KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA: Best Shooter Ever?

NBA: Best Shooter Ever?
Started by: Mav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mav
Can't think of one

NBA: Best Shooter Ever?

Name your picks, mine are

1) Larry "Legend" Bird

2) Jerry "Mr.Clutch" West

3 "Pistol" Pete Maravich

So, how about you all?

made by verauko

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:26 AM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

reggie miller

micheal jordan

jerry west

i would say reggie miller is the best pure shooter

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:32 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Reggie Miller

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:34 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Jerry West, no doubt

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:03 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

toss up between Bird and Miller. Jordan didnt really have a 3-point shot.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:12 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

Pega, Glen Rice (hornet days), Wesley Person, M. Jordan(later in his career) Ray Allen, and Reggie Miller.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:44 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

oh, and Paul Pierce, and Derk N.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:45 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Larry Bird is way better than most of those people you named. Granted Glen Rice is one of the best ever, but not #1. Jordan couldnt shoot 3s like Bird or Miller, so he's out. Person was a fvcking fantastic shooter...i had forgotten about him. Dirk Novitzki still has some practicing left to do to become the best ever... and Paul Pierce needs to take better shots. Pega??...do you mean Peja Stojacavich? great shooter, not the best...yet. he may be one day.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:06 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

yeah, I typed it wrong, him and derk... wacko I knew it was wrong, so I spared his last name as well. And Jordan had the mid-jumper, he did more shooting than dunking than a common ESPN highlight reel.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:15 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

well, later in his career he was the best mid-range shooter, but if we are talking overall, 3 point shots included, then he isnt the best. his 3 point FG average isnt that good.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:53 AM
wuTa

paul pierce? i dont think he's one of the top shooter's in the league and he certainly isnt one of the best shooters ever and jordan never really took alot of the 3s but he could hit than...he tied the record for most 3s in the nba finals when when played the lakers

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:54 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

six in a row with a "i don't know" expression..and Clifford Robinson looks so young back then..like a young Jamie Foxx.

Paul Pierce is good, they don't play games on T.v.and when they are they fail miserable, Pierce is the Main Guy to take shots in a game..bein' doubled teamed. Personally, I'd like to see Pierce in a diffrent uniform, maybe with YAO!!

Last edited by Beyond Image on May 28th, 2004 at 04:17 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:13 AM
wuTa

yea i'm not saying he's not good he's bostons best player and an all star for sure but he gets alot of his buckets with drives and by creating his own shot and not really a catch and shoot guy...he's one of the most talented players in the league but he's not one of the best shooters in the league

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:22 AM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

This thread is somewhat pointless. For every person you name, someone else can name 2 more that are argueably better shooters.

You say Jerry West, but in his day competition wasn't as tight. And he didn't even have a three point line his entire career.

Reggie can fire threes, but he's not extremely consistant. I highly question his mid-range game, turn around jumper, and skills near the hoop.

Bird was just a pure shooter...he deserves to be on everyone's list.

Glenn Rice....had like 2 good years. He was like league MVP one year...then feel completely into obscurity.

Jordan had an all around game like Kobe Bryant. Sure he wasn't known for his 3 point skills, but he could hit them in the clutch and when his team need fuel for a come back.

Peja Stojacavich has a really nice touch, quick release, and nice rotation on his shot. But he can't create shots for himself. Being strictly a 3 point thread leaves you in a class with shooters like Steve Kerr and Dennis Scott.

Ray Allen is just a wee bit young to be on this list, but in time, I think he'll show that he's one of the best shooters in NBA history. He's got a really pure shot with a really quick release...and he's deadly from all over the court.

If you're going to name Wesly Person. Then you might as well include shooters like Steve Smith and Terry Porter.

Dirk is a great outside shooter for a big guy, but inside play counts as shots too. I don't think Dirk is very good with his back to the basket at all...so i wouldn't include him on my list.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

all valid ponts. also, Dan Marljie was a great shooter, and you pointed out Steve Kerr, and i also think early Mitch Richmond was a great shooter...not so much later in his career though....he kinda just went away

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:28 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

well, i was looking it over, and curiously, there are guards and other forwards who shot better than Larry Bird....percentage wise anyway. i discounted Power Forwards and Centers because they take high percentage shots all game. http://www.nba.com/history/players/index.html

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:36 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Bird was clutch....no.....make that Super Clutch.

And he was tall like big Bird. Then you take into account his 3 point championships...and boom. He's just sick.

Now why hasn't someone named someone like the silky smooth Tim Legler? roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean...the guy wont the 3 point championship back to back to back....didn't he?

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:59 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

nono, Bird was Uber Super Clutch. only ones i can think of as good as he was in the clutch are Jordan and Mr. Clutch himself, Jerry West.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:02 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Bird was clutch....no.....make that Super Clutch.

And he was tall like big Bird. Then you take into account his 3 point championships...and boom. He's just sick.

Now why hasn't someone named someone like the silky smooth Tim Legler? roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean...the guy wont the 3 point championship back to back to back....didn't he?

no he only won it one year the only players to win it 3 times in a row are craig hodges and larry bird

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:09 PM
Mav
Can't think of one

Why doesn't anyone like Pistol Pete?

made by verauko

Old Post May 28th, 2004 05:14 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote