KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion

Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

But all in all thats something USH cant prevent erm

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 06:10 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

uh oh Stormiester..

we're almost agreeing on something again... eek!

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 09:09 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

eek!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:19 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's easily spotted in practice.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 09:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it isnt for all you know its the characters that are fighting to warn someone when you have no proof would be unfair wink

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 10:50 PM
Serket
Bishonen Catboy

quote:
Originally posted by SlickRick69
as far as this idea goes, the rehashed, reused, retread of exactly the same character in every RP, tends toward the idea that so many RPs that are made are so similar from the start, similar and unoriginal enough conceptually, to allow a retread reused character like every (meaning the One, same) character Stormy uses in every RP... it's as much a jab against the 'originality' of the RP itself, as is is against Stormy's complete lack of imagination and/or investment in each, every and all the so called 'original' universes into which are brought Stormy Day's cardboard cut-out character... it's a small step to cutting and pasting and copying complete posts from one RP to another, and YES I've seen that happen too!! (maybe not from Stormy Day... more research is required...) and at that point, might as well all be one same RP instead of several similar ones all with the same characters running around, pretending to act 'original'...

If you WANT to play one character, YAY go for it, and play that one to the very best of your ability, and have FUN! How can it still be the 'best' of your ability when it's the same thing repeated 17 times? It has to lose something, if only mostly the whole originality of the character concept and idea... right?? And, once the originality goes away, who wants to continue to interact with a cardboard cutout character in 17 different but same universes? As soon as the same character is seen popping up in 17 different threads, (well maybe sooner then 17...) I'd worry and wonder what happened to the originality and freshness vibe in the Unhosted RP Forum...

I know I'm really late on the subject of characters, but I think that there are some characters that fit in multiple role plays as long as they aren't exactly the same. But I also don't think it's right to constantly reuse characters. embarrasment

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 03:42 PM
Serket is currently offline Click here to Send Serket a Private Message Find more posts by Serket Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just as a note, this isn't dead, just on hold until I can get the time to crack on with it- in the New Year sometime. I am aware of some feeling in the area of RP improvement lately; feel free to keep suggesting some ideas.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Coolness!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:37 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sidewinder_102
D20-mancer

I believe any restriction on any roleplay, be it text driven or dice rolled, should be specific for that roleplay. There are always going to be people better at writing, more original, or more creative that may or may not want to mix their cool original character design with a ssj4 goku clone. Due to this, some rp's should be for that more detailed class of rp'ers, while other rp's should be for those people who aren't for longwindedness and just want to get in and blow that hlaf dragon demon prime evil to smithereens. I mean, you could even go a little crazy and have a whole 'nother set of rp's devoted to mixing these two groups if some people don't mind the difference in style. So, in reflection to this whole paragraph, all rp's should have their own unique style and rules stated by the rp originator.

Furthermore! One of these rules could be outlawing, accepting or inviting already made/used characters.

Last edited by sidewinder_102 on Jun 13th, 2005 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 05:20 PM
sidewinder_102 is currently offline Click here to Send sidewinder_102 a Private Message Find more posts by sidewinder_102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, some very basic guidelines now up in the new Welcome thread.

So, back to this 'Better RPing' set of guidelines, which could alwas be optionally enforced on any game ideathat chooses to want them- which could include things like "No duplicate characters" and so forth. Anyone else wnat to contribute ideas?

BtVS

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:11 PM
Quincy
Debaser

How about the "open ending" thing. Often people just state that someone elses character has been hit or is bleeding. Shouldn't it just be like ex: FFKadaj swipes his katana at Ushgarak and-
and then the next post will be "and the katana barely misses his flesh.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 02:43 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wyrmses
Love thy black dragon.

Now see, that kind of thing tends to become troublesome. I tried that once. It interferes with my para rping, and it turns out people take advantage of it. I always end up missing, and being that my charicter can't block EVERYTHING with her staff, I get hit. I'm not some godmoder, except when I use my dragon from the underworld. But that's not the point. My point is, I don't agree with the "open ending" thing.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 08:12 AM
Wyrmses is currently offline Click here to Send Wyrmses a Private Message Find more posts by Wyrmses Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I guess that's true. It all comes down to who ur rping with. Over-powered characters, unfair treatment, it happens alot.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:56 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wyrmses
Love thy black dragon.

I know. It is really quite annoying. Which is why I report whoever isn't playing fair.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 08:25 AM
Wyrmses is currently offline Click here to Send Wyrmses a Private Message Find more posts by Wyrmses Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That is indeed very much an issue with the community in each game- open RP posts are great if everyone is of like mind, but I remember an early SW Unhosted RP where I left open posts and then any idea of plot development I wanted was smahsed to pieces by other people taking advantage of those posts so nothing I did ever worked.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 10:58 AM
Blood_Flower
Everything Inside Screams

Is anyone up for a Jeepers Creepers: The Beginning RP?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 04:17 PM
Blood_Flower is currently offline Click here to Send Blood_Flower a Private Message Find more posts by Blood_Flower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

Naruto anyone else

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 08:00 PM
Tatsumaki is currently offline Click here to Send Tatsumaki a Private Message Find more posts by Tatsumaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blood_Flower
Everything Inside Screams

I'm up for it, I'll be Hyuga.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 08:28 PM
Blood_Flower is currently offline Click here to Send Blood_Flower a Private Message Find more posts by Blood_Flower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disturbing13
Is anyone up for a Jeepers Creepers: The Beginning RP?

can you tell us a little more about it like what is going on where we are
etc..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:07 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How about an RP poll of the month? Like 10 RPs from Unhosted are picked and people vote for which one is the best of the month.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 03:07 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote