KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Ush's game episode II- "Revenge"- gumf archive

Ush's game episode II- "Revenge"- gumf archive
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Rules And Pointers For Ush's Game ('revenge')

Here are some rules and pointers for the new game

1. The format is the same as before. For the new guys, this means you should be more interested in influencing events rather than spontaneously creating new things in the world. Everything you post is subject to my approval; if it is too disruptive to the game it will be edited. Please, feel free to ask me- in thread or by PM- anything you are unclear about, or anything you are not sure whether you can or cannot do.

2. The game is called Revenge because that is the predominant theme. The Dark Siders are trying to have it, the Light Siders are trying to prevent it, in plots that intertwine. Many of the characters who played the last game have vengeful feelings of their own to deal with as well. Luke’s quest for revenge over the death of his father was a heavy theme in Star Wars, and so it is here

3. This is a game played when you guys are, basically, in isolation. Once you get fully into the plot you will have only each other to rely on; you will be in hostile territory with no backup forces, or ships, or anything like that to come down and help you. There will be bad guys that hate you both and both sides will have to deal with each other, of course. This game is very focussed on the players

4. It will take you time to complete your objectives- once they are done the game is over. You can’t just walk in to where you want to go and announce you have done it; there are many obstacles in the way. I expect this game to be shorter than the one before, but try not to rush it.

5. The Dark Siders have been working with fellow Dark Jedi controlled by me from the start; this time the Light Siders have some Jedi friends as well. These people will help you as best they can but they won’t do the game for you; that is your job. They will also be used by me at times to advance the plot, especially if things are getting behind.

A note to everyone that has not done so- you should read the 'Epligoues' at the end of the old game threads, if you played in that game. The Post Scripts are also interesting reading, especially the 'Advancment' one which requires feedback from you guys.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 08:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Changes 'Attack of the Clones' makes to the RP

Actually... very little.

First of all, there are no Jedi energy bolts in the film (guess you jumped the gun there, yerss).

Second, lightning is now no longer Palpatine only, but obviously still reserved for the very powerful. Furthermore, it can be blocked by sabres (and/or powerful force users). Thus making it not quite the ultimate weapon we assumed it to be. So rather more likely to make an appearance.

Thirdly, there is no mention made in the film of the Dark Side being better able to predict the futute than the Light, but the power of the Dark Side to cloud the perception of the Jedi is made very clear. It might be a Sith only thing, but I'll be inclined to let the Dark Siders stay one step ahead of the good guys based on that, as they need a lot of breaks with the whole galaxy hostile to them.

And lastly never shoot at Mace Windu; you'll only piss him off.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 02:13 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

laughing out loud

Old Post May 16th, 2002 01:18 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'll wait til Vader comes around, then get it in good with him. wink

Old Post May 16th, 2002 02:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and I stand to my point! that ball IS there! They just cut it in the UK version to get a good grading ... I hope...

anywayz... if not, that power can still be there, just not in the movies, so still allowed?

Old Post May 16th, 2002 03:01 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope! Jedi using ball-zaps seems rather silly to me and with it not being in the films it stays out. Far too much like magic.

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:28 PM
yerssot

isn't the Force like magic?

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, it has obvious limits.

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:47 PM
yerssot

"I do not aproof this" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know.

I'm sorry, but I DO like to stick to the films as much as possble. Letting you guys having non-film coloured sabres is favour enough!

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:54 PM
yerssot

and here am I with my nice blue one roll eyes (sarcastic)

soooooooooooooooooooo... I have a blue one, can I have the Force Ball as MY EU thingie?

Old Post May 16th, 2002 05:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope!

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2002 06:04 PM
yerssot

ok... let me rephrase that...

since I don't have a sabre, can't I have that power?

Old Post May 16th, 2002 06:05 PM
LanceWindu

Let me answer for you Ush.

NOPE!

Old Post May 16th, 2002 06:08 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

like I would ever listen to you!

every second you waste with not searching the DJ's, is a second the Dark Side consumes me more and more!

Old Post May 16th, 2002 06:10 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Wouldn't a kind of zap attack be just like an extremely mild Force Lightning?

So, will the DJ ever deal with Dooku?

Old Post May 18th, 2002 05:00 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You never know.

Which is to say, the chances of Dooku not being in one of my games is ZERO. He's too damn cool. But you might want to think carelfull of what the circumsatnces might be.

BtVS

Old Post May 18th, 2002 09:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The number 0 is a really low number. At least it's not negative 5 chance.

Old Post May 19th, 2002 03:51 AM
yerssot

so he is in it, but will we see OB1 or Anakin???

Old Post May 19th, 2002 08:36 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very possibly, though unlikely to be in an extended sense. Bad guys are easier to put in than good guys, on the whole.

BtVS

Old Post May 19th, 2002 11:14 AM