KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Fan Art!

Fan Art!
Started by: MorgulLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fëanor

laughing no use arguing with the lady DC...you can't win

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:34 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Oh, really?

xXLauriëXx vs. (Me)
evil face

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:36 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fëanor
laughing no use arguing with the lady DC...you can't win

want a bet?

Originally posted by DCLXVI
Oh, really?

xXLauriëXx vs. (Me)
evil face

*rolls up sleeves*

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:37 PM
xXLauriëXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXLauriëXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXLauriëXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

*Runs awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:40 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

you big wuss! stick out tongue laughing

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:48 PM
xXLauriëXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXLauriëXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXLauriëXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:49 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

laughing
stick out tongue
wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:54 PM
Exabyte

Originally posted by xXLauriëXx
ooh yeah, exa i have a question for you as well> how do you pronounce Fëanor? I looked in the silmarillion and it says
EA.. are not run together, but constitute two syllables, these combinations are written ëa ... etc...
so surely it's Fee-ah-nor? not Faynor, as he seems to think

Yea, it's a little too hard to describe using the english alphabet... that's generally the problem about english, the language is so advanced and the writing five hundred years behind
I'd describe it as something like Feh-ah-nor, all vowels pronounced like in Italian, or, as we were speaking about French earlier, like F. é (in original french, not in anglicized words like café=[kafey]) / a / o or (e)au The e is not pronounced like 'ee' in 'keep' though, rather like in ... 'end' (just with the corners of the mouth more pointed... nearly like in german 'schnee' or 'gehen') or so confused - I know Im talking nonsense again
Main thing is that they're two independant vowels and they have little in common with the way they're usually used in English o.o --
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Exa> When you search for a word in the Dragon Flame tool, it comes up on the bottom with a tengwar translation.
I used the Black Speech part of the tengwar tool in it to figure out what to type using the Fonts I'd downloaded. (I used the Black Speech version because in a document I had, it said that Sauron had based his tengwar off of the Adûnaic mode, so....plus it showed what the Adûnaic mode would look like, which was vitually the Annatar mode....)

Oooh the online tool... I thought you were speaking about the downloadable book version embarrasment
The interchangeability of Black Speech/Adûnaic modes is a good point though as they are using partially very similar sound structures and especially similar consonant systems; there are even some words in black speech that are obviously borrowed/taken from adûnaic, like zigûr/zigur for 'wizard' and as a name of sauron o.o ok i'm drifting away... what i wanted to say -- 'cool. good work'

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:23 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

Originally posted by Exabyte
Yea, it's a little too hard to describe using the english alphabet... that's generally the problem about english, the language is so advanced and the writing five hundred years behind
I'd describe it as something like Feh-ah-nor, all vowels pronounced like in Italian, or, as we were speaking about French earlier, like F. é (in original french, not in anglicized words like café=[kafey]) / a / o or (e)au The e is not pronounced like 'ee' in 'keep' though, rather like in ... 'end' (just with the corners of the mouth more pointed... nearly like in german 'schnee' or 'gehen') or so confused - I know Im talking nonsense again
Main thing is that they're two independant vowels and they have little in common with the way they're usually used in English o.o --

no no you're not talking nonsense at all.. thanku exa

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:43 PM
Elessea

^^ That was how I thought it was pronounced....stick out tongue Feh Ah Nor.....happy

I win!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:32 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

all right! all right! you can call me anything...just don't call me late for dinner.... stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2005 01:49 PM
xXLauriëXx
Angel

Originally posted by Elessea
^^ That was how I thought it was pronounced....stick out tongue Feh Ah Nor.....happy

I win!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:26 PM
Fëanor

Originally posted by xXLauriëXx
awww.... you can call me whatever you want...big grin

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:31 PM
xXLauriëXx
Angel

anything?!..

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:37 PM
Fëanor

anything....

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:52 PM
xXLauriëXx
Angel

laughing

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:57 PM
Fëanor

obviously you're thinking of a funny...stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:02 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

no expression

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:08 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

laughing out loud hello lg

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:11 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

ello

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:22 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote