KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion

Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JacopeX
You understood everything else you quoted from me and rambled.

I tried to understand. If I did understand, I wouldn't have kept at it. It's not my way.

Better?

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to have said. That in order for a roleplay to be fun, you need flow, contribution, development and plot? What other aspects are there?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 10:27 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I tried to understand. If I did understand, I wouldn't have kept at it. It's not my way.
I'm talking about past discussions.

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I'm not sure what it is you're trying to have said. That in order for a roleplay to be fun, you need flow, contribution, development and plot? What other aspects are there?
You do notice the word idea?

Let me just re type it (This is getting very stupid, frustrating, and boring.)

An idea is essential for every RPer to possess in order to contribute at a certain degree based on the potential of their creative mentality. One example to the essentials of an idea is character development and the effectiveness of the character when developing it through an RP, therefore adding definition to the character depending on how you play its role based on the character sheet you registered and the RP. There are many more examples such as co existing flow and chemistry with interacting players, understanding your actions and purposes, etc.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 10:35 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Alright. I believe I got it now, thanks for elaborating.

So you decided to inform me of the very basics of storytelling, of roleplaying. Something I've been doing since not long after you was born stick out tongue

I just thought it was deeper than that. That's why I kept investigating the topic, why I kept the discussion going. I apologize for all frustration I've caused you, it wasn't my intention. Although you really should keep things more simple in the future.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 10:48 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to be random but has anybody seen the best song in the world right now? Its really funny! laughing

I've been sleep for 2 years?!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 02:12 AM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Posts of this nature are more propriate in the UHRPG Player Information thread, or in the Off-Topic forum.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 06:38 AM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, I apologize.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 06:55 AM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Nothing to apologize for. Now you know, though big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 09:48 AM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 10:20 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

(We were planning on making an RP school for newcomers with me and a few other RPers as teachers. But We didn't find much interest. Hope there can be a few current RPers who actually show skill and respect.)

While the idea is good, it would fail.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 10:38 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Super Marie 64
While the idea is good, it would fail.
I agree.

With very little popularity and attraction of new comers, it would be pointless to have one.

But just in case. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:03 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

i would like to learn so i can become a better rper. i like to write stories but i lack grammar and such (as you can already see :P ) so if there is a way for me to learn and better myself im all ears big grin

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:14 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean, your all eyes?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:26 AM
starryknight

Originally posted by moderator23
You mean, your all eyes?

really?...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:53 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by starryknight
really?...
If your being taught by them from the internet, you cant hear them type you...Unless you posses some sort of high tech stalker device, or unless they make videos.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 03:11 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

If your being taught by them from the internet, you cant hear them type you...Unless you posses some sort of high tech stalker device, or unless they make videos.

There is a psychological study that proclaim the idea of hearing what you read inside your head, so in a technical sense she ain't wrong. She could still be all ears.

To quibble, all ears ain't an expression to be taken literally. You can't say you have all two ears (It's wrong), you instead say I have both ears. If you want to use the "all ears" expression to its fullest potential, you'd actually have to refer to the psychological study that imply we also hear with our mind, increasing our number from two to at least three ears. Ergo making the phrase fully functional even on a forum.

So ... Done nitpicking?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 05:48 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow...are you angry? laughing out loud
Must be.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 10:55 AM
Etna
Demon Lord Beauty Queen

Marie? Angry? Naaa

That post seems neutral to me.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 11:36 AM
Etna is currently offline Click here to Send Etna a Private Message Find more posts by Etna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it was overly defensive in this case.

Moderator meant no problems with his statements either. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 12:05 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Wow...are you angry? laughing out loud
Must be.

No more than you, under the condition that you are actually laughing.

But it was overly defensive in this case.

Moderator meant no problems with his statements either. stick out tongue

Nitpickers get nitpicked. However, how he possibly could have gotten it as an angry post is impossible for me to understand. Could be that my woesome greatness and absolute awesomehood is too sublime to take in.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 01:17 PM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im laughing since you just wasted your time gathering pointless information, than no one needed at all, and nobody cared about that information also. laughing

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 07:49 PM