KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Balance of the Force

The Balance of the Force
Started by: Nim Nom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Daft

Yes and by sacrificing his life to save Luke.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johndillinger19

to bring balance to the force one must embrace the entire force, both light and dark side...i guess you all missed it in jedi when Luke strikes Vader out of ANGER when Vader threatens to turn Leia...Luke is the first jedi to have balanced in himself the light and dark side..this really isnt that had to comprehend

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 06:26 PM
Click here to Send johndillinger19 a Private Message Find more posts by johndillinger19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wrong... Lucas has said lt many times: balance of the Force is when there is no dark side.

Can't believe we're still having this debate. Every once in a while people come back with a yin-yang concept of the balance of the Force. It doesn't work taht way... Lucas is boos and he says it's light only.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 11:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

OMG...this thread was 10 years old...I was only 12 when the last post was made up until today. lol

I like George.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Who dug up this okld fossil then?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 08:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthGalbatorix

Re: The Balance of the Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nim Nom
What does that exactly mean? Does it mean that the Dark side should be equal to the Light side of the Force?
If not, how does killing all the Sith bring balance to the Force?
ok this is my first post and i want to do it with it i think the balance of the force is rubbish because in TPM they say they don't believe the sith still exist so.... at that time there was balance (in their minds) so why the hell would they believe in the prophecy and after TROTJ if u read stuff like star wars legacy there of coarse are more sith so no there is not balance of the force and if there is they must be billions of prophecy's of people that will kill the sith and besides there will always be more sith

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:20 PM
Click here to Send DarthGalbatorix a Private Message Find more posts by DarthGalbatorix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG... this has been talked to death for no reason at all. Lucas has explained this enough: balance=light side only. The end.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:25 PM
JuicyJ

Again I'm late, but here I am.

IMO balance very well means equal. It does everywhere else in life; why not the force. Let's not forget the part of the prophecy where they mention the "chosen one" being born of midichlorians, which (as much as I too love Luke) means he is not the chosen one.

To DarthGalbatorix: if QuiGon never pursued Anakin as the chosen one then there would be no Star Wars. Anakin wouldn't have met Padme, so no Luke or Leia....you get the picture. In life everything happens for a reason. But you had me thinking and I like that!

After Anakin balances the force, 2 Sith Lords (Darth Sidious + Darth Vader) = 2 Jedi Masters (Master Yoda + Master Obi Wan Kenobi); Luke then maintains the balance. Thank you johndillinger19 for explaining this. But in the books yes there were 2 young apprentices of Darth Vader; not considered Sith when Darth Sidious and Vader were still living, but after death we again have 2 Sith = 2 Jedi Twin Skywalkers.

Bottom line as long as there are Jedi there will be Sith simply because of HUMAN NATURE.

I would love to have your thoughts.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 04:24 AM
Click here to Send JuicyJ a Private Message Find more posts by JuicyJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Oh my. I just read this whole page and can't stop laughing laughing out loud

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 05:09 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I can't stop crying.

Originally posted by JuicyJ
Again I'm late, but here I am.

IMO balance very well means equal. It does everywhere else in life; why not the force. Let's not forget the part of the prophecy where they mention the "chosen one" being born of midichlorians, which (as much as I too love Luke) means he is not the chosen one.

To DarthGalbatorix: if QuiGon never pursued Anakin as the chosen one then there would be no Star Wars. Anakin wouldn't have met Padme, so no Luke or Leia....you get the picture. In life everything happens for a reason. But you had me thinking and I like that!

After Anakin balances the force, 2 Sith Lords (Darth Sidious + Darth Vader) = 2 Jedi Masters (Master Yoda + Master Obi Wan Kenobi); Luke then maintains the balance. Thank you johndillinger19 for explaining this. But in the books yes there were 2 young apprentices of Darth Vader; not considered Sith when Darth Sidious and Vader were still living, but after death we again have 2 Sith = 2 Jedi Twin Skywalkers.

Bottom line as long as there are Jedi there will be Sith simply because of HUMAN NATURE.

I would love to have your thoughts.

Balance=light side only. That's the only thought that counts.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:41 AM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by queeq
I can't stop crying.

Balance=light side only. That's the only thought that counts.

so if it's light side only (and i apoligize if this has been said before)
but what do they have in TPM as far as they know there are no sith, no darkside so wouldn't they have balance?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 07:54 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by darthmaul1
so if it's light side only (and i apoligize if this has been said before)
but what do they have in TPM as far as they know there are no sith, no darkside so wouldn't they have balance?

Doesn't mean it would remain that way indefinetely.

The fact that the Sith were discovered to still be alive in that movie would give the prophecy more meaning.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But OB1 already sensed it, something elusive.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 09:25 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

don't think of 'balance' as a scale. its 'balance' as in 'at an equilibrium'. in nature, oil spills dont account for some constant necessary yin/yang struggle. its just a big man-made mess and nothing more, which causes imbalance/death of ecosystems.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 11:34 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good one. And true.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:00 PM
Charlie512

Originally posted by queeq
OMG... this has been talked to death for no reason at all. Lucas has explained this enough: balance=light side only. The end.

Well there is this argument: Death of the Author

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well... that is true up to a point. But Lucas has always clearly explained what his balance was and how that was part of his narrative structure. And I do think there is a difference between a non-fictional world as backdrop and a purely fictional world. We are all part of the non-fictional world and we can study it from our own perspective. That is only possible in a much more limited way in a purely fictional world. On which we have to rely on its creator.

Plus I think it also depends to what extend an author of a purely fictional world has explained things. Where explanation is missing, imagination takes over. The Balance thing has been explained to death, so all you can do in that matter to disagree is say Lucas is wrong about his own creation.

And I didn't see Lucas in the list of authors there. wink

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 08:21 AM
darthmaul1

Or does the bringing balance mean to be both light and dark in one, at the same time. so this is what Anakin did and the prophecy was misread?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 11:26 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

wrong

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 04:36 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucas explained it numerous times: the selfish approach of the Sith dirupts things, it therefore creates unbalance.... the selfless approach of the Jedi brings balance.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 07:38 AM