KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Pendragon Book Series!!!

Pendragon Book Series!!!
Started by: flossyblue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CloudStrife.GOD

Well obviously if theres ten books, then when they saved first earth, the didn't save second and third earth. Good, I was hoping Patrick would pop up because of gunny spader and Kasha are gone.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:16 AM
CloudStrife.GOD is currently offline Click here to Send CloudStrife.GOD a Private Message Find more posts by CloudStrife.GOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kairi

Better

This series is much better than Harry Potter. It makes Harry Potter look like, well... bad. smile

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Kairi is currently offline Click here to Send Kairi a Private Message Find more posts by Kairi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kairi

Who the heck is Kasha. Well, maybe I shouldn't ask. I'm only in the middle of the 4th book.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 04:04 PM
Kairi is currently offline Click here to Send Kairi a Private Message Find more posts by Kairi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

what are they about?

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:27 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kairi

Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby. He is going ot save the world.
And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was. And before he can object, he is swept of to an alternate deminsion known as Denduron, a territory inhabited by strange beings, ruled by magical tyrant, and played by dangerous revolution. If Bobby wants to see his family again, he's going to have to accept his role as a savior, and accept it wholeheartedly. Because, as he is about to discover, Denduron is only the beggining.

That's what's written on the back of the first book, Pendragon: The Merchant of Death, to learn more, go to thependragonadventure.com

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:03 PM
Fionnoula
Restricted

Account Restricted

sounds pretty cool, thanks

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again. - Mary Pickford

Reality continues to ruin my life

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:27 PM
Fionnoula is currently offline Click here to Send Fionnoula a Private Message Find more posts by Fionnoula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kairi

No, I would not

quote:
Originally posted by CloudStrife.GOD
I'd really like a Pendragon movie wouldn't yeall?

Actually, no, because whenever they make a movie that's based on a book, they always change it in some way. Look what they did to Harry Potter. Yeah, it's an okay movie, I know alot of you think it's awesome. But they changed alot of it. It would suck if they made a movie out of this, because they would change parts of it. I don't think this book needs to be changed in any way.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:14 PM
willturner24

Re: No, I would not

quote:
Originally posted by Kairi
Actually, no, because whenever they make a movie that's based on a book, they always change it in some way. Look what they did to Harry Potter. Yeah, it's an okay movie, I know alot of you think it's awesome. But they changed alot of it. It would suck if they made a movie out of this, because they would change parts of it. I don't think this book needs to be changed in any way.

I think it would be good that they make a movie. Yea I know they might change it and all but don't you want to see what denduron looks like? And all the travelers probably look cool too. I especially want to see Saint Dane transform big grin

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:18 AM
willturner24 is currently offline Click here to Send willturner24 a Private Message Find more posts by willturner24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h0rnyg04tw33d

movie

i gess it would be nice to see what it looked like, but what if it is nothing like what you thought it would be...? it ruins it all, and many people disagree with movies made from books, so yea,
also
just finished the 5th book a quick question:
the flume on eelong is destroyed... but isnt there 2 on 2nd earth? one in that abandonedtrain station and one in the cellar of that house..? any feedback?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:23 PM
h0rnyg04tw33d is currently offline Click here to Send h0rnyg04tw33d a Private Message Find more posts by h0rnyg04tw33d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flumer07

I think a movie would be amazing! I'm extremely curious to see what the territories look like.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 11:01 PM
flumer07 is currently offline Click here to Send flumer07 a Private Message Find more posts by flumer07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bookluvver928

im only on the first book.....but so far i love the book....but i want an answer to 2 questions....the first one is y cant bobby bring the second earth objects to denduron.....and does bobby ever go bak to earth??

Last edited by Bookluvver928 on Mar 22nd, 2005 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Bookluvver928 is currently offline Click here to Send Bookluvver928 a Private Message Find more posts by Bookluvver928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tblumer

Objects

In denduron, that explains why bobby cant take objects to the other worlds. In the first book, bobby brings the flashlight, and batteries, and whatever his name is finds bobbys pack, and steals the objects from bobby. Itd be like bringing a 50 caliber machine gun back to 1st earth to help with the war, it would change history, and personally, i think it adds excitement to the series, that the travelers have to use objects on THAT world to save it. In a way, they're saving themselvessmile ive read all 5 books, and am waiting as patiently as i can for the 6th....COME ON DEEJ....BRING ON THE BOBBYsmile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 03:49 PM
tblumer is currently offline Click here to Send tblumer a Private Message Find more posts by tblumer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thoenix

Okay, the territorties as mentioned so far in the books are as follows:
Second Earth
Denduron
Cloral
First Earth and Third Earth
Veelox
Eelong (Saint Dane mentions Qullian in the book Black Water)
Zadaa (the territory in book 6)

So, this leaves two territories if you think Saint Dane was done with all the Earth territories when he failed on First Earth, which I doubt. So, as far as possibilities go, there is five more territories to fight for. And now, there is seven travelers left: Loor, Bobby, the one from Third Earth, the one from Qullian, the one from the last unknown territory (probably Saint Dane's home), Aja, wait a minute? Who is the Traveler from Denduron? A mystery in itself......

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 10:11 PM
Thoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Thoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Thoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tblumer

Denduron....again

in the first book..there were 5 travelers, uncle Press, Bobby, Loor, Loor's "mom", and that knight. If i remember correctly, the knight wasn't killed.....id have to look it up, but unless he WAS killed, he would still be the traveler from Denduron

Also, anybody want to take some guesses what the next world will be like? and third earth, we've only seen a minor part of it, who knows what kind of weapons will be found on that world. Just curiositysmile....this series is addicting.....who else feels that way?

Another subject im dyin to hear opinions about, is the flumes. Yes, theres only one on each world. but when bobby's acolytes (sorry guys, its been a while since readin em) found that house, their ring made a flume. So obviously, the acolytes have a bit more power then was first mentioned in the first books.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:06 PM
tblumer is currently offline Click here to Send tblumer a Private Message Find more posts by tblumer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

These books are tedious, and they peter out after Merlin. I tried reading Pendragon, that was quite a chore, and Arthur was even worse. The only one that I truly enjoyed was Taliesin

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:50 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tblumer

Arthurian i take it? its an alright series.....could have a bit more action tho....never heard of taliesin tho, what is that? pendragons a good book, but like harry potter, its geared for a general public, so you have to like these types of books to like pendragon....and the arthurian saga is geared for "book-worms" who like big words and political wars as well as battle-wars. Thats how i feel about it anyway

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 07:04 AM
darklord2(2

Shocked question pleas answer

Hi.
I m wondering why there are three earths and noy three zadaas or clorals. It just doesn't seem correct. Another question are there only one travelor in each territory I reas first 4 books
Please answr

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 01:15 AM
darklord2(2 is currently offline Click here to Send darklord2(2 a Private Message Find more posts by darklord2(2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaLaLaGirl21

I think it would be good that they make a movie. Yea I know they might change it and all but don't you want to see what denduron looks like? And all the travelers probably look cool too. I especially want to see Saint Dane transform

Um... for ur information... i'm pretty sure they r making a book called the guide (don't worry it won't interfere w/ the original 10) i'm pretty sure it shows u what all of the places look like and all about the territories... i also agree that ya it would b an ok movie but i definatly don't think it's nessicary... D.J. MacHale does a fantastic job!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:05 AM
LaLaLaGirl21 is currently offline Click here to Send LaLaLaGirl21 a Private Message Find more posts by LaLaLaGirl21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaLaLaGirl21

actually the book i speak of is online... just look up the pendragon series: the guide and look at amazon.com and u can see the cover... also if u look up the rivers of zadaa u can see the cover of that as well... i kno the books pretty well so if u have any ? feel free to pm me or post sumthin' and i'll try 2 get back to u as soon as i can!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:10 AM
LaLaLaGirl21 is currently offline Click here to Send LaLaLaGirl21 a Private Message Find more posts by LaLaLaGirl21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LaLaLaGirl21

Okay, the territorties as mentioned so far in the books are as follows:
Second Earth
Denduron
Cloral
First Earth and Third Earth
Veelox
Eelong (Saint Dane mentions Qullian in the book Black Water)
Zadaa (the territory in book 6)

So, this leaves two territories if you think Saint Dane was done with all the Earth territories when he failed on First Earth, which I doubt. So, as far as possibilities go, there is five more territories to fight for. And now, there is seven travelers left: Loor, Bobby, the one from Third Earth, the one from Qullian, the one from the last unknown territory (probably Saint Dane's home), Aja, wait a minute? Who is the Traveler from Denduron? A mystery in itself......

Sry i can't stop readin' wat u guys write... first off there is only 1 territory left that is unknown since Qullian is also known we just have never been there. Also the Traveler from Denduron is a knight named Aladar... o and i think Soth, u might have the wrong series... this has nuthin' 2 do w/ arthur or merlin

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:19 AM