KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion

Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 50 51 [52] 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hmm...man-made armaggedon?

Semi-future tech soldiers going at it between two factions: The United Western Hemisphere of Humanity (UWHH) and The Coalition of Common Survival (CCS). UWHH is heavy on capitalism, and rich to boot, which means big guns, lots of them, and plenty of warmongers ready and willing to use them. "Why think, when you can shoot" is the motto of UWHH grunts.

CCS suffers from the state of the world economy, so they've got smaller guns, but they're great on tactics. Their soldiers are more disciplined and all have a knack for infiltration and sabotage. "Cripple them from the inside" as the CCS commandos like to say.

What do you think?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 11:54 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Hmm...man-made armaggedon?

Semi-future tech soldiers going at it between two factions: The United Western Hemisphere of Humanity (UWHH) and The Coalition of Common Survival (CCS). UWHH is heavy on capitalism, and rich to boot, which means big guns, lots of them, and plenty of warmongers ready and willing to use them. "Why think, when you can shoot" is the motto of UWHH grunts.

CCS suffers from the state of the world economy, so they've got smaller guns, but they're great on tactics. Their soldiers are more disciplined and all have a knack for infiltration and sabotage. "Cripple them from the inside" as the CCS commandos like to say.

What do you think?

im in for that!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 12:10 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Heh, Jedireaper and I are going to work on the concept some more through PMs, Star.

You'll know when it's ready, trust me. wink

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 12:28 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Heh, Jedireaper and I are going to work on the concept some more through PMs, Star.

You'll know when it's ready, trust me. wink

Im in. lemme know when available, and I'll make a char sheet or whatnot.. just show me the frmat you want..

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 12:56 AM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Don't worry man, you'll be one of the first to know when it's ready. Good to see you finally showing your face, though, ya damn lurker.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:11 AM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

think of me as an advanced scout.. testing the perimeters... before i lay the charges and bring this little dance to a standstill...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:52 AM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol shouldn't this idea be placed into the other thread? This is more Rules and Guidelines, of course it does sound like an interesting idea. If it works out well enough, I might join.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:02 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

That is true. It is the wrong thread for this discussion. Discussions revolving a roleplay and stuff of this forum should take place in the UHRPG Player Information thread smile This thread is for questions revolving this forum as an area, and not its content.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 01:54 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol though I still do say. One of the rules for forums that I say is that they should be closed after a certain amount of time. I do agree that resurrecting is a good idea, but if something's dead for 8 years, it's probably time to lay it to rest.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:16 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

There wouldn't be a point.

Though, you would be surprised by the amount of newcomers we get who bump an RP thread they are interested in. How it was found? Google. Like always. smile

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:21 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol true, I did find this via google. I found it by searching for information on mainly Halo, I found an old forum of Ush's. But it was locked so it didn't matter lol. The furthest I'll resurrect from is 1 year though, any further and its officially dead in my eyes.

Also, If I resurrect something, I say that someone else has to resurrect it with me before I even try, other wise there's not much point because everyone would just say the forum's too far dead.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:25 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or, you can just make a new thread and have a fresh start with more people aware and involved. yes

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 02:32 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Originally posted by JacopeX
Or, you can just make a new thread and have a fresh start with more people aware and involved. yes

lol but that requires Approval :3 then again, impatience is a dirty habit. I wouldn't mind resurrecting the Gear's of War thing, but it only looks like there are about 10 people on here who actually pay attention to rules and post commonly. And if those 10 people don't want to do it, it won't last.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:01 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Originally posted by JacopeX
There wouldn't be a point.

Though, you would be surprised by the amount of newcomers we get who bump an RP thread they are interested in. How it was found? Google. Like always. smile

"Mommy, can I be a newcomer and bump an RP Thread that I'm interested in?"
"I'm not your mom, kid!"
"Yay, I love you mommy!"
"Oh brother..."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 12:56 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud ?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:11 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I want to bump the .hack thread back into existence :P

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:27 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, you can but check the thread around and see if the members that posted are even active anymore.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:29 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol well it was never really started. I'm pretty sure that it has authorization, but I might have to check on that. Perhaps the owner of the thread can officially start it ^^

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 02:32 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol actually it has started. I don't really get the RP's that just stop, it seems like someone would say that they were gonna quit it. Anyways, I kind of want to join random dead RP's, and make an ending. Like to that Left 4 Dead RP that died a year ago just go in and put...

"And at the end of days, as the last bastion of humanity strives to survive, they are overwhelmed. Though they fight back strong, the horde of flesh craved mutations fight harder... and prevail. Though sadness overwhelms the air. Hope does live on. But that... well... that is a story for another day."

The End

XD Honestly, if I could do that, then we could close some of the threads and if someone wanted to start a new one, they would have a base for it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 05:15 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

This ain't a chat thread. You should move the talk over to the players information thread.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:09 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote