KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Life after death?

Life after death?
Started by: NyC-gUrL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
speiderman

God has plans for all of us.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 02:48 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

NyC-GURL> From a scientific point of view we’re “just” here to procreate and keep the Earth’s atmosphere in low entropy.

Why SHOULD there be a meaning with life?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 10:26 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

because it just seems unimaginable to me that were here for no reason. If its like what you said, and were just here to reproduct and stuff, then why can we think and stuff (and arent just 'there', like plants) that makes me think we must have a purpose of existence (not just to reproduct)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:48 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by NyC-gUrL
because it just seems unimaginable to me that were here for no reason. If its like what you said, and were just here to reproduct and stuff, then why can we think and stuff (and arent just 'there', like plants) that makes me think we must have a purpose of existence (not just to reproduct)

heh.

Would you like to know the meaning of life? I swear it's the simplest thing you could ever think of. I know the answer, and I'll share it with you.

We are here for the sole purpose TO LIVE. That's it. Just live.

"then why can we think and stuff"

Humans just happen to have an intellect many times that of any other animal. We also have a frontal lobe, something no other animal has, It's what makes us different from animals. We "think and stuff" because we are INTELLIGENT. Animals do not have the capacity for self-conciousness like we do. That "we must have a purpose of existence" way of thinking has been around since man learned to write. It's what makes us think there is a god, it's what makes us think that aliens must have visited our planet. Humans NEED answers, and when they can't find a logical answer for an unanswerable question, they make shit up.

People who "find religion" really need to study science first. Mainly psychology, biology, and history.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 08:42 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

says the omniscient arachnoid freak roll eyes (sarcastic)

My first twenty years have been so dismal that I feel owed something alot better. I'm just here to cash in.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:40 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Hey if you want to label me omnicient, that's your decision. I never said I was.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:44 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

I believe theres a place to reward peole and also to punish the wicked

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:51 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I get rewarded at contests and punished in a jail cell.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:54 PM
~Angel~
??Or am I??

I believe there is something after this life. I know that those who have "crossed over" are able to contact us through dreams, but it must not be for long, as if it is their chance to say goodbye. My mom was sleeping when my grandpa passed away, and she said it was all black around him, and that was it. He came towards her, and said "I have to go now, goodbye."
I also had a dream of my grandma after she died. It was the same, come to think of it. She stood in darkness, and told me "Don't worry about me, just go have fun." I was just a little kid at the time, so I suppose she didn't want me to become depressed over her death. I also knew the phone would ring about 10 seconds before it did, and that it would be the hospital telling us of her passing. Her best friend's clock stopped the exact time she died too.

So, I do believe in something after this life. I never used to be as religious as I am now, but since I have been praying, He has answered my prayers. Sometimes it is not exactly what I had in mind, but He always does. Now, I believe in Heaven more than ever.

We are not merely worm food.

And the purpose of all of us on this earth is not just to live. It is to love.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 06:23 AM
~Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I mean, such Justice is invented by humans, and it's impossible. I believe that once you die (after your body is disposed of), you become a part of nature. Just like it's been said before, we become 'worm food' and slowly dissapear.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 10:21 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

good people go heaven and bad people go to hell thats how it is

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:34 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by NyC-gUrL
I think there must be something after this life, since we dont really have a purpose here. There has to be more, if there isnt...I'll cry sad

There is hun, it's Heaven or Hell, we have the choice right now to determine that. smile

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 11:45 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

In my religion, some people "live" after death in a sort of "Eden"-or in Hell. evil face

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:19 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I don't think there is an after life, atleast not as most ppl see it (I won't expand on it). Heaven and Hell do not exist they are both invented by ppl to give ppl something to look forward to (heaven) and as far as I can remember there is very little speech of Hell in the gospels. I also heard a few lectures at uni from professors who consider Hell(as ppl know it now) to be an idea made up by the catholic church at the start of the middle ages, for obvious reasons.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Last edited by Fire on Aug 22nd, 2004 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:25 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well....if that's what you believe.
Prob. true.

But it is a good thing for my "religion"-it's very-erm-depressing?
Yes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:31 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

mano what do you mean with those last two lines? smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Why SHOULD there be a meaning with life?

"The meaning of life is there is none"

(from a song of the bloodhound gang)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 07:38 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
I don't think there is an after life, atleast not as most ppl see it (I won't expand on it). Heaven and Hell do not exist they are both invented by ppl to give ppl something to look forward to (heaven) and as far as I can remember there is very little speech of Hell in the gospels. I also heard a few lectures at uni from professors who consider Hell(as ppl know it now) to be an idea made up by the catholic church at the start of the middle ages, for obvious reasons.

wink How many times in the gospels is very little to you? The reason i'm asking is cuz in Matthew alone it's mentioned 9 times. I didn't even get out of the 1st book in the New testiment. Matt: 5:22, 5:29, 5:30, 10:28, 11:23, 16:18, 18:19, 23:15, 23:33 to me thats alot especially just out of the 1st book in the NT, but maybe it's not to you. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 08:24 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I said as far as I can remember, last time I took a bible to hand was like 6 years ago and then it was for a religion exam.

seems I have been mistaken then, my bad.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 08:29 PM
Fiery Eyes

No problem, was just curious about it.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 08:47 PM