KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman fight sequences

Batman fight sequences
Started by: Matt-le-kat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Matt-le-kat

Batman fight sequences

Ey up there!

My friend is in the early stages of making a batman short. i've seen some ppl think that the batman films (especially the earlier ones) have quite static and unfluid fight scenes.

I totally agree with this statement, which is why i'm hear to ask you guys what fighting styles you would prefer to see in a batman film?

fast urban kinda streetfighting, or more slick matrix style kung fu? Any films that you could suggest that have real good choreography would be a great help smile

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:46 PM
Matt-le-kat is currently offline Click here to Send Matt-le-kat a Private Message Find more posts by Matt-le-kat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Hahah..i suggest a combination of both. Batman is the master of every martial art known to exist which means he can adapt them under different circumstances. He can employ "slick matrix style kungfu" in an "urban kinda streetfight," because the former looks more beautiful but the latter looks more raw. But I wouldn't want a flowery, dancing, super-crouching-tigerish Batman just as I wouldn't want a slow, awkward punching and kicking one either, ya know?

Sometimes the less they show the better...cuz it makes him more mysterious and threatening. He should do a lot of Bruce Leeish tactics, where he punches a guy wihtout even looking at him (ie., scene in Batman Returns). That's HOT.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 10:12 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I don't know what martial arts Batman has under his belt (yes, I've heard he's mastered them all; no, I haven't seen that from an official source), but it's important to remember that the new movie is showing Batman just starting out. That means he's still very inexperienced and may never even have faced real combat conditions before. This should be reflected in his fights--he should be good, but not kicking the same amount of ass as he does today after years of practice.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 05:08 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Agreed.

It would be awesome if he was graceful, and powerful, but shows his inexperience in the field. Like, early in the film he gets slashed by a knife or something, nothing serious. Later on in the movie something similar happens but he dodges it clearly, showing he has learnt extremely quickly and shows his awesome IQ and brilliant fighting mind.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 11:39 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

Re: Batman fight sequences

quote:
Originally posted by Matt-le-kat
Ey up there!

My friend is in the early stages of making a batman short. i've seen some ppl think that the batman films (especially the earlier ones) have quite static and unfluid fight scenes.

I totally agree with this statement, which is why i'm hear to ask you guys what fighting styles you would prefer to see in a batman film?

fast urban kinda streetfighting, or more slick matrix style kung fu? Any films that you could suggest that have real good choreography would be a great help smile

I'd say something on the lines of Blade and Daredevil's style of fighting. Fast, strong hand to hand brutality. Also, the latex suits look very cool but they really limit your movement. I want to see some Year one/Dead End lycra

http://www.clarkbartram.com/batmanc...tmanphotos.html

Blade

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 03:28 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah, I think Batman suits the old bare knuckle fighting techniques like Blade.

Batman shouldn't need to break out his martial arts stuff on common thugs, he'd be able to take'em in an all out brawl. It should look brutal and solid, non of this Matrixy fancy stuff.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 07:40 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

I know right? When I watched Blade and Daredevil, I kept thinking how Batman is capable of these fighting styles and he'd look sooooo much better in the movies that way.

Blade

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 07:43 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote