KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tatooine - the centre of the galaxy?

Tatooine - the centre of the galaxy?
Started by: Baylin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Baylin
Back in story!

Question Tatooine - the centre of the galaxy?

I know Tatooine is in the Outer Rim but it strikes me odd that a desert planet on the edge of the galaxy would one of the most important settings in the SW films. Afterall when you look at it, it was the main one in ANH, and one of the main ones in ROTJ. TPM features it heavily and it has a fair appearance in AOTC and it wouldn't surprise me if it was in EP3.

So what is it about the barren rock that is so important?

Is it the centre of the galaxy?

Your views please...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

No....Coruscant and the core worlds are technically center....but Tatooine is imp because key characters spent much of their lives on that barren planet...

if you want to get into deep philosophical meanings...perhaps it';s something about the greatest heroes and villians springing from the most unlikely source...the idea that everyone can make a difference no matter where they herald from.

As for it being in a lot of sw movies...there's a continuity thing...people want to see familiar things...a common planet tiest the movies together

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Yeeeeahh! What ^ said!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 05:37 AM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Anakin comes from there and the movies focus on him....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 11:01 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I think, well no I dont think cos I dont have that ability... blink anyway.

I like the depiction of a dust ball planet at the ar*e end of the galaxy being so important in the grander scheme of things.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Tatooine is a very key important planet in Star Wars, like it was said earlier Anakin was born there, and later Luke is raise there. Moving away from the movies, while I was playing KOTOR I realize two things about Tatooine. One it is desert planet with no purpose. Yet there is something that is significant, which is my second observation: Tatooine could be consider an Archeological treasure. So in away Tatooine, can be consider the center of the universe when it comes to relics and other stuff.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 10:42 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

yeaaaaaaaaaah
Think about this. its 1977 and its a cheap film with a tight budget, not many special effects, not many computers and all you can do is use real places or sets.

No one wants to see New York in Star Wars, so a city planet, no way. too many people and it'll make us think of earth, not another galaxy.
An ice planet? hmmmmm no.... no need for me to explain I hope.
A forest planet? could be but a bit too messy for someone to come from there. w
a desert! now thats original, a clear hot place, where we'll have lots of place to film because its cheap, we'll ba able to build our own little huts to make a village. Plus its original, because like Julie said (enter julies quote here).

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Last edited by Dirty Vader on Mar 2nd, 2004 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote