously that werent good enough role players...all he needs is a plaer like Odom and a big man like Ben Wallace to grab boards and play D..of course if Wallace ever left Detriot for Philly we would have a riot

Old Post May 14th, 2004 04:50 PM
Linkalicious

yeah well i hate to be this way, but now adays you're going to need a minimum of 2 superstars in order to win a championship in the NBA. hell the Lakers have 4 and they still struggle. But that's because their bench is terrible.

Do either of you guys think the East stands a chance? because i personally don't...and i just wanted to know your thoughts about that.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 05:24 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I want you to know Link that I do respect you as a basketball fan. But "group of piss....i repeat...piss poor losers" pissed me off as much as mentioning our skills, which is irrelevant. If we were to use our skills to judge them, then as amatures we should have no outspoken opinions in these games. Hell, we wouldn't be able to make fun of people such as Eric Montross. But yeah, lets get back to NBA talk and stop bitching. I think we were all getting worked up.

I think that if the Pistons get to the Finals they 'could' pull off an upset. It still probably won't happen but their chances are better than anybody elses in the east because of their D.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:07 PM
Linkalicious

I'm sorry for calling you guys piss poor losers, but i just expected to see a different response from both of you after that game. It was, based on the scenario, one of the best game i've ever seen. If not THE best. The winner of that game pretty much has this series, and in my opinion, the championship in the bag.

But only because i don't think the other two teams match up very well with the Lakers.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:27 PM
wuTa

i think the pistons and the pacers have a chance...i hate to say it but if i think the pacers have a better shot..think about it....if miller can start makin his shots....than u gotta artest whos starting to light it up on offense plus his defense than u got jermaine o'neal who get hit from 15 20 ft out which would would prevent shaq from clogging up the middle

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:37 PM
Linkalicious

ummm...sorry, but the Pacers would and did get worked by the Lakers. Who's going to guard Gary Payton? Artest nullifies Kobe...while he's in. Karl nullifies O'Neil. And then who do they have of ANY size to stop Shaq?

Relying on Reggie Miller and Ron Artests offense isn't going to get you anywhere in the west...

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:48 PM