KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation

Terminator 4: News, Rumors, and Speculation
Started by: SecretUser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I dunno - sounds rather like a helpful TX to me...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 01:10 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

How bout a war movie without the typical Termintor going after John Conner.

We all know how the war started from dialogue..but would it be pretty cool if it showed the machine war itself? like they did in Terminator 1 and 2??

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 04:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

What you're describing is the premise of Terminator Four!

And please - try to remain on topic: this thread is about the terminator in the new film...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 11:14 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Would there really be any logic in seeing a fourth Terminator model that, on paper, appears to be a more advanced model than any of the previous Terminators we have seen?

I think it would be far more logical (and interesting) to see the growth of Skynet and what kind of form Skynet takes in terms of "hardware" (e.g. will it be contained in a metal endoskeleton or within a PC that sits on a desktop that runs off Windows XP?)

Enough of all these different Terminator models. It's finally time to see what the dude itself (Skynet) looks like, and how it creates/controls the bad ass army of cyborgs that try to eradicate mankind!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 11:55 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I think it's already been established in T3 that skynet has no particular "housing" system - it resides within all computer systems all over the world...

But I'd still like to see a new terminator model as well...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 03:13 PM
Zero The Hero

I don;t think there will be a new one. Best guess maybe a whole army of endo T-800s or other models of the T-800. Or maybe they can create the head of Arnold by computer.

Because when the T-X went through time, Connor was already dead, but they had won the war. (they were close to victory in 2029 already). T-X was the most advanced (but I found T-1000 more efficient), but Skynet was down, so how can there be a more advanced Terminator?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 08:00 PM
Zero The Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Zero The Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Zero The Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess i misunderstood Terminator the movie with the actual Terminator.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 07:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Samas-adian - Don't worry about it! So - do you have any thoughts on a new Terminator model?

Zero - I hope to see both an army of T-800's PLUS a new model. After all, many people used your logical argument about skynet being defeated in 2029 to explain why there couldn't possibly be a model to follow the T-1000! But there was! So anything's possible...

But Arnie's head computerised? Erm, no. Just... no.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 09:17 PM
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
A terminator with camouflage technology, and the ability to convert into gaseous and energy form...

Quite right too - and it should also be able to read minds.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 03:45 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

How could it do that {using scientific means, mind}?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 04:52 PM
speiderman

What if the fourth terminator is a dead tree? big grin

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 11:47 PM
speiderman is currently offline Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well...

That's, erm... interesting...

I'm just going over, uh, here...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 12:40 PM
U Neek
Mr

Errm...Can I come with...?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 07:51 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Okay, the third Terminator should have been a refinement of the T-1000 technology ie, a liquid metal creature that is more intelligent and can morph faster and to a greater extent. The T-1000 did that cool thing at one point in the helicopter where it sprouted an additional pair of arms cool but it was unable to gain eight limbs and move like a spider.

That would have bridged the gap to my blueprint for the fourth which can convert to a vaporous form and can interpret brainwaves.

Arnold - it is possible to read someones mind to a certain extent using no technology, all that is required is to know them well and have an extensive knowledge of body language.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 02:15 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Shaber - A vapor, huh? That's a cool idea. I'm not sure about that "multiple arm" feature though...

And I see what you're saying about reading a person's mind - but surely body language can only tell you so much? And this new terminator will probably not have an extensive knowledge of many people...

Oh, and it's "Ahnold", not "Arnold", thank you very much!

Old Post May 1st, 2004 03:29 PM
shaber
schizoid

Skynet advanced so far in the eleven years from when it built the T-400s (oh please!) to when it manufactured the T-1000s cool Surely it would soon be able to programme a very wide knowledge of different human temperaments into a terminator so that it can decide whether they're the sort of person to eg move their legs in a sexual/aggressive/defensive manner?

And what precisely is wrong with the multiple limbs faculty? miffed It would be able to move much faster as a result. An improvement on the T-1000 would be a liquidine creature that can move with greater fluidity.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:18 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But interpreting body language is surely not the same as actual telepathy...

And about the multiple leg idea - I'm just not sure. I mean, a "Spider-Man" Terminator? It might look a bit... well... silly...

Old Post May 1st, 2004 08:47 PM
U Neek
Mr

Since we're talking about a new Terminator model...

A Terminator that can burn/melt things simply by touching them with its hands would be kinda cool. Like not everything the Terminator touches would burn, simply things it wants to burn/melt.

And the name for this new model would be T-GF (Terminator-Guy Fawkes).

Old Post May 4th, 2004 12:19 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Cool idea. But the name? Erm...

Old Post May 4th, 2004 05:04 PM
sandman
There is no Spork

how about the T-1500?

Since the t-1000 was a protype this would be a final versian. the difference b/w t-1000 and the t-1500. the t-1000 was liquid metal that could form simple blade weapons. the T-1500 is liquid metal that would have a set of preprgramed configurations of more complex weapons. such as a plasma cannon and stuff.

why would this be any different that the T-X?
no endo skeliton. and i guess the recovery delay would be fixed.

the only flaw i see is that we, and john would already know how to defeat him.

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 03:30 PM
sandman is currently offline Click here to Send sandman a Private Message Find more posts by sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote