KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Shaq/Kobe/T-Mac... predictions?

Shaq/Kobe/T-Mac... predictions?
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

i forget Kenyon Martin he re-signs with the Nets

Old Post May 26th, 2004 10:33 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartaz

My predictions never come true in these matters so I'll shut up. Although, if the Lakers win the championship this year (my senses tell me they will), then I don't think there is a need to replace a winning card.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 10:47 PM
Spartaz is currently offline Click here to Send Spartaz a Private Message Find more posts by Spartaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
so this is how it looks so far...

Free Agents-

Duncan-theres no reason why he should leave the spurs with all that yourng talent
Rasheed-Wild Card but i see him resigning as a Piston
Malone-my guess is he's gonna stay a laker win or lose
Payton-retire
Kobe-wants Phil gone but Shaq wants Phil there... i think lakers would rather have shaq so Kobe will be in Memphis reunited with Jerry West
Mcgrady-another Wild card we all know about the rumors to the suns but that dont mean its gonna happen

well those are my offseason predictions

I really don't expect GP to retire.

I think he's obviously had his problems with the offense in LA, but I also think he's starting to get used to his role on the team. After getting scorched by Toni Parker in game 1 and game 2...he started turning more into "the glove" than we've seen for a while. And recently his offensive production has been up. He's still not that old, and i heard he's like best friends with Karl Malone, so i hope he goes where Malone goes....and even better...i hope the both stay in LA.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:03 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

he might stay if phil is gone but i dont think phil is going anywhere coz shaq is in love with the guy but i dont think paytons ego will ever let him be a role player

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:02 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i don't really see Phil Jackson to be the confrontational type. I don't see how Kobe and Gary could both hate him as much as some people are saying in the threads. This is nothing at all like Sprewell and Carlisimoe, or Iverson and Brown.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:34 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i dont think anything will be like sprewell and carlismoe but i think it is like brown and iverson...kobe has publicly said that he does not like phil jackson as a person dont ask me what paper he said that in coz i dont know...one of the sideline reporters during the game said it thats how i heard it

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:18 PM
Linkalicious

yah i heard the same thing, but i never actually saw Kobe say it to the public. He never let it slip on camera so I kind of question the credibility of the statement.

Kobe pretty much gets to do whatever he wants in that offense, and he's winning rings while he's at it. Either he actually does like being in LA or he wants out because he doesn't know how good he has it.

You could stick any number of stars in Kobe's place and LA would still dominate because of Shaq.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:22 PM
wuTa

yea well thats tough to argue coz its true but shaq isnt getting any younger he seems to be more injury prone....each year he seems less dominant... i dont think he has alot of years left in him and last year the spurs proved that he isnt invincible....who knows why Kobe would want to leave there could be a ton reasons...he wants his own team, maybe he doesnt like his teammates, maybe he wants to proves hes doenst need shaq to win....i just dont see him as a laker next year or maybe he wants a new challenge i mean if he wins this year how many rings is that in LA 3 or 4? 4 right? there wouldnt be anything left for him to prove

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:37 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Kobe's too smart to say something directly to the media about disliking Phil so the only thing we will hear to that extent is through other sources. Also, Payton may leave the Lakers but I don't think he is ready to retire. If he leaves, he'll probably seek another contender. There is rumors of Nash leaving Dallas, maybe he'll replace him, who knows.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:41 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

NOOO Nash cant leave Dallas! I love Dallas the way it is! actually, i loved Dallas more with Van Excel. they just need a big guy on defense and they are set to go at least to the conference finals. basically, Defense is their problem. and a relatively weak bench since Nick left.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 09:15 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

McGrady says he will decide in July if he is staying or leaving. He expressed that he wants Orlando to make significant improvements now and he doesn't believe Okafor or Howard would make in immediate impact. He says that if he leaves, he wants to play for either the Lakers or the Spurs. I guess Orlando should try to trade the pick now with some others for a superstar or something.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:52 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

f*cking greedy bastard....why to the Lakers? WHY?? damn the Lakers and their..."winning"

Old Post May 28th, 2004 08:03 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Well thank God. T-Mac cleared rumors by stating, "I don't want to go there. I don't want to go somewhere where everything's already in place. That would be too easy. I want a challenge." This was in referring to playing in LA or SA. However, now he has hinted that he'd rather play in Houston or Detroit and a slight possibility of going to Indiana. He says he wants to stay in Orlando though, but they need to make improvements.

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:15 AM
wuTa

Detriot whoooo!

Old Post May 30th, 2004 03:09 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Indiana! woo hoo! i still think New Jersey would be a great place for him, maybe even the perfect place.

Old Post May 30th, 2004 03:33 PM
wuTa

if the nets got mcgrady than that would probly mean the nets would have to dump k-mart and that would leave them with no front court at all....i dont see t-mac as a net

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 06:41 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Good call wuTa.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 07:59 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
if the nets got mcgrady than that would probly mean the nets would have to dump k-mart and that would leave them with no front court at all....i dont see t-mac as a net

Why the hell would they have to dump Kenyon? that doesnt make any sense. startiing 5 would be: Jason Kidd, T-Mac, Jefferson, Martin, and Collins. i wish they still had Mourning. that would be an awesome starting 5.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 02:16 PM
wuTa

wherever mcrgrady goes he's gonna get the max salary...k-mart is gonna get max salary or close to it and jason kid already has max salary so that would mean you 3 players at the max which would put you over the cap plus your not gonna have any money to pay for players like jefferson

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 02:55 PM
Linkalicious

K-Mart best damn well not get close to the max salary. Sure he's good, but the Max salary should only be used for players that are worth the max salary.

I don't want T-mac to become a Laker. Things wouldn't be "too easy" by any means. Getting all of that talent to mesh is too difficult. Ask Phil Jackson or Don Nelson. The Lakers would implode if they got back their big 5 (4 + fisher basically)

T-Mac can go anywhere he wants...I don't see him winning a championship ANY time soon.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 08:27 PM