KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation

Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation
Started by: SecretUser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:51 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I read for the cast Kyle Reese is in it as a young kid

seems like they got that idea from the Terminator 2: Infinity comics.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 08:10 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Whoa, cool trailer!

I especially like the way Connor / Bale says:

"...But this is not the future my mother warned me about...And in this future...I don't know if we can win this war."

Makes it seem like the "future is not set" again.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 07:00 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Click here to read the latest on Terminator Salvation and what was said and shown at Comic Con over the weekend. Also check out the photos of the T-600. Enjoy!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 07:28 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Taken from BBC:

Comic fans get Terminator preview

Thousands of fans have had a sneak preview of the new Terminator film at a comics convention in California.

A brief clip from Terminator Salvation, the fourth film in the franchise, was screened at the Comic-Con event in San Diego by director McG.

James Cameron, who directed the first two Terminators, and special effects maestro Stan Winston - who died in June - both had a hand in the film, he said.

The new film - which stars Batman actor Christian Bale - is released in May.

Set in 2018, the dark and apocalyptic film explores "what the world is like after a nuclear holocaust", McG said.

"We wanted everything to feel like giant Soviet tanks crushing all comers."

Terminator mythology

The clip shown on Saturday was filled with explosions, tanks, gas masks, guns and crushed skulls.

Stan Winston, whose special effects work on Terminator 2: Judgment Day won him two Oscars, recorded a cameo appearance in the film, McG added.

"He wrestles one of the hydrobots," he said.

The last Terminator film, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800 robot - was released in 2003 and earned $150.4m in the US.

Months later, Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California. Asked if he would feature in the new film, McG said: "The T-800 model indeed is part of the mythology of Terminator."

But he admitted Warner Bros had been behind various online rumours about the film.

"We release, like everyone else, misinformation campaigns," he said.

"One of the joys of going to the movies is not knowing what's going to happen."

McG - born Joseph McGinty Nichol - became known as a music video director and went on to direct the two Charlie's Angels films in 2000 and 2003.

Good to see all this news and information, at last!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 07:47 AM
U Neek
Mr

Whoa, thanks for the information mate. I couldn't find the pictures of the T-600 but then I wasn't looking hard enough. Will have a look at that link thoroughly later on.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 07:09 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

"The Terminator" will be back next summer, but the original killer robot, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, is a bit puzzled by this new model, at least so far.

"I still don't know how it will play out with this one," said the star-turned-politician, who said he was given a private screening of early footage from "Terminator Salvation" by producers of the franchise reboot directed by McG. "They showed me some footage, but I don't have a feel for the movie. I didn't see enough. I wasn't sure who the Terminator was. I don't know if there is one or if he's the star or the hero. These are the things that determine the success and how the strong the movie will be."

This will be the fourth of the "Terminator" films but the first without the Austrian-born muscleman who became a international film icon in the role of an assassination machine with cool sunglasses and a deadpan delivery. "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" in 2003 was Schwarzenegger's last starring role before he gave up Hollywood for Sacramento.

Schwarzenegger loves to talk Hollywood, and on Friday afternoon he chatted about his favorite recent movies -- he absolutely loved "Wanted," for instance, and he says Will Ferrell movies are so funny that he's getting "a six-pack" of abs from all the laughing -- and he addressed the tender topic of a new "Terminator" for the first time in any depth.

"Terminator Salvation" is being filmed now in New Mexico and stars Christian Bale (above), who wears the mask of Batman in this summer's history-making hit, "The Dark Knight," which is making a run at "Titanic" for the highest-grossing film ever.

Bale won't be a Terminator robot -- just the opposite, he plays a grown-up John Connor, the leader of the ragged human resistance against machine-men oppressors of the future. "Salvation," directed by the filmmaker McG, will be a prequel to "The Terminator," the landmark 1984 film directed by James Cameron. In 1991, Cameron and Schwarzenegger teamed up again for "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," which not only grossed more than $200 million in U.S. theaters, it became a landmark achievement among special-effects films.

"Salvation" is trying to pay homage to that history even as it charts its own course. McG ("Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle," "We Are Marshall") sought out Cameron's blessing for "Salvation," which is far more bleak, unsettling and savage than the third film in the series, directed by Jonathan Mostow. "Salvation" producers also arranged for the governor to see an early "sizzle reel," a montage of scenes of the sort shown at Comic-Con International last month, where "Salvation" was popular with fans.

Schwarzenegger was polite but cautious on Friday when he was asked if he thought the reel actually had the sort of sizzle he expected.

"I've seen very little footage so I don't really have a feel for it. I hope they do well, and I hope it is a huge hit. I do hope it creates a spectacle on the screen. That is what James Cameron created."

"With Batman and Terminator, those big movies, there's a certain expectation and if you don't live up to it, if the movie is not a 10, then the business will be soft," the governor said. "If ['Salvation'] is pushing it forward, it will be breaking records all the time. If [director McG] has the T4 and the kind of shots that has the audience thinking, 'Now how did he do that?' -- then it is 'Terminator' and you can blow everyone away and every record at the box office."

In 2003, the American Film Institute made a list of the top 50 film heroes ever and a list of the top 50 villains. Schwarzenegger's Terminator is the only character to appear on both lists. The imagery from the films is part of his defining persona, whether it's the nickname "the Governator" or the state employee protests last week in which the politician's name was written on a pink slip along with a slogan saying he was the one deserving job termination.

Will Schwarzenegger be able to watch any new "Terminator" film and not feel a pang of loss?

"No, the same thing happened with bodybuilding. Seven times I won the Mr. Olympia title, a record, no one had done that. Then someone else [South Carolina native Lee Haney] won it eight times. Do I sit and say, 'Darn it, my record is gone' or 'Darn, I'm not up there on stage.' No, because I've moved into other phases of my life. I moved on from bodybuilding into entertainment. Then I moved on from entertainment into a political life. Now this is the most exciting experience of my life. When this movie comes out, I won't be sitting there saying, 'Why can't I do that?' I hope it makes a lot of money and is very successful."

Read the full article by the Los Angeles Times here.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 07:35 AM
alic88
Barzakh

Its just so amazing how years pass by. I was reading the first page of this thread and it was way back in July 2003 and I truly had no idea whether T4 would ever be made because of the mediocrity of T3.

Even though I hate Halcyon and I think that the franchise is not in the safest of hands with them, I am just thankful to them for producing a fourth T movie. I really really hope it turns out to be good.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:05 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Me too, I really can't wait for the promotion side to get into gear. I lost count the amount of times I watched that second T3 trailer!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 12:21 PM
Kovacs86

I'm sure everyone's seen this already, but I really hope this isn't true: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36947

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 05:38 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Things must be looking good...

Halcyon Co. executives Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise with Terminator Salvation director McG, reports Variety.

The trade says the news came out of the Dubai International Film Festival. McG was in Dubai for the announcement.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.

Christian Bale has signed on in the role of John Connor for all three films in the newly planned trilogy. The next installment, after Terminator Salvation, is tentatively scheduled for a 2011 release.

Anderson and Kubicek had originally planned to wait until the release of Terminator Salvation next summer before deciding on whether to proceed with the next chapter, but the positive studio, fan and media reaction to footage from the current film has encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule.

"We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Kubicek said.

original source: Variety

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 08:42 AM
barand1

One of my favourite sources Filmstalker believes that he may have cracked the story of Terminator Salvation. I think he might be right, but him and I only assume. This is his conclusion so far with the pieces of puzzles we've read/seen.

"We first heard the rumour about the human-Terminator interaction way back, the idea that the machines are harvesting humans to help create their army of Terminators, and that seems to have been confirmed in the Total Film article about Terminator Salvation, an article that reader Billy brought to my attention - many thanks Billy, bet you didn't think it would be this helpful.

In a little sidebar of the article that talks about the different machines, there's an interesting quote from McG:

"Harvesters collect human beings and rip the stem cells out of them and work on the human being so they can create the Schwarzenegger T-800 model, which was the machines' ultimate infiltration unit."

Now that's rather interesting don't you think? It's confirming that we are going to see that the machines are using humans to make Terminators. It raises the question of whether the early Terminators are going to be human-machine hybrids, and that leads us onto another old rumour.

We worked out some time ago that Sam Worthington's character is going to turn out to be a Terminator, and maybe the first Terminator that shows the ability to make decisions for themselves, maybe he's a human-machine hybrid Terminator whose human side is winning over the machine side and he's wanting to fight on the side of the humans.

Does the film convince us that he's human and then twist it round at the end? Or will we know what he is early on and he turns around his behaviour right at the end? Or is the real surprise the whole human-machine hybrid?

We don't know, and according to the article and McG, we're not meant to, nor are we close.

"Marcus is a totally new idea. He's responsible for Connor's idea that 'I thought I new our enemy and now I know nothing.' He's looking for his identity and it's not clear what he is. Can he be trusted?"

Then he goes onto talk about the ending:

"We've kept everything close to the vest. I want to keep it cloaked. I can tell you this: the T-800 is a major figure. What is the T-800 at its core? How that's expressed is something that I can't speak about. But the film definitely speaks to the coming of the T-800."

Moritz Borman, one of the film's producers, says of the rumours:

"No one has got it right yet"

Of course he would say that wouldn't he? He's not likely to say, "oh yeah, Filmstalker's got it right!".

However that's all pointing to the human-machine hybrid to me, but is that the actual ending? Who knows. Another moment that McG hints at is something we've seen a shot of in the trailer, and a moment I grabbed a shot of when writing about the new trailer, the moment when Connor walks into the factory where they are making the new Terminators."

What do you guys think? Is he on to something? It does make sense. Interesting theory nevertheless.

Full post here

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 08:47 AM
barand1

Terminator Salvation director McG has admitted that the franchise's creator James Cameron has refused to endorse his blockbuster.

McG revelaed that Cameron, who wrote and directed the first two films in the sci-fi series, declined to offer his support to the Christian Bale-led movie when they met.

"I didn't want to feel like the guy who gave birth to the Terminator is against what we're doing, so I go to see James Cameron to kiss the ring and tell him what I was trying to do," Wired quotes him as saying.

"He's cordial but says, 'I'm not going to endorse your movie. I reserve the right to hate it. But I wish you well, and if you're going to make a Terminator, I'd prefer you make a good one to a bad one'.'"

Source: Digitalspy.co.uk

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 10:14 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well ... it is Jim's baby, I suppose. He certainly does "reserve the right to hate it" ... but that (hopefully) doesn't necessarily mean that he will smile .

If I recall, did he not say once that he thought "T3" was actually quite good?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 10:16 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Well ... it is Jim's baby, I suppose. He certainly does "reserve the right to hate it" ... but that (hopefully) doesn't necessarily mean that he will smile .

If I recall, did he not say once that he thought "T3" was actually quite good?

Yes I recall the same. He said something along the lines of that he liked what they did with it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 11:13 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Shocked Linda Hamilton In Negotiations To Appear In T4!

Hey guys.

I don't know if you've heard about this, but it's certainly big news to me! Linda Hamilton has confirmed recent speculation (which I evidently hadn't heard about!) that she is in negotiations to appear as Sarah Connor in "Terminator: Salvation" eek! ! The filmmakers have asked Hamilton to provide a voiceover for the upcoming film, and - to my complete amazement - she is quoted as saying that, depending on the (as yet unwritten) material they give her, she "would probably be very happy to loan [her] voice" big grin !

Hamilton was, of course, absent in "T3". In retrospect, however, whilst I was (of course) initially very disappointed to hear that Sarah would not be featured in that film, I agree with Hamilton that the direction that the filmmakers wanted to go in wouldn't really have given her much to do. As it stands, "T3" neatly shifted the focus from Sarah to John Connor, which was perhaps necessary ahead of the heavily John centric upcoming trilogy of films; Sarah's absence in the previous film also gave more room for the development of Kate Brewster's character; having her appear alongside Sarah in "T3" would perhaps have been unwise, since both of them are meant to be strong female characters - Kate would inevitably have been unfavourably compared with her future mother-in-law.

I do, however, love the idea of Hamilton providing a voiceover for "T4" that would smoothly bridge the gap between the "old" trilogy and the "new" one. Now all we need is that rumoured Arnold cameo, and we'll be all set big grin .

What do the rest of you guys think about this news? If you're interested, you can check out the full story here (in which Hamilton also explains why she turned down "T3"): http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...s-t4-talks.html

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 12:48 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

so i was just wondering, is this movie a prequel to the first terminator or is this gonna take place after terminator 3??

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 12:47 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

The events of the movie happen a few years after Terminator 3.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 08:49 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Yes - in 2018, to be precise (although, technically, that does make the film a prequel to the future scenes depicted in "T1").

Is no one going to comment on the news about Linda Hamilton appearing in "T4"?! Perhaps this was just news to me, then, and no one else stick out tongue .

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 12:52 AM
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Is no one going to comment on the news about Linda Hamilton appearing in "T4"?! Perhaps this was just news to me, then, and no one else stick out tongue .

Oh, sorry stick out tongue

Hamilton wouldn't be appearing in it as such, only narrative (and possible photo of Sarah that John carries with him, if shown). I hope she does agree to narrarate the movie as it'll be a nice touch and will definitely make the fans happy. I read somewhere that she's talking to McG and co, negotiating it all. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think it will be kept secret until release. Here's hoping anyway.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 11:14 AM