KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » R2 D2

R2 D2
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

I started a new page MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 11:40 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

You worry me....

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Is it true that there was a scene cut from TPM where R2 uses rocket boosters after he falls off a landing platform?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 06:47 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I heard that, I have the action figure with the jets (boosters the pack calls them) but I've never opened it so I don't know what they look like.

I think the scene, which is in the novel, has R2 D2 fall off of the floating platform on Coruscant as our heroes are about to depart to return to Naboo.

R2 wheels to cloise to the ensge, falls off and then bobs back up with the jets coming out of his main body.

I guess it was cut because it's such a domb idea in the context of the film as we have never seen a Astromech droid fly.

A cool idea if this was the first film to be seen but not after seen so many astromechs in the OT.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2000 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I hope it's included in the DVD along with the scene where Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan off for getting his lightsabre wet.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 02:28 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I seem to remember seeing pictures of that scene. Qui Gonn is examinging the sabre whilst OB1 and JJB look on.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't know in which part of the movie it took place though as we never see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon coming out of water except when they are in the sub.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:13 AM
Ratcat

It happens when they first get to Naboo I think. OB1 is running through the swamps trying to escape the Trade Fed droids and he hides underwater and then makes a run for it.

The idea being that he couldn't use his water logged saber against the STAPS as Qui Gonn did because it wouldn't work.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:38 AM
KJ
Sausages

Ah....... I forgot about that scene with Obi-Wan underwater. I hope that's on the DVD as well.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2000 03:40 AM
Great Master Brit Hunt

Are to should be completly destroyed in ep2 and then ee-built as he was in anh and rotj. What do you think?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:16 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

He has already been blown up twice. Isn't that enough for the poor little guy? Doing it again would be boring. Maybe it's 3P0's turn.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 01:21 AM
theEvilJedi

Ihave heard that the reason they edited the water scene out of TPM was because they needed to be able to get lightsabers wet,hence the fight in rain for Episode II.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 08:41 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That makes sense so it probably won't be on the DVD.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2000 01:21 AM
Darth Daft

Sorry I don't quite understand. Why did they take the waterfall bit out of TPM just because of the rain fight in Episode 2?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Not the waterfall scene. We are talking about the scene where Obi-Wan emerges from the water on Naboo and his lightsabre won't work because it is wet.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 08:49 PM
Darth Daft

Oh riiiiiiiiight.....I see. Good point.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote