KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Detriot baby Detriot!!

Detriot baby Detriot!!
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

Detriot baby Detriot!!

hey i'm not sure but wasnt that the 1st time the lakers lost in the staple center this year in the post season....and how come i didnt see timberlake, usher, and clark kent sitting in the front row? big grin

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:16 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Detroit plays some ugly ass ball, but if they can beat the Lakers they can make it as ugly as they want.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:29 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

hey thats defense baby..some people call it ugly bball i call it winning bball

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:31 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

This is how its going to be Pistions next game then BACK to The BIG D
for the finsh

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:44 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

are you on crack?

I'll Guarentee the Lakers take game 2. Defense my ass...Karl Malone just shot like crap. You said it yourself...no one on the Lakers other than Bryant or O'Neal had more than 5 points. I saw plenty of open jumpers missed. It was more poor offense than good defense. Thought Detroit did play fabulous defense last game. Especially with the weak side help and the quick hands of the guards.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I hope Pistons win! I'm sick of all those rowdy jerks wearing Lakers jerseys and claiming to be real fans! Talk about real bandwagon losers! The minute the Lakers lose a game all those morons remove the Lakers flags from their cars. Anyways, win lose or draw those idiots will be trashing the Staples center area.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:31 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
are you on crack?

I'll Guarentee the Lakers take game 2. Defense my ass...Karl Malone just shot like crap. You said it yourself...no one on the Lakers other than Bryant or O'Neal had more than 5 points. I saw plenty of open jumpers missed. It was more poor offense than good defense. Thought Detroit did play fabulous defense last game. Especially with the weak side help and the quick hands of the guards.

not quite sure who your talkin to but part of malone shoot like crap was because of defense he did miss some open hosts but the rest of his shots were contested too..... it wsa defineuty more of good defense than poor offense espicially in the 2nd half...your whole team except two players cant score in double digits and your sayin the whole team was off no way i dont buy that, detriot gave kobe and shaq there points and clammed down on everyone else...i mean that D in the 2nd half was just awesome

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:37 PM
Linkalicious

I give that win soley to Larry Brown. He had his team better prepared, with a better game plan, and a better mentality entering this game. I'm interested in seeing the Lakers next game because Phil will get a chance to make adjustments to counter Brown's inital game plan.

Still very disappointed by Karl's performance...especially after all that half time hype.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Yeah i'm glad Detroit won and thier defense was amzing and... you're right Larry did hav a better game-plan

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:35 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

What was with Ben Wallace's swoop lay up early in the game (that missed) when he had an open dunk? That made me mad that he did that. Its not even like they were in Detroit where he would have got the crowd pumped.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 09:26 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

and Ben Wallace air balling 16 foot jumpshots. you know, i know, and he definitly knows, that he cant make that shot more than 2 times out of 10. Pass the ball stupid! I am glad that they still won though.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 09:29 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

That was an ugly shot but I wouldn't say don't let him shoot it. He makes it pretty often, its just that when he misses its ugly as hell.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 10:51 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm only rooting for the Pistons because of Rip Hamilton. Go Ex-Uconn people!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:07 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

man his form on that jumper wasn't bad, but once it left his hand things got ugly quick.

I hate to admit this, because i'm gonna stick with my team through thick and thin, but i kinda want Detroit to win just because their defense is freakin sick. It's hard watching the Lakers pitiful defense go to work. Of course I'll make an except for Karl Malone....his D kicks ass for a guy who can't jump.

Detroit's just.......hard not to like.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:08 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
man his form on that jumper wasn't bad, but once it left his hand things got ugly quick.

I hate to admit this, because i'm gonna stick with my team through thick and thin, but i kinda want Detroit to win just because their defense is freakin sick. It's hard watching the Lakers pitiful defense go to work. Of course I'll make an except for Karl Malone....his D kicks ass for a guy who can't jump.

Detroit's just.......hard not to like.

blink

Tptman - This should be the draft of your dreams then.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:49 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
and Ben Wallace air balling 16 foot jumpshots. you know, i know, and he definitly knows, that he cant make that shot more than 2 times out of 10. Pass the ball stupid! I am glad that they still won though.

he airballed the 1st shot but he made like 3 or 4 and one was a big shot in the 4th from 16 feet...the lakers are gonna give him that shot and he needs to take it because when he makes them that just opens up more offense for detriot

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:36 AM
wuTa

i got a kick how everybody in the west thought San Antionio had a better D than detiort...and i even the lakers said the spurs had a better defense...i expect that from the fans coz they probly dont see detriot play alot or at all but the lakers are suppose to have scouts and shit....detriot held oppenenst under 60 points for like 10 straight games and even though the spurs tied detriot with holdin there oppenents to 84 points a game this is the spurs 1st year doin that...Detriot has bein doin that for the past three

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:43 AM
Linkalicious

I wouldn't say Detroit's defense is any better than San Antonio's....but i wouldn't say it's any worst. Both have slight advantages and disadvantages to their game, but with the combination of their offense, i'd say San Antonio is a better team.

Detroit shuts down crap teams from the East all season long. Detroit wouldn't be able to hold the top 5 West teams under 70 points 4 outta 5 games. (neither would SA, but still) I just wouldn't build hype around one game one performance where the whole Laker team besides Shaq and Kobe shot like 25% from the field. Call it good D all you want, they missed the majority of their open jumpers, game 2 will be a different Lakers team and the same solid Detroit team.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 01:24 PM
wuTa

yea and you can call poor shooting all you want but this whole post season when detroit won when the other teams shot poorly... poor shooting is caused by good defense..... detriot doenst play the east all year they play some west teams too and if it was so damn easy to shut down teams from the east than how come indiana didnt hold oppenents under 60 point for so many consecutive games that got an awesome defense and they play "crap" teams from the east....

the pistons proved they have a better D last game the spurs never cause the lakers too play that poorly

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:02 PM
Linkalicious

the Lakers bench shot 16% in game 1. Call that good defense all you want...i'll call it poor shooting. Only because they won't shoot that bad for the rest of the series. I can understand forcing 30-35% from the field....but 16% is just poor shooting.

Series tied.

Los Angeles Baby Los Angeles!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:18 PM