KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Oliver Ford Davies

Oliver Ford Davies
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

Oliver Ford Davies

He isn't on the cast list for Episode II, his character isn't mentioned, do you think he will disappear like Panaka? I hope he returns, even though at times he seemed like a traitor.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 10:03 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I hope he does too.But I seriously think he won't.sad

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 10:04 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I doubt he will as well, but I don't like GL's losing cast members plan and having them disappear out of nowhere.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 10:05 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I know.With Panaka he should of made that Hugh guy sign a contract for as many episodes as Lucas wanted.Otherwise he shouldn't be able to play him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 10:07 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Maybe Hugh Quarshie has signed but is telling us the opposite because he has an important role in Ep2. As for Sio Bibble, I didn't like him much.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 07:28 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

What's an Oliver Ford Davies??

Old Post Aug 20th, 2000 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

First of its not a thing. Its a person, Oliver Ford Davies played Sio Bibble in TPM. Sio Bibble for those of you who don't pay attention is the governor of Theed, which is the capital of Naboo. How could you not like him? He did what any normal governor would do, he reported to the queen about the planet's problems, he plighted the scenario's with Amidala on her way to Coruscant. Overall I like him, and he best be in the next episode, because its to plot-conflicting to have a character disappear after one film ESPECIALLY if its supposed to be sequential. As for Quarshie, I doubt it for an insider on the Star Wars subject reported he made public announcement in London. Does our English man King Jedi have anything to say about this? Your the best insight we have for an Englander, because Raz is gone.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 03:21 AM
theEvilJedi

The original Sabe,the Queen's decoy,won't return ether.She is replaced by a Australin as most charcters are including the Jedi Council's Adi Galla.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 07:15 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

So?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 08:07 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

This is from...where?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 08:07 AM
KJ
Sausages

UBH- I'm actually Scottish, and I haven't heard anything else about Quarshie. The reason I didn't like Sio Bibble was because he was too whinny. I thought the actress who played Sabe was Natalie Portman. Was it really a different actress? The end credits are so small I can't read them. And if it is a different actress, how do you know someone else is playing her in EP2 ? There were lots of hand maidens.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 09:00 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Bibble was supposed to be a peace loving out of his element government official(thus he appeared whiny KJ). I felt Davies played the role very well. I'd like him to return.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

So would I, but I still don't like him much,I mean the character.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 12:18 AM
Xizor

The character was a snivly little coward, so I agree he was unsavory. Yet the character fit into the whole sweet planet being attacked for no reason plotline quite nicely.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Master Brit Hunt

Is he on the cast lst yet? If he isn't then they better explain what happened to him and Panaka.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:21 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

An American magazine printed a cast list for Ep2 and it had Oliver Ford Davies on it. It could be a mistake.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2000 09:43 PM
Darth Daft

Well I have no idea if he's coming back or not, but I think he probably won't. Although Naboo is confirmed as returning in Episode 2 I don't think it will be used quite as much, so that is why I think Panaka and Bibble won't return.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2000 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote