KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Life after death?

Life after death?
Started by: NyC-gUrL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

Still the lectures from my professors about the origin of hell were very interesting.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 08:51 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

Really? what was his thoughts on hell?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2004 09:00 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I'm afraid that Hell is largely invented as a means of intimidation. Whilst a higher power is plausible enough, the existence of Hell must be very dubious.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 01:45 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

don't agree there shaber

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 08:56 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
mano what do you mean with those last two lines? smile

I meant that my religion is very depressing, since it talks about Armaggedon alot. wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:00 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I also heard a few lectures at uni from professors who consider Hell(as ppl know it now) to be an idea made up by the catholic church at the start of the middle ages, for obvious reasons.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:05 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Manôkhâu
I meant that my religion is very depressing, since it talks about Armaggedon alot. wink

What is your religion? Yes, the Armaggedon is depressing. sad

Fire

Lol Mano
my religion doesn't believe in any of that stuff

The Rover

FE, all I did was talk about it for two weeks.
No more.

And Fire, I can see why.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:06 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I doubt there will ever be an apocalypse

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:08 PM
Fiery Eyes

so many diff peeps hard to keep up w/everyone and what they believe in smile Toooo many post smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:08 PM
The Rover

stick out tongue
Perhaps.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:13 PM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah i think with all of my heart there is an after life

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 04:14 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

i hope there's an afterlife to a point, but then ur existence just ends

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:46 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I believe in life after death. I believe a heaven and a hell exist. Even so if you are not religous. As a crude breakdown from einstiens studies. Energy is constant,ever changing and cannot be destryoed.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 09:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I support re-incarnation. It seems to make the most sense from all the theories ive heard. But there is no where near enough evidence to back any theory really.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 01:06 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

I don't know if there is a life after death, but even if there is our lives are still 'meaningless' in a sense. Whether we die and disappear into nothingness or spend all eternity floating around in heaven/hell we really have no purpose in existence other than what we make ourselves. We exist, only to exist either way. Hope that's not too confusing but I seem to get it. I used to like the idea of reincarnation too vvvrulz, but as you say, it's just wishful thinking without evidence. I think that the best way to live, is to just live life as it presents itself. If all you do in this life is prepare for another life then you aren't really living in a sense. At least that's what I think at the moment. Live this life as if there is no afterlife. That doesn't mean rape someone, rob a bank, take drugs and go out in a blaze of glory. Just enjoy the life you have rather than focusing on a life you hope for. wink

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:19 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

^I agree, you should live life to its fullest. But reincarnation wouldnt make this life meaningless, this life could determine what you become in your next life. But then again thats just another theory.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 10:49 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Yes. But even if reincarnation is true, your life is still meaningless. Your life now is only a stepping stone to your next, then the next, then the next and so on. It's kind of confusing. But who says your life has to have some grand universal purpose to simply enjoy it? happy

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:28 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotarija
Lone Soul

u live until u reach perfection within the soul, and if u have a life, and do not reach perfect and purity, u go back and live life once again until u do, after death u go to the otherside and prepare for your next life, studying it and the friends u have in life right now, u agreed with them in the otherside to be friends with them, and like daja vous, its a reminder of the otherside when u planed it to happen, thats why u remember it, i was told its like a reminder, a kinda pat on the back to say that life is going how it should for ya happy, so if u get daja vous alot, then your doing alot and remembering what u prepared in the otherside, (otherside being heaven if u will, a place where u go after death) happy

Flith, ChickenMeat, Roulette, Mystifier, Raven Guardia

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 09:53 AM
Kotarija is currently offline Click here to Send Kotarija a Private Message Find more posts by Kotarija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote