KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Balance of the Force

The Balance of the Force
Started by: Nim Nom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nim Nom

The Balance of the Force

What does that exactly mean? Does it mean that the Dark side should be equal to the Light side of the Force?
If not, how does killing all the Sith bring balance to the Force?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 02:47 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That is actually one of the most intelligent questions I have ever seen posted here or anywhere else.

Balance does inply equel, by wiping out the dark side they do create a new inequality in ROTJ.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

The only thing I can think it that the force doesn't need to stay balanced...I haven't a clue though.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The Jedi are seeking balance, but what is their definition of balance???

Last Post before my holiday - MAYBE smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xantos Clone

the balance of the force

WOW! this really is a great post! not bad for your fist one nim nom...

at first I thought it meant to give the jedi absolute power and control ....but now I have not a clue what their idea of balance could mean....

it' almost as if they know they have to thin the head or something...

on the other hand, at the end of ROTJ.......how can they be balanced if there are no Sith at all??...or when they thought the sith did not exist in TPM, why would they want to mess with it at all??...it's only a prophecy or urban legend referece mentioned by mace....

hmmmm....I think we have a large post topic folks....

nice work nim nom!!!! (I say we make nim a jedi)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 09:18 AM
Dim
Creativity

Re: the balance of the force

Are we sure that it's not just a point in time thing?...

OH...or maybe it's because there's is good and evil in every man...Both Luke and Vader had reached that balance and Palpatine who was totally evil was dead so there was no imbalance there.....okay, that's my theory smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tainted one

i've argued before that the force was out of balance because of the sith. don't think of the force in terms of yin and yang. there doesn't have to be an equal amount of bad to balance the good. i like to think of it in terms of balance meaning all good. any amount of bad will unbalance the force.

of course, if you follow this train of thought, other questions arise. did anakin bring balance to the force? well maybe because it was him that killed the emperor. it just took him half a decade or more to fulfill that destiny.

but i still think that the son of the sun, the one to bring balance to the force, the prophecy child, is luke. because anakin burns like the sun inside (greg bear, rogue planet), and luke is his son, and luke is the #1 major factor in bringing balance to the force (according to my definition above). i don't think vader would have had enough strength on his own to kill palpatine without his son there.

of course there are a lot of "if's" in this. this is just the way i look at it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 06:18 PM
Nim Nom

Or do you think Anakin brought balance to the force by joining the Dark side? and not destroying the Dark side.
But then why would QuiGon tell ObiWan to train the boy, as he will bring balance to the force.

On another note, why would they wanted to bring balance to the force, when they didn't know a sith existed?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2000 09:14 PM
Xantos Clone

the balance of the force

nim, that's what I was saying too...

I have made comments about Luke being the real prophecy and the real chosen one...."the son of the sun" idea...

it gives meaning to qui gon saying "he will BRING balance...." almost like saying "I don't know how....but he will give way to something big"

his offspring of course...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2000 10:06 AM
Dim
Creativity

Actuall it's the Son of Suns...I think it's refering to the twin suns of Tatooine..And Vader was the one who brought balance because he's the one who killed Palpatine...IMHO.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2000 11:21 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Qui-Gon was only one generation off when he told Obi-Wan that "the boy will bring balance to the force". It is obviously Luke and not Anakin that brought balance in that Luke brought Vader back from the dark side and then Vader chucked the Emporer off lovers leap. In episodes 4-6 there was obviously an imbalance as the Empire was running amok around the universe like Godzilla causing a good deal of general unpleasantness. The imbalance that Qui-Gon spoke of in TPM seemed to be only felt by him. I don't recall Obi-Wan or anybody on the Jedi council pissing and moaning about the bad guys having more points on the scoreboard. I agree that the balance isn't a *** for tat thing (kill one jedi, kill one sith, kill one jedi, kill one sith). It can probably interpreted in many ways, but lets face it, true believers, George (what he says goes) Lucas is the only one who knows for sure.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 06:31 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Watch that language new person.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 06:48 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

He didn't swear. Welcome anyway.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2000 08:27 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

I agree with Gundark on this one. I also believe that Luke, not Anakin the "choosen one." I think that EP3 could end with Yoda and Ben talking about Luke and saying that he, not his father, is the one who will bring balance. Luke always has been my favorite character so I may be a little bias. But none the less I think we will find out that the Son of Vader is the ULTIMATE Jedi Knight.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 07:51 AM
Xantos Clone

the balance of the force

Yes!...it would also explain why the emperor in ESB says"we have a new enemy...Luke Skywalker"

"He could destroy us".."the son of skywalker must not become a jedi"

after wiping out almost all of the jedi...how could just one "boy" destroy the entire empire?...I think the emperor and vader believe that Luke could very well be the actual chosen one...

"he would make a powerfull asset"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2000 10:05 AM
KJ
Sausages

I think the Emperor just meant that Luke could destroy them because Vader had feelings towards him. Remember the Emperor asked Vader is his feelings were clear on this matter.

Gundark, if you are one of the people I E-mailed could you please E-mail me back so I don't keep bothering you asking you to come here. JM3838 could you do the same please.smile

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2000 02:46 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Master Brit Hunt

I agree with KJ.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:11 PM
Darth Daft

George Lucas once said somewhere that the balance is just when things are right or wrong with the Force I think. So the Sith and the Dark Side unbalance, whereas when there is no Dark Side, only Light Side, there is balance.
I think that's it.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

But there were no Sith to there acknowledge in Epi.I.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 05:39 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I agree that to have balance all the bad has to be destroyed. Lucas himself reiterated recently that Vader is the chosen one. He brings balance by killing the Emperor.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 09:25 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote