KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The OFFICIAL 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread

The OFFICIAL 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread
Started by: DemonicGambit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elondra
Punk Princess

quote:
Originally posted by celestial_moon
lol u 4got who viktor was?!

yeah I forgot his name embarrasment

I read OOtP last year and the others 2 years ago. i don't really have a good memory.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2004 02:43 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

ok lol

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:14 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muntox

no, i didn't think he was a tim hunter ripoff. i just wondered if anyone thought so (having heard as much). seems to me they're both extracted from the precepts of historical magic lore: primarily druidic on hunter's side, whilst potter contains elements from a wide range of cultural legend and mythology.
so clearly my question was fishing for a bite so i could point out that very little in either story is in fact an original cultural concept, ie they're both 'ripoffs' (not meant in a bad way) of things quite ancient.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:18 AM
muntox is currently offline Click here to Send muntox a Private Message Find more posts by muntox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muntox

a proper question then:

why are some ghosts ghosts while other people simply shuffle away when they die?
and will the ghosts of hogwarts ever be able to finally rest in peace?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:19 AM
muntox is currently offline Click here to Send muntox a Private Message Find more posts by muntox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

that isnt technically a ripoff, it's considered using such facts from ancient times.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:20 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muntox

i know it's not 'technically' a ripoff; (although what contsitutes a technical ripoff? is it not a slang term).
anyway, i was obviously using it poetically.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:55 AM
celestial_moon
celes

ok, well most ppl tend 2 think ripoff means ripoff. and ur right, it isnt technically. it's not a ripoff.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:58 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by celestial_moon
[B]the alpha: he is. it was the name he used while in school. it was also his father's name.

Then this means he is a hell younger than Dumbledore while he is more powerful than Dumbledore. This also tells us that Hagrid is only 3 or 4 years younger than Voldemort.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:58 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Re: a proper question then:

quote:
Originally posted by muntox
why are some ghosts ghosts while other people simply shuffle away when they die?
and will the ghosts of hogwarts ever be able to finally rest in peace?

well, jk says that you have to have a burning desire to be a ghost - eg the traditional unfinished business! Or. like Nearly Headless Nick, who says he is too afraid of death to leave.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 09:24 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I have a question:
In the Prisioner of Azkaban, Harry and Hermione go up against a lot dementors in the end and Harry blanks out. They use the Time Turner to go back in time, and at first, Harry thinks that he sees his dad saving him, but with a closer look he realizes that he is watching himself. How come Harry didn't remember this?? And does Harry possess great powers that he doesn't know about??

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:27 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iceman22
You Talkin' To Me?

Like you said rogue, he uses a timeturner, for that he wouldn't remember it, because the "future " Harry conducts the Patronus Charm without beiing seen by his earlier counterpart.
He probably does have great powers, but the source of his powers is his believe. If he does believe he can do something, he probably can.
Don't ask me how i know this, because i don't have any legitimid proove.
It's rather a hunch.

"Each day we will spill their blood, til it rains down from the skies.Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." - Boondock Saints

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:23 AM
Iceman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Iceman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Iceman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iceman22
You Talkin' To Me?

I also have a question:
Do any of you guys (and girls) know any good fan fiction of Harry Potter that are complete.
I m waiting for anticipation for the 6th "official" book, but since that's gonna take a while, i like to read some fic's.
I would be very pleased if either one of you could give me some help.
PS: already took a look at schnoogle, fan fiction and sugarquill and read the best, so looking for others. PLEASE HELP!

"Each day we will spill their blood, til it rains down from the skies.Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." - Boondock Saints

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:29 AM
Iceman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Iceman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Iceman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

well it depnds. do u ship any1? check some shipping sites then. they mostly have fanfics involving their couple.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:49 AM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

yeah, I don't know how many Hermione and Ron sites, or Harry and Ron.

You might want to type, Harry Potter Fan Fiction, at google or aol.search.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 02:50 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iceman22
You Talkin' To Me?

Been there, done that.
But thanks anyway and celestial: i like a romance in a story but not that kinda thing that goes only about the relationship, if you know what i mean. I m searching for a kinda fic like "Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent" or "Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero", those wore excellent ( although the sword of the hero isn't complete yet). Dunno if you guys ever read them, but those were great and I m kinda looking for those like them.
But really thanks for trying to help, really appreciate it. Thanks a million and zillion times big grin

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:45 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Iceman22
I also have a question:
Do any of you guys (and girls) know any good fan fiction of Harry Potter that are complete.
I m waiting for anticipation for the 6th "official" book, but since that's gonna take a while, i like to read some fic's.
I would be very pleased if either one of you could give me some help.
PS: already took a look at schnoogle, fan fiction and sugarquill and read the best, so looking for others. PLEASE HELP!

HP Fanfiction - Our Recommendations

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 11:06 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILoveTomFelton
Evil Beyond Repair

Hello Phoenix. i am doing what you told me to do....... is tom going to be in the next movie or not?

"Ahh Ahh The spiders..... There making me tap dance... i dont want to tap dance harry i dont want to tap dance"
"you tell those spiders ron"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:16 PM
ILoveTomFelton is currently offline Click here to Send ILoveTomFelton a Private Message Find more posts by ILoveTomFelton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

quote:
Originally posted by ILoveTomFelton
Hello Phoenix. i am doing what you told me to do....... is tom going to be in the next movie or not?

If you mean the 4th movie...yes he is going to be in it yes

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:28 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mads Davidsen

......yearhhh riiight, ask Hermione.....she wouldn't answer......she has other things to do.......and don't you mean ask Emma Watson?......
.....but i'm new here as you maybe can see.......

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 07:19 PM
Mads Davidsen is currently offline Click here to Send Mads Davidsen a Private Message Find more posts by Mads Davidsen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

quote:
Originally posted by Mads Davidsen
......yearhhh riiight, ask Hermione.....she wouldn't answer......she has other things to do.......and don't you mean ask Emma Watson?......
.....but i'm new here as you maybe can see.......

Yes I can see that you are new. Soooooooooo obvious.

Why would we wanna name it ask Emma Watson. Hermione is smart. Emma is not.

And this is a Harry Potter forum not an Emma Watson forum.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 07:55 PM