KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Jean Grey Vs. Emma Frost

Jean Grey Vs. Emma Frost
Started by: JeanGreyDP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowSorciere

Uh...Jean for being all for the dream. But Emma for being such a great 'biznitch' happy

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:43 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPriss7

Smile

Oh I am soooo for Emma, mainly because again like they said before she's not "perfect" like Miss Grey-Summers. Im afraid that Jean has just been losing me along the way, she entered in the sixties, acting like she was from the fifties. Her whole point in the X-Men series is to come in, (after one of those many "deaths" usually) mess with people's heads, grow some new powers and then save the day in a big way and die (or transcend to a higher plain....same thing)
Well it was her whole thing with Logan that really made me stop liking her, because she was cheating on Scott, but then when she found Emma and Scott suddenly it was so wrong. She then attacked Emma, it wasn't even a fight, she was just trying to punish Emma and she chose the crudest possible route. I didn't like her after that, don't get me wrong I used to adore Jean I thought she was great, but then she never really got away from the whole die/comeback/die/comeback thing. Emma is a much more real character, and the only thing that Emma did that Jean didn't was wear more revealing clothes. sad Sorry I really don't mean to make anyone angry I just think that Jean is starting to get hypocritical. sick

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:27 AM
CPriss7 is currently offline Click here to Send CPriss7 a Private Message Find more posts by CPriss7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman 66

Jean

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:45 PM
Ironman 66 is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman 66 a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman 66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Redwards1024

stop calling emma a ****, she is HARDLY a ****! what she has been with HOW many guys ? ....SCOTT!? one dude in years does not count as a ****, she is eccentric, but not a ****. Everyone please stop saying " i love Emma because she is so slutty"

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 10:02 AM
Redwards1024 is currently offline Click here to Send Redwards1024 a Private Message Find more posts by Redwards1024 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

"I love Emma because she is...."
oooooops!!!

I was going to say it!!! embarrasment
sorry!!! embarrasment

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 10:09 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I don't much wander outside of the General Comic Board, that mostly keeps me busy, and keeping track of more than one board would just fry my dwindling brain, but I liked this topic...so.

I like Jean more. I like both characters but Jean kicks ass. Although I don't like that often times they approach her as weak. Like the 90's X-Men cartoon. Most of her lines in that were "AUUUUGHNN!!!" crying out in pain like a weak little girl when she's just using TK to open the fridge. She's more powerful than that, and sometimes the bad writing if anything turns me off from her.

Hopefully they do a good job bringing her back this time, and with Scott hanging all over Emma I'd like to see how she reacts and how her character grows. Kind of a fanboy dream, but how about her and Logan shack up together and she join the Avengers? It would certainly create a new direction and element for her.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:49 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rebelyellsiryn
Irish Princess

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
Jeamma

Now there's an idea! wink Both are smoking hot, but I'll have to say Emma cause of her sluttiness. Plus her white hair is just something unique - wonder if the hair below hair belt is white to? smile It probably is huh? wink And yes I'm nasty, but I'm also a guy and can't help myself. Emma's hot, you've got to admit. And Jean is hot but is getting old like others said - Emma's just a fresher face...and body to look at.

No offense or anything...but don't you think you're taking the hotness of a COMIC BOOK CHARACTER a bit too far?

"Gambit! What are ye doing in me bedroom?!"
X-Force #51.

"I'm Irish. I have a natural dislike for overbearing imperial thugs."
Cable/X-Force Annual '96

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:52 AM
rebelyellsiryn is currently offline Click here to Send rebelyellsiryn a Private Message Find more posts by rebelyellsiryn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rebelyellsiryn
Irish Princess

quote:
Originally posted by CPriss7
She then attacked Emma, it wasn't even a fight, she was just trying to punish Emma and she chose the crudest possible route.

Ok...if you caught your man doing the nasty with another woman...and the other woman was doing it MALICIOUSLY to get you mad...c'mon...would YOU fight fair?

I'm sorry...but if someone messed with my hypothetical husband, that ***** would be getting a lot of punches to the face....and then, of course, my hypothetical husband would feel my wrath. What I don't understand is why Jean didn't beat the hell out of Scott after that...I dunno....I think that would have been prudent.

X-Force #51.

Cable/X-Force Annual '96

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:57 AM
rebelyellsiryn is currently offline Click here to Send rebelyellsiryn a Private Message Find more posts by rebelyellsiryn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

^ I guess she thought Ms. Frost was manipulating Scottie....

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:57 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rebelyellsiryn
Irish Princess

quote:
Originally posted by Paola
^ I guess she thought Ms. Frost was manipulating Scottie....

I wouldn't put it past her to do somethin like that...good point, Paola big grin

Oh! OH! I heard in Astonishing X-Men #4 (in stores August 25th) Jean comes back and kicks Emma's ass.

I hope that's not just a rumor because...THAT'D BE AWESOME!

X-Force #51.

Cable/X-Force Annual '96

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 06:06 AM
Paola
Ronin

OMG!! now that you mention it:

WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO: PHOENIX RETURNS

Just in time for her 25th anniversary, Phoenix will star in a mini-series that launches in February, Marvel Comics announced at its X-Men panel at Wizard World Chicago on Saturday.

"The return of the Phoenix again -- and I believe this will be the final time, " Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada said.

The mini-series will be written by Greg Pak, who writes Marvel's new Warlock title, with art by recently exclusive Greg Land.

"Greg Pak is one of our best writer finds that you have not read anything from or about," Quesada said . "Greg has had a bunch of pitches at Marvel and full scripts of those stories that for one reason or another, nothing had to do with Greg, these stories have not appeared in print."

Quesada later added that Emma Frost will be in the mini-series. "And there will be sparks," he said.

Attachment: phoenix1.jpg
This has been downloaded 142 time(s).

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 06:48 AM
Paola
Ronin

and her eye....

Attachment: phoenix2.jpg
This has been downloaded 136 time(s).

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 06:50 AM
Society

Mmm, I like Emma best. Jean annoys me, and I agree she's been cheating on Scott with Logan and that's all right, but if he cheats on her there's hell to pay? It's just seems to me that while Scott has had to put up with a lot of crap over the years from Logan and Jean together situation -how there's always that attraction and then Jean gets a little competition and goes psycho, it just annoys me. And I think Emma and Scott go well together.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 06:28 AM
Society is currently offline Click here to Send Society a Private Message Find more posts by Society Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Jean all the way baby!! She would kick that trash to the curve with no problem.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:58 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuroraAura

Emma Vs. Jean

Jean is the one who pushed Scott towards Emma. After she dies in the battle against Magneto in NYC, she becomes a higher being, or rather, a part of the Phoenix Force. Actually, it may have been in the Here Comes Tomorrow storyline...

in the New X Men Issue: Here Comes Tomorrow (part 4) this all takes place.

Jean says something along the lines of: “Live, Scott.” As she so commands, a tiny Phoenix rises from the dying, orphaned universe. In the voice that fills the void, it repeats Jean’s command. Live.

(Uncannyxmen.net, Issue Summaries)

After that, Emma and Scott kiss, and he agrees to reopen the institute with Emma.

At any rate, if Jean comes back and kicks Emma's ass again (cheaply, using the phoenix to fight her battles) then the redhead is a major hypocrite.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:29 AM
AuroraAura is currently offline Click here to Send AuroraAura a Private Message Find more posts by AuroraAura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirtypop
sucker for love

In Jean vs. Emma, Jean is my choice. They are both great characters, but Jean is JEAN and for who she is, she definitely has my vote.
And if we are talking about who is good for Scott, the answer to that is also Jean.
Emma's also a great character; she's the best at being her snobby bitchass self in an appealing way. smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:46 AM
dirtypop is currently offline Click here to Send dirtypop a Private Message Find more posts by dirtypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler

Miffed emmas edge

i love jean and all, and i always want good to triumph but i think emmas got an edge b/c she is willing to play dirty! smile
*dazzler*

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:19 AM
Dazzler is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

shouldnt this go in the versus thread, Paola, u put my vs thread there, why not this one

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:49 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

jean is a *****, i dont know emma she looks bitchy but rather her then jean, specially after the phoenix advantage.

jean and scott forever toguether
IN DEATH!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:22 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLone_DragonXx
Smilie abuser..not really

EMMA!!!!! EMMA!!!!! EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE Jean!!!! Damned B!TCH!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!!!!!!! DIE JEAN!!!!!!! DIE For good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!

You're not the brightest crayon in the watermelon, are you? :/

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 09:04 PM
xXLone_DragonXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXLone_DragonXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXLone_DragonXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote