KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Review: The Day After Tomorrow

Review: The Day After Tomorrow
Started by: sith_darth_jay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I liked it, it was never boring and visually stunning.
totally agree with BF...I never felt really bored and they never stop the special effects for to long 8/10 for entertainment factor.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 08:49 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

action wuz great in my opinion but........the ending sucked....they should of finished the story more...like what happens next....like terminator 2, sum1 is talking about wut happens in the future.......

hell, the black hobo guy and his dog should of been the only person hu survived

Old Post May 31st, 2004 09:23 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
totally agree with BF...I never felt really bored and they never stop the special effects for to long 8/10 for entertainment factor.

Agree. Never felt bored, imo it has one cheesy scene (the firefighter coming back roll eyes (sarcastic) totally unnecessary). Oh and they should have shown lots of rats running away. I mean it does pretty much take place in NY. lol
Great effects, a well built story and a good ending IMO.
And finally Americans giving credit to somebody else LOL
I actually felt cold watching this movie blink I think they turned the AC really low and tried to freeze us in the movie theater.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:58 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I liked this movie and I thought I wouldn't, that's always a nice surprise, thought it would be just another American hero movie, and although Jack was a bit of a hero travelling to 'rescue' his son when he needn't have done so because his son took his advice, it was still good and the effects and views were V Good. I would suggest you watch it if you have not done so already, not a classic but still quite good. 7/10

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:04 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'll go and have a look at this one after exams

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:28 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
I actually felt cold watching this movie blink I think they turned the AC really low and tried to freeze us in the movie theater.

me too!

right now it's like really cold in my country, but i felt it even more when i watched the movie. Gonna go see it again next week, after i see HP

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 09:25 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by moonwalker741
action wuz great in my opinion but........the ending sucked....they should of finished the story more...like what happens next....like terminator 2, sum1 is talking about wut happens in the future.......

hell, the black hobo guy and his dog should of been the only person hu survived

A good movie, like a good comedian, leaves you wanting more.

It was an excellent movie. Great concept for a movie, as well.

8.5/10

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:38 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunnySkittlez
Sanity Slayer

I saw the movie last saturday, and it was pretty intense, but is was actually better than I expected it. lol I find it funny how it's always L.A that gets the big things first in disaster movies..xD

pirate

Happy DanceIt's Peanut Butter Jelly Time...big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:37 PM
SunnySkittlez is currently offline Click here to Send SunnySkittlez a Private Message Find more posts by SunnySkittlez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have seen the film it was cool and intense but not the best.

I regreat only having 1 life time to waste on games.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 10:41 PM
COTTON MAN is currently offline Click here to Send COTTON MAN a Private Message Find more posts by COTTON MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hollygolightly

This movie scared me. The moral was a bit pushed at the end though. Gotta love the political message about the third world countries put in there. Oh and when everything gets like a million degress below zero? and it snows? That's not possible. I really liked the homeless guy and his dog. The frozen statue of liberty was awesome, and Jake was really hot, as always. When I came out of the theater after seeing this, the temperature had dropped ten degrees. Really freaked me out.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:41 AM
hollygolightly is currently offline Click here to Send hollygolightly a Private Message Find more posts by hollygolightly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

This movie surprised me. I expected something with a weak storyline like Independence Day but instead I got the crap scared out of me. Not in the same way Blair Witch or the original Halloween did, but in the way that we could be looking at the future of this planet and not very many seem to care. The special effects are VERY believeable, and the acting was adequate for this type of movie. Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhall were head and shoulders above the rest of the cast. Since everyone is rating this movie on a 1-10 scale, I will do the same. 7.5/10

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:36 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poshtotty1987
'Fallen Angel'

quote:
Originally posted by moonwalker741
the movie is out....i thought it comes out on friday....??

lol its funny yesterday (wedsday)...i sed to my friend "hey! the day after tommorow comes out the day after tommorow....lol...im so lame....

Yeah i sed that 2! embarrasment

Happy Dance It's the legendary TV series of the 60's but unlike the 1966 feature Thunderbirds Are Go, this time there are no strings attached! big grin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 01:17 PM
poshtotty1987 is currently offline Click here to Send poshtotty1987 a Private Message Find more posts by poshtotty1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colabee
Discombobulated.

I really liked it. Was on the edge of my seat quite a few times and hiding behind my hands for the scene with the wolves. Haven't done that kind of thing at the movies for ages.

Because it's possible that one day the events in the film will happen I also found it upsetting to watch too. When I came out the cinema I remember breathing in the air and taking the time to look around at everything and listening to the birds chirping in the trees. So if nothing else the film made me appreciate life. At least for a few days anyway laughing out loud

8/10 from me.

Last edited by Colabee on Jul 9th, 2004 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:29 PM
Colabee is currently offline Click here to Send Colabee a Private Message Find more posts by Colabee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scholar

I loved the movie, it had great effects, the only retarded part was when the wolves came and attacked the guys when they were trying to get on the ship for the medicine, i dont know it just seemed to fake for me

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:05 AM
Scholar is currently offline Click here to Send Scholar a Private Message Find more posts by Scholar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COTTON MAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a pritty intense, stuff I was not expecting.

I regreat only having 1 life time to waste on games.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 08:13 AM
COTTON MAN is currently offline Click here to Send COTTON MAN a Private Message Find more posts by COTTON MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

No reviews for two months?
Anyways, I thought it was a lot better than anything I was expecting. Don't really like the PG-13 rating, they cut away from ALOT of stuff that would have been shown in an R movie, but hey, what can you do nowadays.

Overall, entertaining and not boring, like BF said.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:25 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWelling4Ever
Smallville Freak

i luvd this movie, it was very entertaining!

Lois: I don't understand what the big deal is. We just took a shower.

Clark: SHOWERSSSS!!! We took seperate showers!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 06:52 PM
TWelling4Ever is currently offline Click here to Send TWelling4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by TWelling4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote