KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Ronald Weasley/Rupert Grint [merged]

Ronald Weasley/Rupert Grint [merged]
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

Okay...Ron is a good character. And I think they did an awesome job casting him. I think Rupert (the perosn who plays ron) is a very good actor, when Ruperts voice breaks I think it's cute and completes the character. I don't think Rupert is like that in real life! Ron's character is not wimpy all the time!
By the way, I agree that Daniel and Tom wouldn't be called hott if they weren't in movies. They aren't ugly but they're definetly not hott. I think they look a little too young to be hott anyway.

Why is it so small?
ttyl byez!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 10:05 PM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MoonChild
Moon Dancer

Love

whoa ppl i think some of us on this message board need some anger management......1st of all the books are ALWAYS better than the movies ESPECIALLY harry potter.....the acting in the movies isnt the greatest but the actor that played ron did a GREAT job in the second movie!!!! i thought his facial expressions were really great!!! and i also thought he was adorable!!!! so stick out tongue to anyone who thinks other wise!! hehe also what is with the "oh if they werent famous they'd be dorks" now dont u have nerve!!!! just curious but what would ppl say about u??? oh and fyi dorks are hot ...."people who are different change the world, people who are the same keep it that way" .......

rolling on floor laughing "where is the love?" rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 11:05 PM
MoonChild is currently offline Click here to Send MoonChild a Private Message Find more posts by MoonChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lime
Citrus Flavour

this message are for harry potter fans so why are you critising the movies and books duh

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 11:09 PM
Lime is currently offline Click here to Send Lime a Private Message Find more posts by Lime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dulcie
Little Miss Know-It-All

Let him be. He's cute.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:26 PM
Dulcie is currently offline Click here to Send Dulcie a Private Message Find more posts by Dulcie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

the only person that i don't really like in harry potter is harry potter and there mogonigul scuzz spellings she annoys me

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:30 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kittypuff

I think the Ron character is darling and spot on! Rupert's characterizations were pretty much what the goofy dork character called for. I think he's just sweet, and NOOOOO I'm not a young girl with a school age crush! I'm not young at all in fact....tht's beside the point. The books and movies are obviously good enough to keep people reading these posts...and for those people that don't like Ron's character and face, etc...that seems like a personal problem. it is no reflection on his true talent, but only a reflection of the fact that you personally find him annoying. I PERSONALLY can't find anything good about many actors, that doesn't keep them from making a big buck at the box office! lol

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:12 PM
kittypuff is currently offline Click here to Send kittypuff a Private Message Find more posts by kittypuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i think hes sweet to

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:13 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

rupert grint is good as ron. he acts like ron perfectly. i think no 1 can b ron like him. besides, the whole "if he wasnt famous and he was walking down the street, they wouldnt think he's hot", that's untrue. they would think he's hot but it isnt burned in their minds.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:46 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

Whoever hates the actor who plays Ron in the movies because of the way he looks, speaks, and act is a VERY CYNICAL PERSON. Duh. That's why it's "acting."

Besides, I personally think Rupert Grint is the only best thing that ever happened in the Harry Potter movies.

Enough said.

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:40 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

i'm in phoes side!!! ron rocks!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 05:53 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

I agree with Phoenix, Celestial_Moon, Shanie and all Ron/Rupert supporters.

Ron is my most favorite character in the book, coz he is the most real. I know a lot of guys, many male friends who are very much like him and can easily identify with him. They are the guys I love to hang around with bcoz they are genuine and funny, they are fun to be with, no dull moment when they're around.

I think Ron's shining moment in the series is in book 4, when Harry threw a "Potter Stinks" badge at him and hit him in the forehead. Harry thought that Ron would hit him back when he walked past Ron going up the stairs, and Harry actually wished Ron would do so, but Ron just stood there "in his too small pajamas" -- and this made Harry feel worse. I was in tears when I read this part.

Its true what Hermione said, Ron is in a lot of pressure to prove himself at par with his superior older brothers (Bill and Percy were Head Boy, Charlie the best griffindor quidditch seeker during his year at Hogwarts), all his belongings are hand-me-downs, then his best friends are rich and famous Harry Potter and Hermione the brightest witch of her age-- BUT HE PUTS UP WITH ALL OF IT.

He often says everything he owns is rubbish, but he loves and cares a lot about and give importance to everything he has-- he fights for his mother and father, his brothers, Ginny, he loves his pets Scabbers and Pigwidgeon, and will die for Harry and Hermione (remember the wizard's chess moment in SS).

AND RUPERT GRINT IS THE BEST ACTOR TO PLAY HIM. From the 1st movie SS, til the recent PoA, he has always been at least 3 steps ahead of Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson in terms of acting talent -- he is the most natural in his role. Rupert is also the most down-to-earth of the trio-- ang I'm declaring war against anybody who tries to bring him (that's both Ron and Rupert) down!

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Last edited by Joy2dWorld on Jun 4th, 2004 at 09:29 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 09:23 AM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

oh, I'm sorry if I offend anybody... i dont mean to, I just wanted to express how much I love Ron's character in the series coz he's very much like many of my boy-friends, and Rupert Grint coz, for me, he's the only one who delivers "satisfactorily" what is expected of him in the films-- breathe life into Ron's character, as JKR envisioned him to be.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 09:46 AM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

thank u jow2dworld. i agree. rupert grint is excellent as ron. he had perfect timing, everything was just very good.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 12:13 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

Ya Rupert is the perfect Ron, n if he was walkin down the street i'd think he was cute now, when he was younger he was just a little boy actor with lots of talent and he did a great job portraying Ron, but now he grew up, and he grew into his looks, same goes for Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy and Dan Radcliffe/Harry, they were all cute little kids with great talent and they were all good portrayels of their characters, but then they grew up and into their looks, much like many people do when they become teenagers, and besides dorks r hot
in my final words i will leave u w/

RON/RUPERT ROCK!!!!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:20 PM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! YEAH YOU GO JOY2DWORLD!!!!!! laughing I love that part in the 4th book too! OMG!!! Ron really puts up with everything!!! LOL!!! And YES, DEFINITELY! Rupert is like always at least 3-steps ahead of Emma and Dan... He's very natural when it comes to his character!

As I said in the previous post;

Besides, I personally think Rupert Grint is the only best thing that ever happened in the Harry Potter movies.

Hehe... So true!!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:37 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elondra
Punk Princess

Yeah I totally agree with you Joy2dworldsmile

I do like that Ron kid from harry potter and I think he's one of the best child actors in the film. He performance is great compared to the multi-talentless Dan and Emma. Daniel cannot act. But Emma is improving which is good to see. Seriously Rupert is the perfect Ron and i think he portrays and plays the character perfect.

And Rupert was the only actor to get another role in a movie. ( I'll ignore Dan's Tailor of Panama one)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:17 PM
Elondra is currently offline Click here to Send Elondra a Private Message Find more posts by Elondra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Re: who dosent like that ron kid from harry potter

quote:
Originally posted by DeNiro
Ok i have seen both harry potter movies they where pretty good i liked em but i hated that ron kid in the movie the red head dork acts like a *** and he is a wimp. for the whole movie u look at this dorky kid with cheeks that look like he has a shit load of food in em. not to mention his most incridiably annoying squeaky voice. i mean he must be a good actor to land any movie but still i dont like em is there any one else that thinks the same???

laughing im laughing my ass of here!

joy2daworld---why do you say SS

sorcerors stone confused did they rename the book that over there too?

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:27 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

wtf (not what why wink ) do sum of you hate ron? ron is awesome!.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 10:16 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mystifier
Peaceful Moment

Rupert is the best actor of the three! (Dan, Em and ofc himself) He plays his character, Ron, good I think. I don't think Dan or Emma were the best actors for their parts. For me they don't portray Harry or Herm at all. no They should have got someone else for their parts. erm

..Gotta..Cut away, clear away..Slip away and sever this..Umbilical residue..

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:29 AM
Mystifier is currently offline Click here to Send Mystifier a Private Message Find more posts by Mystifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone who'll listen to me. DANIEL RADCLIFFE CANNOT ACT. That's the biggest reason he bothers me. He's being complimented like WHOA, and I can't see why.. He looks constipated half the time he's supposed to be angry/upset. LOL!!! He doesn't play his character naturally, that's why he looks constipated. Heh...

Emma is indeed improving...

Rupert is still the best thing that ever happened in the HP movies!

quote:
Originally posted by Elondra
Daniel cannot act. But Emma is improving which is good to see. Seriously Rupert is the perfect Ron and i think he portrays and plays the character perfect.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:49 AM