KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Common Courtesy to Sig Pic Makers..

Common Courtesy to Sig Pic Makers..
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Common Courtesy to Sig Pic Makers..

Alright, I have a splitting headache after skimming through the request thread.

People, if you ask someone to make you a signature picture, you accept it, and then you use it. I'm not naming nay names, but I made 4 for one person, only to see that they already switched to something totally unrelated! I have free time, granted, but it's just common courtesy to display these things after taking the time to craft them, 4 in my case.

Secondly. If you are offered sig pics, then you DO NOT ask for even more without even having used the ones you were given. It's extremely rude, and makes me in particular, look like an ass who just wasted alot of time and resources.

Lastly, if people have "gallerys", don't post random thoughts in them. My gallery is cluttered with mindless rambling. I appreciate the compliments, and I wish that it could stay AT THAT. No requests, no telling me what you did at school, no wishing you had such and such a program. It's a gallery for us artists to display our works. Not a blog.

Keep these guidelines in mind when viewing others galleries, and requesting sig pics, otherwise the people who are gracious enough to do this service could just as easily take it away.

Thanks.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:13 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

But Cinema! See the sig you gave me is too big! They dont allow me to put it in my sig! THat what usually happens.... Somehow when I save the Sig Its always too big sad

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:33 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

I entirely agree with you ... That happens some times with me ... It's not the most stimulating thing erm

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:36 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

BB, you're fine, brother. I'm working on the resize as we speak. I'm talking about others, here.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:36 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Cinemaddiction is the coolest! His sigs are the best! Better then Hegemons!!! Yeah thats right!!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:43 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, I'm totally green to this. I just make sigs that I would want to use myself with my little PSP 8. Thanks, though. wink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:59 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

quote:
Originally posted by Beyond_Batman
But Cinema! See the sig you gave me is too big! They dont allow me to put it in my sig! THat what usually happens.... Somehow when I save the Sig Its always too big sad

i made u a sig, that u asked for, and u didnt even say thanx, or put it on

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:03 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin confused embarrasment cool

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:05 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

This should be a note. Make it sticky Lil B!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:41 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Lastly, if people have "gallerys", don't post random thoughts in them. My gallery is cluttered with mindless rambling. I appreciate the compliments, and I wish that it could stay AT THAT. No requests, no telling me what you did at school, no wishing you had such and such a program. It's a gallery for us artists to display our works. Not a blog.

I don't mind comments in mine though....I don't consider myself a very good sig maker so I won't be going in the sig request thread..so if someone actually likes my sigs and would like me to make one they will have to ask me in my gallery thread...it's cool and the gang

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 08:08 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Cinemaddiction, in your disclaimer you stated that you dont want people requesting sigs in your thread, which is fine, I made a note about it in general.

At first I understood that you didint want any other posts in your gallery, apart from your sig displays, but after re-reading the disclamer I thought i was wrong.

If you dont want anyone posting in your thread, I can put a disclamer on that as well.

As for making the sigs and people not using them, I think that comes with the job. People dont have to use the sigs, or in some instances they dont like them.

Most of my sigs are made by either TOH or burlyman (well current one is by me) but burlyman makes few sigs for me, then i pick the one i like and dont use the rest. I understand the time you put into that, but its just the way it is, I doubt people will change when it comes to sig displaying and chaning.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jun 29th, 2004 at 02:21 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:16 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Re: Common Courtesy to Sig Pic Makers..

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Alright, I have a splitting headache after skimming through the request thread.

People, if you ask someone to make you a signature picture, you accept it, and then you use it. I'm not naming nay names, but I made 4 for one person, only to see that they already switched to something totally unrelated! I have free time, granted, but it's just common courtesy to display these things after taking the time to craft them, 4 in my case.

Secondly. If you are offered sig pics, then you DO NOT ask for even more without even having used the ones you were given. It's extremely rude, and makes me in particular, look like an ass who just wasted alot of time and resources.

Keep these guidelines in mind when viewing others galleries, and requesting sig pics, otherwise the people who are gracious enough to do this service could just as easily take it away.

Thanks.

If you are refering to me, Montross, well, I have used at least two of three for me.
Thanx.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:06 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Well, the whole not using sigs when people have spent time on them is a bit irritating... Just out of courtesy to the people who have done so, the polite thing to do is to use them for at least a day or two, even if you don't like them. I understand that sometimes people aren't going to like what has been made for them, which is perfectly alright. But what bugs me is when people either a) totally ignore you when they see the sig you made and they don't like it, b) request another one in the same thread (ever heard of PM's?) right after they have decided they don't like the one you made, or c) say "I like it" and then don't use it. I, for one, am always willing to change things in my signatures. I'm willing to just start from scratch again and make new ones, even. The least they can do is ask for a change, or use it for a day or two before getting a new one.

I think TOH made a post about this in the sig request thread a long time ago... So, as he said, sig makers are fragile, sensitive creatures, and our feelings are easily damaged!

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:18 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I understand Cinne's frustration after spending a lot of time creating a sig that someone requested from them, but saying "they should atleast use the sig" kinda eliminates this whole free-will thing us humans have going for us.

I know when I take the time to sit down and throw together a sig, I like to see it used. But every single time i send a sig to someone, i always tell them that they don't need to use the sig if they don't feel the need to use it.

I don't really have much room to complain though, either someone will keep my sig for a while...like most people I've made a sig for. Or they will not use my sig because they have a better one...

I'd be really pissed if i spent the time to make the pic, and they opted to have no pic at all in their sig.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:34 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea i did make atleast 5 for one person and they somewhat completely ignored it then a few weeks later requested the same type of sig w/out telling me if they wanted modifications, that is very rude and honestly i dont appreciate it

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:48 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ellen
I'm A Pretty Girl!

quote:
Originally posted by FRO§T
i made u a sig, that u asked for, and u didnt even say thanx, or put it on

POOR YOU!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:25 PM
Ellen is currently offline Click here to Send Ellen a Private Message Find more posts by Ellen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Bumping.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:16 PM
lil bitchiness
-

There is a tutorial thread now, so any help with the sig making, post in there, and not in the individual galeries. Thanks. happy

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:33 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote