KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime Advise

Anime Advise
Started by: DS25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DS25

Anime Advise

Hi

I've started to watch Anime, Ghost in the Shell and Akira mainly, and was wondering if anyone could advise some that i could get, as i have to buy them cos they arent easy to get here,

any suggestions would be great
thanks

smile

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:28 PM
DS25 is currently offline Click here to Send DS25 a Private Message Find more posts by DS25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cowboy Bebop the movie

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:42 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gemini no Saga
Athena's bodyguard

Ninja Scroll , Vampire hunter D(and "Blood lust") , Blood , Iria , Jin Roh , Cobra(old...but good^^)...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:22 PM
Gemini no Saga is currently offline Click here to Send Gemini no Saga a Private Message Find more posts by Gemini no Saga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

your a boy right???ok i will suggest
Saiyuki-a really good fantasy like anime.Its got everything though,i definatly reccomend

Neon Genesis Evangelion-OHH this ones classic.The god of mecha anime!Its so deep...AHHHH..SO BEAUTIFUL...er....ohh yeh,icant say alot about the boys,but the girls are all HOT!

Comic Party-This is a comedy about manga writers,its one of the only comady anime i really like.

Hellsing-Kinda Blade meets Resident Evilvery cool

These arn't exactly all my faves,but its harder to reccomend stuff to guys>_<

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:26 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Re: Anime Advise

quote:
Originally posted by DS25
Hi

I've started to watch Anime, Ghost in the Shell and Akira mainly, and was wondering if anyone could advise some that i could get, as i have to buy them cos they arent easy to get here,

any suggestions would be great
thanks

smile

If you have digital or satelite they show some okay anime on toonami and sci fi channel.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:37 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Some very good suggestions have already been mention. I will add the following...

Sin
Spriggan
Robotech
Trigun

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Princess Mononoke. Maybe Perfect Blue if you think you'd enjoy weird psychological thrillers (I mean, it's very good, but it's also sort of weird, so I can't recomend it unconditionally).

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:56 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Girl Sheryu
Punk Girl

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Princess Mononoke. Maybe Perfect Blue if you think you'd enjoy weird psychological thrillers (I mean, it's very good, but it's also sort of weird, so I can't recomend it unconditionally).
don't forget to add x lol

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:37 AM
Cat Girl Sheryu is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Girl Sheryu a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Girl Sheryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DS25

i'm a girl BlackHatDefect, i'll still find the titles you suggest as i'm not as squimish as some girls bout that stuff.

crazy c thats another reason i need satalite or digital!

all the suggestions sound great, i'll get ordering! smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 02:07 PM
DS25 is currently offline Click here to Send DS25 a Private Message Find more posts by DS25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

OHH IM SORRY SOOO9O SOOOO SORRY SHIT SHIT BLAAAAA!!!
But the things you saw were usually guy things....i feal like an idiot>_<

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 03:59 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I thought that DS25 was a guy!!! Gosh, I feel kinda silly. Anyways I hope you expand your anime collection. big grin

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DS25

no probs cool
the name does leave much to the imagination,shifty

i kinda prefer action type but i remember that i saw spirited away and i loved that too
I shall get buyin!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:53 AM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Gundam Wing
Ranma 1/2
The Guyver
Jih-Ron
Shadow Skill
Ecsaflowne

...And that's just for starters.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 12:48 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Oh, and which version of Akira are you watching? The newly dubbed version or the originally dubbed version? 'cause the originally dubbed version has better voice overs.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 12:49 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DS25

I think its the original version, i got a double disk sepcial edition thingy, but the remastered one didnt work, so i think i have been watchin the original

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 07:49 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

FLCL is really crazy if your looking for an anime with wackiness and stuff.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:35 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Girl Sheryu
Punk Girl

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Gundam Wing
Ranma 1/2
The Guyver
Jih-Ron
Shadow Skill
Ecsaflowne

...And that's just for starters.

yup

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 09:24 PM
Cat Girl Sheryu is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Girl Sheryu a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Girl Sheryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Perfect Blue and Evangelion definitely... and try Blue Gender... its a love story set against a backdrop of giant insects and mecha.... Patlabor is worth watching, as is Blood: the last Vampire.... if you can actually find Destry, thats well worth the search.... but it might take you years!! Also Roujin Z (about a hospital bed that decides to take an old man to the beach!!) and, for something gentler, I'd recommene Wings of Honneamise.... for a good thriller try Black Jack....

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 10:26 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

TRiGuN

CoWbOy beBoP

Rurouni Kenshin

Gundam Wing

Hellsing

Samurai X- Trust & Betrayal

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Princess Mononoke

Ah! My Godess

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:22 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by DS25
I think its the original version, i got a double disk sepcial edition thingy, but the remastered one didnt work, so i think i have been watchin the original

The re-released version did come with a second disc. If you are watching the original version, you might recognize the voice actor who voiced Kaneda. The same person who voiced Raphel in the original 1980's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did the voice for Kaneda. In the re-released version, they changed the voices and the voice actor who voices Tetsu is the same actor who voiced Tai in the first series of Digimon. I don't know who voices Kaneda in the re-released version. FYI.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 03:47 AM