KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The New Robin

The New Robin
Started by: CrazyEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

The New Robin

I was looking at www.dccomics.com this afternoon and came across this intresting piece of information...

BATGIRL artist Damion Scott signs on as new regular series artist just in time for Batman's search for a new Robin! Tim Drake has given up the mantle once held by Dick Grayson and the late Jason Todd. Now Batman must find a new teen hero to wear the cape. But who will be his choice? It's a decision that will affect the DC Universe for years to come!

Attachment: new robin.jpg
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:37 PM
CrazyEyes is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyEyes a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i love timmy?!!!!!!what happened to him?!!!!!!they can't do this!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:39 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I actually have the comic in front of me (126, if anybody cares). I'll miss Tim, but maybe (I suppose this is a spoiler, even though you've just seen her picture, so...) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stephanie Brown will prove to be a suitable replacement; we'll have to wait and see.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 10:37 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

what that hell is that?!...that doesnt even look like a human being....it looks like one of those troll dolls with the goofy hair.....there makin the next robin look like troll??....help me jebus!!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 11:42 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Batman: "That homemade costume won't do. And we may have to do something about your hair."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 12:02 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Maybe Joker can kill this Robin and bring Tim back.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 04:14 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Batman: "That homemade costume won't do. And we may have to do something about your hair."

HAHA!I LOVE BATSY! big grin
but i still think the idea sucks!i adore timmy!!!!!!!!!i was just getting used to him when they go and replace him! why'd they do that?!it wasn't as if they were desperate for new characters!?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 04:14 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

quote:
Originally posted by Joker1237
Maybe Joker can kill of this Robin and bring Tim back.

OH I HOPE SO! mad

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 04:15 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Tim ruled, why are they replacing him? WHY GODDAMMIT?? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:38 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Shocked Robin: the GIRL wonder.

What does everyone think of the new female Robin that's supposed to be taking Timmy Drake's place?I am absolutely appalled by the idea. Female butt-kicking is supposed to come from Batgirl's side in the Batman universe. And Timmy was a wonderfull, adorable character, I don't see why were they so desperate to kick him off the comics!! mad This is plain stupid! miffed

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:17 AM
Joker1237

If I recall this is not the first female Robin, I think there was one in the gap of Dick and Jason, But no one knows what happen to her. Think her name is Cindy or something like that

Attachment: joker3.jpg
This has been downloaded 94 time(s).

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:11 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

why did Tim Drake leave?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:51 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

I'm not sure, but I think his parents found out that he was Robin and did not approve.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 01:56 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Too early to tell. She was an okay character before she became Robin, I thought, but a lot of fans seemed not to like her.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 02:50 PM
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

I can see what DC is trying to do by making the next Robin a woman but COME ON.

Tim Drake was and still is my favorite Robin of all time.

I for one would like to know more about this girls background. Parents murdered? Secret martial arts training? Kid off the street? What? What really pisses me off is that she's wearing Tim's costume. At least to make it appeal to die-hard Robin fans y having her wear Robin's first costume. Yes. His VERY first costume. You see were I'm going with this.

Also, what the hell is going to happen to Drake now?

Is he gett'n his own series now as some different super hero? Or are they just dropping him completely?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:45 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
House of Jade

Don't think its a great idea.....but if others like it, then its fine.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 06:20 PM
House of Jade is currently offline Click here to Send House of Jade a Private Message Find more posts by House of Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

The "other" female robin was Carrie Kelly - the Robin in frank Millers "The Dark Knight Returns." Not only was she the first and best female robin - she's been the only Robin male or female that hasn't been a pointless waste of space.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 07:11 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hostile
Horribly Addictive

I've been reading so many transgender comic fan fics recently that the idea of a female Robin seems almost normal laughing

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 10:14 PM
Hostile is currently offline Click here to Send Hostile a Private Message Find more posts by Hostile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote