KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » How does one become "more well known"?

How does one become "more well known"?
Started by: theez1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theez1

How does one become "more well known"?

How does one become "more well known" so they can post links? Is it a post count or time frame? I can't find reference to it anywhere.

Thanks.

www.ez1productions.com

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 10:30 PM
theez1 is currently offline Click here to Send theez1 a Private Message Find more posts by theez1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I think it's a post count, I'm not sure how many it is or even if it IS post count, because I didn't have to go through it when I first joined erm

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 11:07 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

15 or more posts it is.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 09:17 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

blink i didn't know about it.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 11:21 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just don't post spam when you reach it now wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theez1

I figured it would be 10 when I started, but tried to post something at 13 and it didn't work. I haven't tried since. Thanks for the info.

quote:
just don't post spam when you reach it now

I'll try to resist. stick out tongue

www.ez1productions.com

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:19 PM
theez1 is currently offline Click here to Send theez1 a Private Message Find more posts by theez1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

luckily they allow it in sigs

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:25 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Am i aloud to post a link to my site as long as it isnt the direct link, just like where u can click the word like "Pirates Hangout" and it directs you to it?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:02 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

from the RULES:

quote:
Do not place ANY advertisements on the forums. This will be considered SPAM and could result in the loss of your KMC Community Membership. We generally class SPAM as a website with which the person has a personal interest in, or is not a relevant topic of discussion. You can, however, place links in your signature (excluding forums) as long as it is placed sensibly.

so... only if it's in your sig and not going to a forum

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:41 PM
Kelly_Bean

okay.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:49 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theez1

I think "going to a forum" is the key.
I personally consider spamming to be people posting about a rival site, an off topic site or affiliate type pages, where the poster of the message gains from people clicking on the link. Everyone's definition may be different, so if administrators ever feel posts are beyond their definition, I'd respect that and not do it.

www.ez1productions.com

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:59 PM
yerssot

well, to be frank, your definition of SPAM doesn't matter at all, it is specified here in the rules what is and what is not spam

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 03:53 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

Re: How does one become "more well known"?

quote:
Originally posted by theez1
How does one become "more well known" so they can post links? Is it a post count or time frame? I can't find reference to it anywhere.

Thanks.

You must go to the Naked Pics Thread and add your more embarassing pic.

I am sure you will be well know then no expression

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 03:56 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

lol..thats odd, and wrong.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:08 PM
Locard
barely speaking english

What does this annoying message means?

quote:
"vBulletin Message

Sorry but you are only allowed to post links once you are more well known. This is to deter spammers. Thank you for understanding"

Ok, im not a complete newbie here, i've been registered here since a long time ago, but i've been a lurker most of the time
, now, for the first time, i wanted to colaborate in a respect thread with my scans, and this annoying messsage appeared.

"..once you are more well known"..WTF?

what does that mean? spent a couple of years here being "friends" with lots of people and sending PMs and spread love and hugs? *yawns* join FCs? This is too vague and annoying -_-

It'd be lot better if you specify: you cant post links unless you have 300 posts or something like that.

so.. what means "more well known?"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:27 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You need to make a certain number of posts. Something like 15 or 25 or some other really low number.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:33 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

How does October 2006 translate into years of PMs?

Sock much?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:54 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locard
barely speaking english

oh, so it comes to make posts after all?
im glad to hear that, i was worried that i'd be forced to befriend and be approved by lots of ppl.

they should specify the number of posts required, though

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 05:59 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Locard
im glad to hear that, i was worried that i'd be forced to befriend and be approved by lots of ppl.

That'd be a good way of doing it

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 08:49 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Locard

so people will know they only need to make a few post before they can spam their hearts out?
I THINK NOT!!!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 09:21 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote