KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Pokemon : anime or not?

Pokemon : anime or not?
Started by: .hack//love

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
[email protected]
The Huntress

The Pokemon game is allright, but it's not a very good series

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:40 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I don't know... the first series was alright it's just after that they screwed up considerbly

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:37 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[email protected]
The Huntress

i must admit the first series wasnt too bad, but i didnt enjoy it. after that the story line got screwed up smoething wicked and suddenly theres like 200 more pokemon

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 06:22 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

There are seven seasons and like 360 episodes.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 09:15 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

i used to like the old series like the first ones but to be honest i would probably watch the new pokemon if it came on tv its just i havnt seen it on TV for ages. and i like all of the games ive just got the new game for the gamecube pokemon coliseum

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:32 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

fair enough.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 12:26 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Girl Sheryu
Punk Girl

techniclay pokemon is anime bu the show sucks

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:02 PM
Cat Girl Sheryu is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Girl Sheryu a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Girl Sheryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I hate pokemon..... just wanna say that for the like 50th time..... i never watched and never will big grin

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:13 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Girl Sheryu
Punk Girl

lol *agrees*

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:40 AM
Cat Girl Sheryu is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Girl Sheryu a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Girl Sheryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
animeelf
weeeeeee

some kid was just complaining about this to Animerica. and i agree with the magazine. it IS an anime. i mean, it WAS created in japan, which technically makes it anime.... even though to the japanese, any kind of cartoon is anime to them.

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:44 PM
animeelf is currently offline Click here to Send animeelf a Private Message Find more posts by animeelf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well in this case is Bugs Bunny Anime to the Japanese??? I hope not (Evey though Bugs is cool.)

As for Pokemon, they should have been cancle long ago, I guess in some ways there like Buffy or Xena, or Baywatch. All these shows are bad, and all of them lasted one season to long lol. Yes even they need to be pull off the air.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:53 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megan77373

yeah it might be an anime bu ti think it is the lowest form. not to mention the stupid plot. u need about 2 brain neurons to understand it. 1 to think of each word and the other to put them in2 a sentence. well i guess u would need a third to understand the sentence that u have just put 2gether. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 1st, 2005 10:35 PM
megan77373 is currently offline Click here to Send megan77373 a Private Message Find more posts by megan77373 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Spamming or what!?!?! Like a few months from a year!!!

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 10:55 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Pokemon is an anime by every term. A cartoon, and from Japan.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:23 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

1) Pokemon is japanese animation. Therefore it is anime.
2) Saying Pokemon is a bad show is like saying Blue's Clues is a bad show. If it gets the kids to SHUT THE HELL UP for half an hour, then it's a good show.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:45 AM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

It's an Anime. They even have pokemon Manga's for crying out loud.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:42 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nekrasova

I watched pokemon when it just came on tv screen, which was a long time ago. I dont know how would I react now. But anyway I think it is pretty good and can be called an animation. And it is drawn the way Japanese manga is drawn. So...

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 05:59 PM
nekrasova is currently offline Click here to Send nekrasova a Private Message Find more posts by nekrasova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

anime...
it came from japan

Happy Halloween

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 08:24 PM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

Haha, yep. Pokemon is an anime. I don't see where the confusion is here. It came from Japan...right? *grin* Explains it all.

And I will admit that I was an avid PKM lover a few years back (Several...like 5..). I owned the games, collected the cards, and watched the show religiously. Once they came out with the new PKM though, I gave up. 150 was enough, add another 100 and I was overwhelmed.

I'd put it in the same catagory as a lot of the animes you see on tv now days (Excluding Adult swim or otherwise...). Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Monster Rancher (I remember this one! But the question is...was that anime?)..etc. Saturday morning cartoons explains it all right? Kids shows! Anime is anime, no matter who it is aimed for! smile

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 10:30 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nekrasova

I thinl I still have my Pokemon card game Deck. Mine was based om the Fire/fighitng but there are a lot of new cards, that I have not seen yet. I had one game with a guy who has a deck of the new cards, I won him anyway

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:26 PM
nekrasova is currently offline Click here to Send nekrasova a Private Message Find more posts by nekrasova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote