KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Eminem sucks...why?

Eminem sucks...why?
Started by: TrAnCeDuO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K J H

To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only Nas & jay Z come close
i like all his albums most of people who say they hate him on here dont like hip hop altogether so that goes hand in hand i dont like most of the hip hop artists out today they all say & do the sames things all the videos have the same concept huge sun glasses flash cars cristal champagne woman shaking there ass its sad to say the u k hip hop scene is copying this thats why i like eminem he's music is diffferent relapse wasn't his best work but you could tell he was going through some bad times trying to get off drugs and still dealing with his close friend being killed his new Recovery sounds awesome if that what a clean & sober shadys is like cant wait to hear some more

the No Love track feat lil wayne is AWESOME smile

Old Post Aug 8th, 2010 02:36 PM
K J H is currently offline Click here to Send K J H a Private Message Find more posts by K J H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K J H
To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only Nas & jay Z come close

blink Did I actually read that???

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 06:08 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thee smit

To all the haters out there how can you say Em talentless what are you on about his lyrics no one compares only
i like all his albums most of people who say they hate him on here dont like hip hop altogether so that goes hand in hand i dont like most of the hip hop artists out today they all say & do the sames things all the videos have the same concept huge sun glasses flash cars cristal champagne woman shaking there ass its sad to say the u k hip hop scene is copying this thats why i like eminem he's music is diffferent relapse wasn't his best work but you could tell he was going through some bad times trying to get off drugs and still dealing with his close friend being killed his new Recovery sounds awesome if that what a clean & sober shadys is like cant wait to hear some more

WHAT!

Jay-Z is not proper rap, non of todays music has any decent rap artists tbh.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 03:16 PM
Thee smit is currently offline Click here to Send Thee smit a Private Message Find more posts by Thee smit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Lies.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 09:19 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icecold707

lupe fiasco is better than any musician that has ever lived go back a page(page 7 i think) and you can read why a few hip hop artist are so much better thn these other gay pop stars n shit

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 09:20 AM
icecold707 is currently offline Click here to Send icecold707 a Private Message Find more posts by icecold707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tmiller2

Em had three great albums, and he IS a talented rapper. Unfortunately he isn't making good (imho) songs anymore.

One of my many favs are Criminal, where he completely delivers on his skills. His latest stuff are ok, but i don't feel he is really delivering as i know he can.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 02:54 PM
tmiller2 is currently offline Click here to Send tmiller2 a Private Message Find more posts by tmiller2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

He's grown out of that phase which you refer to. That's why Relapse sounded forced. Lyrically, he was insane but he was like 36 doing that shit.

Recovery fits him right now. Great album.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 07:43 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foar5

so you dont like him because he either is rapping about bling (which most of the time he isnt) or rapping about how his life is ****ed up. Well then what else do you want him to rap about,puppies

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 10:10 PM
foar5 is currently offline Click here to Send foar5 a Private Message Find more posts by foar5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i like all his albums
relapse was hot garbage. He hasn't had a great album since Eminem Show... though he set the bar pretty damn high with his first 3.

Originally posted by Thee smit
WHAT!

Jay-Z is not proper rap, non of todays music has any decent rap artists tbh.
erm you are clearly not a music head.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 02:21 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I tried to give Eminem a chance or two, and for me his "being offensive just for the sake of being offensive," "without having any substance behind it" schtick got old really quick. Yeah, he has some catchy tunes, but they get old, too. I'm not a fan.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sackofpotatos33

Eminem is the best rapper ever! And for the people saying I don't like rap so eminem sucks! Well so do I but eminem is my fave he sings about his life. About how much he loves his daughter. And about how he is sick and tierd of his haters. I love eminem and I listen to rock music. Eminem puts his heart and soul into what he does and I respect him for that. Yea in his old songs he sang about how he wants to kill Kim for cheating on him but do you ****ing blame him? I mean Kim is still around isn't she? He loved Kim and cheated on her too. But he was 18 which I get isn't an accuse but that was sooo long ago that he did that. He actually loved Kim she just did him wrong and he couldn't take it anymore so he wrote a song about Kim. There are so many rappers who rap about getting the girl or money or even bling. And eminem doesn't rap like that. Im proud of you em good job!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 05:19 AM
Sackofpotatos33 is currently offline Click here to Send Sackofpotatos33 a Private Message Find more posts by Sackofpotatos33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

Hate rap so hate eminem too.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 04:42 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut94
You don't say?

I actually believe Eminem is one of the better rappers, if not among the top ones.

There's always a sob story behind most rappers but I think Eminem's one of the more genuine ones. He definitely has some great tunes, some of the songs do get old but either way, he's a great entertainer. He delivers some great performances, some of his lyrics are incredibly strong and hold so much meaning to them. Vulgarity isn't an issue with me because I personally don't care for censorship. It can be argued that he could rap without the vulgarity but personally, I think the vulgarity brings about that raw emotion that's present in most of his personal songs.

I just sit back and enjoy his music. I'm not a huge fan, I don't know all of his songs but I do know quite a lot and I can relate to some of his stuff. So he's good in my books.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 04:59 PM
juggernaut94 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut94 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

He's probably the best mainstream rapper.

But in the underground scene, it's a different story.
Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Rahzel, MF DOOM, Phi Life Cypher, Del The Funky Homosapien, etc.
He'd get slaughtered lyrically.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on May 28th, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2012 12:12 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It all depends on your tastes I guess. IMO, I think lyrically, he own most people, and definitely the ones rapping now. i'm not sure where some people got that he raps about bling all the time. Most of the stuff I've heard from him, on his own albums, have not been about money at all. Just the things he is thinking, which I found much more interesting then bling songs. Plus, the way he delivers his lyrics, again, in my opinion, seem to show much forethought into the music he is rapping to, as well as emphasizing the lyrics he wants to stand out. It's the same reason i like people like Nas, Tupac, and Mos def.

Old Post May 29th, 2012 02:02 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hiphoplover8

Well, lately he has change his attitude quite a bit (you can hear it in the voice), but his flow is sick as it was before. Don;t get me wrong, he's still the best in the game. I wonder why he changed his stile so much tho? Any ideas?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 06:35 AM
hiphoplover8 is currently offline Click here to Send hiphoplover8 a Private Message Find more posts by hiphoplover8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
He's probably the best mainstream rapper.

But in the underground scene, it's a different story.
Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Rahzel, MF DOOM, Phi Life Cypher, Del The Funky Homosapien, etc.
He'd get slaughtered lyrically.
i disagree completely... eminem in his prime beats any of those rappers. well, to be fair i'm not familiar with rahzel or phi life cypher but the rest of them im pretty well acquainted with.

this net cliche that underground rappers are superior by default is really tiring. they might be superior to your average mtv phenomenon but i'd put eminem up there with the best. i wouldn't say the same for immortal technique. dude's mediocre at best.

Last edited by red g jacks on Jun 15th, 2012 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 07:20 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by hiphoplover8
Well, lately he has change his attitude quite a bit (you can hear it in the voice), but his flow is sick as it was before. Don;t get me wrong, he's still the best in the game. I wonder why he changed his stile so much tho? Any ideas?

Just one, he can evolve instead of rapping about the the same tired mess over and over. Another reason why he is probably the best there is right now and will probably be regarded as one of the greatest ever.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:18 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by red g jacks
i disagree completely... eminem in his prime beats any of those rappers. well, to be fair i'm not familiar with rahzel or phi life cypher but the rest of them im pretty well acquainted with.

this net cliche that underground rappers are superior by default is really tiring. they might be superior to your average mtv phenomenon but i'd put eminem up there with the best. i wouldn't say the same for immortal technique. dude's mediocre at best.

Couldn't agree more.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:18 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It sure is, and it shows how much better Em is than Wayne.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 02:19 AM