KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Social: Do you expect me to talk?

Social: Do you expect me to talk?
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (730): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

Just saw "promo" on the movie "TROY" - where they gave the account of the story from Homer's book (The Illiad) - and occassionally had clips from the movie interpretation.

Any thought on whether this movie will be a "hit" or a "miss" - based on the ACTORS???

(Eric Bana = Hector; Brad Pitt = Achilles; Orlando Bloom = Paris; Diane Kruger = Helen)

Would YOU go to war for someone who looked like "THIS" Helen (Diane Kruger)??

Old Post May 13th, 2004 03:35 AM
EllaMarie is currently offline Click here to Send EllaMarie a Private Message Find more posts by EllaMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

A little FYI on the character of Hector. After the 10 yr war he returns home and is slaughtered by his wife who has taken a lover in his absense. Quite common place back then actually.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 03:51 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

(IE crashed and I had a long reply sad)

ok... EM... I think it will be a hit, it has Pitt AND Bloom! that means that a lot of young girls will drool over it. Than the guys instead of having a nice Helen, they have a huge fight to look forward too, but you know what? I got invited to see it on friday with Fire and Storm (members here, not sure if Storm even knows about it messed and I'll give a report about it for ya big grin)

oh and RA... I double checked with evy... you missed the ball a bit... Hector got killed by Achilles, and Odysseus (sp, it's not the english name) returned home after ten years

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:35 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

yeap, but Odysseus (have NO idea whatsoever about the english name of this guy, here we call him Odyssea messed ) wasn't slaughtered by his wife yes Reborn, you must refer to something else me thinks erm

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 13th, 2004 11:59 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he slaughtered the guys that wanted his wife, no?

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

exactly thumb up and in a quite cool way if I might add cool

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:08 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, finally a greek that knows their own history wink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:14 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

it's not history silly stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:29 PM
yerssot

it's how you look at it... myth with some historical facts ... though unsure what the facts are wink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:30 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

well yeah, but it's not regarded as history stick out tongue I had this question in my first year of highschool exams about Homer, "Why can't books by Homer be regarded as historical facts?" eek!

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:40 PM
yerssot

ah, if you say it like that... than the answer is obviously it can't, but SOME parts might ... like the location of the city, with Schliemann finding something that could be Troy and all stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:45 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

well, it's mostly known about the culture info it provides, such as the way they treated strangers and so on stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:48 PM
yerssot

I bow to thou wisdom, misses Eevee

Old Post May 13th, 2004 12:53 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

there's a smiley for that wink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:01 PM
yerssot

you don't need to bow to me stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:06 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

good, cause I wasn't stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:10 PM
yerssot

so stubborn... than again, you're female stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2004 01:11 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
(IE crashed and I had a long reply sad)

ok... EM... I think it will be a hit, it has Pitt AND Bloom! that means that a lot of young girls will drool over it. Than the guys instead of having a nice Helen, they have a huge fight to look forward too, but you know what? I got invited to see it on friday with Fire and Storm (members here, not sure if Storm even knows about it messed and I'll give a report about it for ya big grin)

oh and RA... I double checked with evy... you missed the ball a bit... Hector got killed by Achilles, and Odysseus (sp, it's not the english name) returned home after ten years

Yes. It was Agamemnon that was slaughtered by his wife and not Hector. Sorry about that, I forgot my history for a second.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 04:07 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, never trust greek wifes, huh? wink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 04:09 PM
The Redeemer

I saw a really good little film last night...after Newcastle made a show of themselves, again!...called FRAILTY. Anyone seen it? There's a terrific triple twist ending with a really cool last shot...highly recommended!

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post May 13th, 2004 05:30 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote