KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion

Unhosted RP Rules/Guidelines discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 51 52 [53]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, this discussion is on topic.

She is suggesting a RULE that all dead RP's (threads that have not been posted in for at least three months) should be locked. Then I explained to her why that cannot be done.

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 11:16 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

A constructive discussion would involve less focus on specific cases and more on the idea of the rule itself. "Want to join" isn't really a good reason to want to resurrect something. It's a lot more to bringing a roleplay back from the dead than that, and I can't seem to find any real consistency in Phoenix suggestion for a rule.

The basis is obvious, but it seems fleeting. I'm sure Ushgarak wants more than that for a suggestion of a rule.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 11:22 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one said it had to be constructive to be passed off as a legit discussion that is in the right place in order to sate the expectations of a few. And for you to actually pass off false illusions of what Ush wants as if you had any clue.

Point is, the purpose was correct as the purpose of this discussion between you and I is not.

See where i'm getting here?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 11:28 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I know what you're saying. All I'm saying is that if he really meant anything by his suggestion, if he really wants it to go through, he'll have to elaborate it further and try avoid excessive examples. If he really want Ushgarak to read and listen, he'll have to approach with a sense of professionalism, with care for his topic.

This is me being helpful. Take it or leave it.

I'm not say constructive ain't legit, but I'm saying it should be constructive if he means anything by it. Which I hope he does. I also hope he realize the work that's behind locking old threads, and the redundance in such a system.

It's a good idea, but I don't see it necessary. It's only the occasional thread that get bumped, and few pay any attention to it. It's mostly ignored and after one or two posts within it, revolving the extreme bump, it's generally closed. It doesn't really take up any time or place and it's dealt with.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 11:43 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
I know what you're saying. All I'm saying is that if he really meant anything by his suggestion, if he really wants it to go through, he'll have to elaborate it further and try avoid excessive examples. If he really want Ushgarak to read and listen, he'll have to approach with a sense of professionalism, with care for his topic.

I'm not say constructive ain't legit, but I'm saying it should be constructive if he means anything by it. Which I hope he does. I also hope he realize the work that's behind locking old threads, and the redundance in such a system.

It's a good idea, but I don't see it necessary. It's only the occasional thread that get bumped, and few pay any attention to it. It's mostly ignored and after one or two posts within it, revolving the extreme bump, it's generally closed. It doesn't really take up any time or place and it's dealt with.

This is upsetting T.T Everything I say I'm getting corrected on, but let me do some corrections.

Point 1, it says quite clearly directly below my avatar picture that I'm a female and I've never once given the illusion of being a male, yet not on one point did you say she but in fact consecutively used the words: "He", "Him", or "His". Calling me a boy once by accident is one thing but really T.T..

Point 2, I didn't mean that I wanted to join and make an ending, and I wasn't trying directly to say "Ush lock down the old threads", I was making more of a conversation to see if someone felt the same way that I did about how some of these Threads from 2003 should be locked. I understand how Jacope's reason is. I'm not trying to start a war on examples.

Point 3, I don't really WANT a rule to go on, but I've seen threads where people complain "Dude, this thread's been dead for..." and yet we don't lock them down. It had seemed anti-constructive to me.

Point 4, I'm grateful that you want to be helpful, really. Knowledge is an important thing and the fact that you would share it so happily is cool. But I was trying to discuss a rule that I thought we might talk about shifting about, not trying to suggest but maybe trying to build support and shouldn't Ush be the one to decide if I'm going about it wrong?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 02:59 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Not everything. Far from everything. And it's more along the lines of assisting than correcting. You haven't done anything wrong, but you could do it better. So not correcting, contributing.

1. I am using the Star Wars theme for KMC Forums because of a feature only this theme has. I don't see the gender part. All I see said below your avatar is when you're registered and what's your location. There's nothing accidental about it. Also, Phoenix is a more masculine than feminine name and Jamie is unisexual.

Still, to me all Online are males until I'm convinced otherwise.

2. I never said you did. Doesn't change the fact that if you feel a certain way, you get more done along its lines if you're constructive than if you're loose with your talk. You gave the implication that you felt for a change, or to get a suggestion out there.

If you feel for something, you should dicuss it in a constructive manner. If you don't, you don't really need to discuss it. This thread is for helping improve the forum, but I don't see your point right now. You don't want to give a rule suggestion, but you're not entirely happy with things how they are. Why stay at the middle-ground?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 09:13 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aaaand.....You're still not getting it.

And this "he" you speak of is a female, just correcting you there. Again, not every member is level with the same sense of formulation as yourself. Others have their own ways. It does not have to be a certain way in order for the discussion to at least pass off as an on-topic discussion. Especially the newer ones. It was just a suggestion. I have seen plenty here suggest with only a few sentences, no structure in argument, proof, explanation as to why, etc. Why now? Obviously, you just feel like arguing about something being on topic or not.

Are you still not getting it?

I'll leave it since you're not being helpful at all. And i'm sure others agree with me here based on how you keep stirring this further than necessary. Just keep in mind that I already had things here taken care of with answers and explanation as to why such a system is not necessary in this particular forum....until you showed up on to put down someone words upon the subject that were still part of the topic. So, that little bias remains unhelpful.

Again, since when?

Maybe you missed it, and it's fine if you did, about Phoenix spending most of her forum RPing times in a myspace forum that had mods who followed this system, hence why she felt like suggesting it since it seems all new to her than there are a bunch of dead RPs left open. And I finished explaining to her why...Again, me being helpful, you just stirring this and now going OFF TOPIC.

Last edited by JacopeX on Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 12:32 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

quote:

Still, to me all Online are males until I'm convinced otherwise.

How is this logical? Both male and female use the internet, I'm not overly feminist to the point where I think all males should disappear but I do believe if nothing else we are at least equal. To say that all online are male until convinced is like saying that all people in life are idiots until they prove themselves other wise. If that is the point your trying to make, then you would talk down to someone from the get go and not give someone the proper respect to prove themselves. I'm sorry I don't mean to stir this up but this is just wrong.
Unless your upfront lying about all this your a female too, so despite everything you shouldn't make that kind of assumption. If I'm not sure someone is a male or female, I say they or you.

P.S.: Phoenix is the name of a mythical creature (in some cases, dependent on ones own belief) its not masculine or feminine in a leaning way.

P.S.S.: Sorry for arguing in this thread, I should have taken it to a private message.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 12:53 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ignore her.

This is just the outcome of a closed mind. It would get anyone bewildered for having their sex questioned and then having to stand up for themselves in order to receive the approval of the other. Especially if this person is a total waste of time to spend valuable energy and effort on.

And here is why I wouldn't jump to doubts so quickly.

http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?R=1004775

Last edited by JacopeX on Oct 6th, 2010 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 01:00 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

uhh.. jacope.. fuel on the fire mean anything? that woman is a levl 97 internet troll. boss battle status. think metal gear. dont screw around with her. its much better this way. trust me, im a level 95. <.<

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 01:26 PM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I feel like this is all my fault -.- can we drop it before it gets out of hand?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 01:30 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Phoenix3068
How is this logical? Both male and female use the internet, I'm not overly feminist to the point where I think all males should disappear but I do believe if nothing else we are at least equal. To say that all online are male until convinced is like saying that all people in life are idiots until they prove themselves other wise. If that is the point your trying to make, then you would talk down to someone from the get go and not give someone the proper respect to prove themselves. I'm sorry I don't mean to stir this up but this is just wrong.
Unless your upfront lying about all this your a female too, so despite everything you shouldn't make that kind of assumption. If I'm not sure someone is a male or female, I say they or you.

P.S.: Phoenix is the name of a mythical creature (in some cases, dependent on ones own belief) its not masculine or feminine in a leaning way.

P.S.S.: Sorry for arguing in this thread, I should have taken it to a private message.

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. There seem to be some trend going around where people aren't allow to think however they want. I must've not gotten the memorandum. Or the meaning of "To me" has changed since last I saw it used.

When will you people learn to let me have my opinions? Want to know why I feel the way I feel?

Because I know that on KMC alone, three members that for a fact aren't females despite claiming to be. I suspect an additional three with good reason. That's a total of six cases that has driven me to the thought of KMC being male dominated.

Nevermind the gamers I've come across, and the popularity amongst male people to play female roles in various games and roleplays.

Additionally, I like men. I love men. I want the world surrounding me to consist of men. The fact that I view people as males over females when the opposite hasn't been proven has nothing at all to do with anything you or anyone else is. I like men, I want men. How can it possibly hurt you that I imagine you male?

You still wonder how it's logical? If you do, I feel sorry for you. If you don't, I'm happy I could help.

Also, http://babynamesworld.parentsconnec...of_Phoenix.html

Note how it's more popular amongst males than females. That's all I meant by it, and why I consider it masculine over feminine. It's more generally used on males than females.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 02:40 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Matthias Fenris
uhh.. jacope.. fuel on the fire mean anything? that woman is a levl 97 internet troll. boss battle status. think metal gear. dont screw around with her. its much better this way. trust me, im a level 95. <.<
WTF did I just read?

Originally posted by Phoenix3068
I feel like this is all my fault -.- can we drop it before it gets out of hand?
It's funny how Marie continues, even when the opposition decides to drop the OFF TOPIC argument and ignore. Oh that's right, she wants to argue, because her insecurities cause her to feel threaten by an opposing word and contradicts herself when she claims that she can't think how she wants while others are being antagonized by her for doing the same thing...Remember, she's the victim, gaiz. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Again, just let her ramble, make believe, and pretend to be analytical. In the end, she's the one breaking her own rules.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 03:04 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Ouch -.-...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 03:05 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

yeah. oh well, i tried. hey phoenix? just ignore them all. maybe if we stop, everything will go away? sound fun? halo reach vids on youtube? i am SO there.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 03:12 PM
Matthias Fenris is currently offline Click here to Send Matthias Fenris a Private Message Find more posts by Matthias Fenris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I rather be on topic than off topic.

Please take all further discussion about Halo, other RPs, and what not to the UHRP before I am forced to send out reports.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 03:13 PM
Matthias Fenris
patriarch of the brood..

Originally posted by JacopeX
Well, I rather be on topic than off topic.

Please take all further discussion about Halo, other RPs, and what not to the UHRP before I am forced to send out reports.

lol. because you and marie have been doing SUCH a good job of that thus far. but fine. im done. dont even respond to this, or you lose the game.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 03:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't make a post like that again, MF.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 04:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meanwhile, with no more useful content being generated, I am closing this one. I'll put up my own guidelines by the year's end.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 05:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote