KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Charlotte

Charlotte
Started by: Arachnoidfreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
yea but there called the bobcats....i just dont see me rooting for a team called the bobcats....go bobcats? it just dont sound right

Agreed. Bobcats does sound a little.....well....akward. erm

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 05:01 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think after a while people won't care. Afterall, you rooted for a team called the "Lakers" in LA. Thats a little...... well...... akward. erm

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:41 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Well, they were originally the Minneapolis Lakers, but they were moved, so anyone could understand why they're called that. Bobcats just sounds...stupid.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:58 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yes...and lakers is such a great name.

or supersonics. that just rolls off the tongue: Go supersonics!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 02:46 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

But the Lakers sounds stupid and has no meaning in LA. They should have changed it. If Miami sold their team to Salem, Oregon, I wouldn't expect them to stay the Salem Heat.

Anyway, here is who they selected. No big names at all to trade.

F Lonny Baxter* Washington
G J.R. Bremer* Golden State
C Primoz Brezec Indiana
G Maurice Carter* New Orleans
C Predrag Drobnjak L.A. Clippers
F Desmond Ferguson* Portland
F Marcus Fizer* Chicago
G Richie Frahm* Seattle
F Brandon Hunter Boston
F Jason Kapono Cleveland
F-C Zaza Pachulia Orlando
F Aleksandar Pavlovic Utah
F Jamal Sampson L.A. Lakers
G Tamar Slay* New Jersey
F Theron Smith Memphis
G Jeff Trepagnier* Denver
F Gerald Wallace Sacramento
C Jahidi White Phoenix
C Loren Woods*

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:59 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

No suprise Charlotte didn't take any of the overrated overpaid players like Stackhouse and Houston.

It will be interesting to see what Gerald Wallace will do with more playing time. The guy is athletic as hell but since he can't make a jump shot to save his life he has been regulated to the King's bench for the last three years.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:55 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yes thats true theres noone on that list that is an eye openor but some of the players can be good in the future

you wannna talk about stupid names how about the utah jazz..there aint no jazz and utah (yes i know that they were orginally in new orleans)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:51 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Utah Mormons laughing

I think the Cats will be led by Wallace, Fizer, and Emeka. Who do you guys think will be their top players this year?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 06:28 PM
wuTa

wallace, fizer, and baxtor i dont think there gonna take emeka..they should go young with howard coz they aint gonna be good for a few years so many as well go young

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 01:22 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think Orlando is going to take Howard, thats why I said Okafor. Charlotte will take whoever of the 2 is left.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:57 AM
wuTa

orlando would be crazy to pass on okefor...they need defense and he gives u that the GM for orlando said its 50/50 righ now between the two but they would be stupid to pass on him if you ask me

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 05:07 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

After recent tryouts, it sounds like there is a lot more upside to Howard. He should make more of an immediate impact than originally expected, he is younger leaving more room for improvement, and he is more of a diverse player.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 05:19 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Then again, Emeka is more of a sure thing, which is kind of what the Magic needs. Oh, I don't know.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 05:26 AM
wuTa

the thing that i've heard about howard is that has the potential to be better than okefor in the long run but they said things like that about chandlor and kwame brown i think okefur is more of a sure thing too plus he can anchor your defense and the one thing the magic cant go without for another year is defense

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 05:34 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

lots of injury questions about okafor

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 05:50 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote