KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Review : The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Review : The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Laugh The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Well, I figured I would speak out on a little known indie movie, just released on DVD yesterday intitled "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra".

This is easily one of the best indies of 2004. It was made in 2001, but wasn't released theatrically until February of 2004, and only in 13 theatres, where it made $110,000, while only being produced for $40,000!

It's a B & W spoof of the 50's Sci Fi movies, and is absolutely hilarious! It's (not so) basically about the skeleton of Cadavra cave who needs a rare element to rule the planet, a scientist and his wife, two aliens, Lattice and Kro-Bar, as well as an opportunistic Earthling, all in search of a meteor that crashed to Earth containing the element Atmospherium, from which they all benefit in one cooky way or another.

All the above puns/novelty names were intended, which is what makes this movie so enjoyable. The dialogue is punny, the over-acting was very indicative of the 50's Sci Fi movies, and it's just a great, great, movie. I watched it twice yesterday, which is really rare for me. An instant classic.

I originally rated it 3.5 after my first viewing, just because it was literally the oddest movie I think I have ever seen, even more so than my fav. "UHF". Then, I decided to pop it in around Midnight last night for a double dip, and fell in love with it, therefore, it's worthy of a 4/5 stars from moi. cool

Spoof fans, and old school Sci Fi fans alike, this is one you absolutely cannot afford to pass up.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 07:59 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i havnt seen this yet.. but ive been wanting to since i saw a trailer a long time ago.. hopefully ill get around to it soon... people need to see more indies!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:19 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I saw it last Saturday and all I can't say is that it was disappointing. I was expecting a spoof-like of those weird sci-fi b-movies of the 50's and late 60's. Close...but no cigar. The acting was over done (even for a spoof) and the actors seem to be trying too hard to mimic the style. Jokes were predictable and just the whole movie isn't even close to achive that spoof humor.

Let's put it this way....one single joke from any of the scary movies is more funnier than this entire atrocity of a movie. Don't waste your time just go rent Bubba Ho-Tep....funnier jokes. I give The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra a fair score for trying to be a spoof.

Rate: 2 out of 5.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 03:12 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Bah.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 02:04 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote