KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Pistios or L.A.

Who will take it all?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Pistions 13 68.42%
Lakers 5 26.32%
Don't care 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pistios or L.A.
Started by: DaRk Lotus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

what? are you saying he only wins defensive player of the year coz he's smaller than other centers...i'm sure its got nothin to do with him averaging like 5 blocks and 15 rebounds a game and thats just in the post season alone.....so what if he's only gaurded shaq 2x this year whats that gotta do with anything, they split the series...i mentioed the curling just to show how strong he is, if your gonna want to contain shaq your gonna need strength and thats exaclty what big ben has

the thing about rasheed is that he plays just as dirty as karl..so those elbows arent gonna throw rasheed off his game coz he'll just throw his right back

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 04:23 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

yah but just like with Hamilton and Artest....it's not usually the guy who starts it, but the guy who retaliates that gets the Technical.

As for Wallace....He just isn't big enough to guard Shaq. Strength is one thing....sheer size is another. Having to double team Shaq throws off anyones "dominant" defense.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:25 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Shaq has trouble with the smaller centers anyway. He is so big the when he posts up and pushes back, he throws the smaller center to the ground, usually getting called for the offensive foul.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:30 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

regular season....yes

post season....hasn't been seen yet. Shaq's offensive fouls count has been wayyyy down since the begining of the playoffs.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:38 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Well, in any case, this is going to be a good series.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 09:52 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yea but look at the people who guarded shaq....yao, nestorvic, irvin johnson, and madsen....all not exactly known for there defense excpet maybe madsen but you cant compare b wallace and madsen....well you can try if you want to look like a fool

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 09:58 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

I think putting Ben Wallace on Shaq would be a bad decision...sort of. If you leave him on Karl Malone, then he's free to come and help double, he gets to crash the boards, and he can pick up some blocks against Shaq if he comes from the help side.

It'll be a really good series, but I don't think Detroit is as good as San Antonio...and LA beat them.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 12:31 AM
wuTa

yup thats what everyone is saying....detriot aint as good as minnesota, detriot at as good as san antonio, detriot is in the east, blah blah blah i just wish the series would start already so detriot could shut these people up (or shut me up, could go either way)

as for as guarding shaq i'm expecting to see the wallace boys rotate

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:14 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Rasheed's always played well against Malone but he's also been known for not stepping up when needed. The Pistons have Big Ben, Campbell (size), and Okur to through at Shaq which is better than what other teams have had against the Lakers. However, the matchup problem I see is between Kobe and Rip. Both of their offenses tire their opponents. So 'if' they wear each other down, the Lakers can survive without Kobe scoring, but the Pistons are screwed if Rip is tired.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:54 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Btw: Here is to good hopes.

Attachment: pistons.jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:55 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i dont see rip guarding kobe... i think LB will put Prince on him...Prince is a very underrated defensive player...last year when the pistons were down 3-1 against the magic they put Prince on mcgrady and he shut him down pretty good....mcrgrady still played good but he didnt play like mcgrady

i saw that pic in the OTF....its a masterpiece yes

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 03:25 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Prince is a good defender. That might be a good idea.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:22 AM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

for the love of god GO PISTONS!!!!!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 04:01 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

whatever the result is. I just gotta. say, i love you pistons fans. Sticking by your team is freaking sweet, and you guys would do the Pistons organization proud.

Enough shit talking and analysis until after the game....which i'm sure will be quite a doosey.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 05:58 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I like Pistons but I'm more of an Anti-Laker than a Piston fan... soooo.... GO PISTONS!

Btw: I like to analyse before and after. sad

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:25 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
whatever the result is. I just gotta. say, i love you pistons fans. Sticking by your team is freaking sweet, and you guys would do the Pistons organization proud.

its hard to believe that would be coming from a laker fan..if more laker fans were like this they probly wouldnt be hated as much

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:44 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Oh man, the game's today. i can't wait.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:45 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Big game tonight. I'm pulling for LA since they've always been my fav.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 10:56 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
its hard to believe that would be coming from a laker fan..if more laker fans were like this they probly wouldnt be hated as much

Exactly.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 11:29 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i was a NJ Nets fan and you would think i'd go against the pistons but my hate for the Lakers is to great, tonight i will give all my cheer and love of what i had for NJ for detriot, GO PISTONS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 11:44 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote