KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Pistios or L.A.

Who will take it all?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Pistions 13 68.42%
Lakers 5 26.32%
Don't care 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pistios or L.A.
Started by: DaRk Lotus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

F*ck yea i've been thinkin that! big grin.....If Detrioit can get the D goin and get some big points from billups, rip, and sheed, than the lakers are in deep shit and i'm gonne very very happy Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:05 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

Dam you took the words right out of my mouth wuTa smile

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 06:37 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

butttt....

I also am of the belief that if the Lakers win by ANY significant margin tonight. Then they are going to take 2 of 3 away from Detroit at home.
I know you don't wanna hear it or believe but.....hey I'm still a Laker fan. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 09:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Game 1 got me excited. I hope they bring their D game tonight.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 09:29 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i just hope Phil can find some sort of weak spot in Detroits game that can be exploited.

Relying on Kobe to throw up 40 points is gonna make for a very very long summer...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 09:34 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
butttt....

I also am of the belief that if the Lakers win by ANY significant margin tonight. Then they are going to take 2 of 3 away from Detroit at home.
I know you don't wanna hear it or believe but.....hey I'm still a Laker fan. embarrasment

True, but i havent seen many teams blow out Detroit, other than teams with amazing offense that starts with great defense, New Jersey is one. The Lakers dont respect any team, and that will be their downfall. their lack of defense comes from their arrogance.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 10:01 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Who's Detroit even played this year in the playoffs? Every team in the East this year has been a joke. NJ would be sweept by LA just like in the past and something similar would happen to Indiana.

Unlike the other teams in the East....Detroit matches up well against the Lakers.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 10:52 PM
wuTa

they palyed indiana who had hte best record in the league.... at the begining of the playoffs i thought indiana had a better chance to make it to the finals but as i soon as i saw detiort come back in the nets series i had no no doubt they were gonna beat the pacers...i'm sick of all this talk about how the west woulda blew by any team in the east besides nobody knows that for sure and now that the pistons have proved that an eastern team has the potentially to win it all people still down play them coz there from the east

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 11:29 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

look at their records from the season. The Lakers , Kings, Spurs, and Grizzlies all had better than 20-7 records against the East. LA never lost to Indiana in the regular season and was something like 25-6 against the East.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 11:51 PM
Linkalicious

Wait...i hold my tongue! I DO recall a loss to Indiana.

Los Angeles lost by 13 points to Indy...at Indy...without Malone. With Malone and in LA the Lakers won by 22.

and their record against the East on the season was 25-5

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 12:22 AM
wuTa

so i guess coz LA didnt have malone indy wouldnt have a chance right? gimme a break...i dont care about that 20-7 stat...some of those eastern teams that the spurs, lakers and grizzly beat werent even contendors...the top teams in the east beat LA, the spurs , and the grizzlies and you can downplay there wins coz LA had some injuries but the best team in the east (detriot) split the serios with the lakers in the season...but not of these season stats dont even matter its what you do in the post season that matters

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 12:53 AM
Linkalicious

too true!

So whatcha drinking tonight WuTa? The Captain n coke are keeping me company while i watch my Lakers beat your Pistons. big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 01:01 AM
wuTa

i'll probly just tip a few beers beer but your gonna neet that coke and captain morgain to ease the pain when this game is over...detriot baby detriot!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 01:13 AM
wuTa

i;m outta beer mad ..but the 1st just ended...pistons couldnt buy a bucket there only down by 2 so hit some shots damn it!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 01:47 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

nnoooo Kobe you bastard

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:01 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Rasheed's 3rd quarter barrage was impressive

Rip Hamilton's is meaner than Reggie with a pick because he can put the ball on the ground.

Ben's late minute toughness made me lose hope for the Lakers....but

Kobe Bryant is the most amazing basketball player I've ever seen.

Great job by Luke Walton...he was the reason the Laker's stayed in it.

Detroit deserved this game....but I couldn't be happier.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:26 AM
wuTa

damn that was a crazy game....lakers barely pulled that out....detriot gave that one to LA.....up 6 with under a minute left with the best D in the league and you cant make a couple stops and you know Kobe is gonna take that 3......the lakers didnt have anyone in double digets besides kobe and shaq again but detriot still stole one game thats all we really needed...i'll tell ya one thing if i was a laker fan i would be pretty worried espicially if malone dont heal up lakers dont have anyone that can guard sheed and malone can only do a good job if he's healthy plus the pistons stole home court

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:34 AM
wuTa

i;m so pissed i cant get that shot outa my head miffed

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:43 AM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

On the Kobe three there was a couple terrible moves and non moves by Brown

1. Why didn't the Pistons have Prince on Kobe instead of Rip. I don't understand this Prince is bigger and has long arms to contest Kobe's shot. Kobe might still make the shot but it wouldve been a tougher shot.
2. UHHH Larry did you know that Shaq and Malone were on the floor, maybe a double team on Kobe might of helped to free up Shaq and Malones amazing three point ability wink .
3. I know coaches don't like to foul, but there was a chance with 5 second Kobe was still dribbling. If you foul it becomes 1 point game but the Lakers wouldn't have a timeout so there would pretty much be a half court heave for the tie or win.

But on the rest of the series, even though Kobe's shot hurt the Pistons mentally this game, but I don't see it carrying over. The Pistons are built on defensive and any lasting thoughts coming over to the next game won't hurt their defense and really I think momentum is overrated. One last thing, as the series goes on I think the Pistons have a better and better shot, because they have pretty much out played the Lakers for two games and with Malones and Fisher's injuries and Payton acting more and more like a baby who needs a pacifier the Lakers will pretty much be reallying on their two stars because I don't know if Luke Walton will give them that kind of game again, but who knows they are the Lakers.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:05 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Thats all I can say.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 10:30 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote