KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel vs DC The Battles

Marvel vs DC The Battles
Started by: Magee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

i tihnk batman would kill punisher prep time or no prep time....he's too smart if he can outsmart the whole justice league he can outsmart the punisher, and batman is no slouch in hand to hand combat neither

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:54 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

ok, i just showed you that Punisher can take out the Marvel Universe, and you still think Batman can kill him easily, just by outsmarting him? it takes some brains and research to find out how to kill all those heroes and villains.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:13 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

If I may? wink

The "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" was written by Garth Ennis, correct? He HATES heroes. Get my drift...? I would not interpret that as The Punisher being ABLE to take out the Marvel Universe. More like IF he could, this is how it could be done...

Punisher also tangled with Wolverine a few times (two that I recall). Call it a draw the first time. Second time? Wolverine gave it to him.

If drawing a comparison between Hitman, Lobo and Batman...yes, Lobo broke Batman's back, but that is not really fair considering Batman had spent most of his energy chasing down the inhabitants of Arkham Asylum.

With or without prep time, I would vote for Batman.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 04:59 AM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

I pretty much 100% go along with that. Im never to thorough in my post's but thats exactly how "what if" PKTMU should be interpreted.
If punisher was inteding on killing the marvel universe thats how it could be done. but Im sure if he tried by the time he killed two genuine hero's every body would be out for his head

and by Lobo I ment you have this insanely powerfull psycho who gave superman a run for his money "how I dont know, I was never really impressed by Lobo" and Hitman makes him look like a complete fool.
put it this way it has somthing to do with Lobo a guy in a dress and a video tape.

pretty much I was trying to get across a well laid battle plan can go a long way. of course Bat's is THEE strategist with prep time, I think with out prep-time Punisher can think lighter on his feet strategy wise. but thats just my theory

and have you read the new Punisher Never? number 16 I think.....
Punisher evens the score with Wolvie. I thought It was a decent read conisdering Marvels "new mature readers" thing.

it's up in the free section of http://dotcomics.marvel.com/menu_fl...flash_version=6

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 05:15 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Where's the Nimrod vs Amazo match?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 05:19 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Never
If I may? wink

The "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" was written by Garth Ennis, correct? He HATES heroes. Get my drift...? I would not interpret that as The Punisher being ABLE to take out the Marvel Universe. More like IF he could, this is how it could be done...

Punisher also tangled with Wolverine a few times (two that I recall). Call it a draw the first time. Second time? Wolverine gave it to him.

If drawing a comparison between Hitman, Lobo and Batman...yes, Lobo broke Batman's back, but that is not really fair considering Batman had spent most of his energy chasing down the inhabitants of Arkham Asylum.

With or without prep time, I would vote for Batman.

of course, i know that. that's why i stated that it was out of continuity blah blah blah...it was still a great comic.

Lobo broke Batman's back? i thought that was Bane...? actually, im pretty sure it was Bane, i saw the cover to the comic recently, but havent read it yet.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 07:12 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

oh dude. Wolverine got his face blown off. and they're all midgets? nice. laughing

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 07:30 AM
tkitna

I agree with most of Austinzillas list too, but I think Plasticman takes Reed Richards (I know, probably the least important matchup). I just think Plastic Man has abilitys that far surpass Mr.Fantastic. Richards can stretch, but Plastic Man can contort into some mind bending manners. I've read a few times that there was a JLA book in which Batman whispered to Superman something to the affect of "You know he could kill us all, dont you?". I will look for the issue number and exact quote later. Definatly not a favorite character of mine and i've never read much with him in it, but the possibilities could be endless.

I also agree with Never that Batman takes the Punisher regardless of prep time. Better fighter, better preperation, better gadgets, better everything in my opinion. Castle could get lucky though.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 08:08 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

The Hulk can smashed Wonder Woman.because if Wonder Woman can pulled her roped to the Hulk.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:16 PM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by tkitna
I agree with most of Austinzillas list too, but I think Plasticman takes Reed Richards (I know, probably the least important matchup). I just think Plastic Man has abilitys that far surpass Mr.Fantastic. Richards can stretch, but Plastic Man can contort into some mind bending manners. I've read a few times that there was a JLA book in which Batman whispered to Superman something to the affect of "You know he could kill us all, dont you?". I will look for the issue number and exact quote later. Definatly not a favorite character of mine and i've never read much with him in it, but the possibilities could be endless.

I also agree with Never that Batman takes the Punisher regardless of prep time. Better fighter, better preperation, better gadgets, better everything in my opinion. Castle could get lucky though.

You obviously did not factor in Richards' most important asset. HIS BRAIN. He is a genius and will not fall for any stupid trick Plastic Man comes up with. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...+vs+plastic+man

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 03:54 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMfan
and by Lobo I ment you have this insanely powerfull psycho who gave superman a run for his money "how I dont know, I was never really impressed by Lobo" and Hitman makes him look like a complete fool.

pretty much I was trying to get across a well laid battle plan can go a long way. of course Bat's is THEE strategist with prep time, I think with out prep-time Punisher can think lighter on his feet strategy wise. but thats just my theory

and have you read the new Punisher Never? number 16 I think.....
Punisher evens the score with Wolvie. I thought It was a decent read conisdering Marvels "new mature readers" thing.

it's up in the free section of http://dotcomics.marvel.com/menu_fl...flash_version=6

UGGGGH...I fugged up the names. BANE broke Batman's back, not Lobo - and yes, Lobo was SICK. Hitman did that to him? I am not familiar with Hitman, but in the JLA vs. Avengers crossover roll eyes (sarcastic) Lobo was taken down by the Shi'ar (sp) legion, I think? It was after a LONG fight and he killed quite a few. Then there was an Authority crossover when he simply laughed at their God and slaughtered The Authority (that's my squad), if I recall correctly...yeah yeah, in his old incarnation (I think they downgraded him?) he would multiply if one drop of blood was shed. This the guy we are using?

And I am starting to wonder if Batman is peerless with prep time. I am no longer certain. Dr. Doom defeated Silver Surfer with prep. Black Panther devised a battle plan to defeat Galactus (which is why I kept saying "don't sleep on Black Panther" a few months ago). Even Iron Man has a pretty deep pool of resources from which to draw. Maybe he is almost peerless in the DCU (save Darkseid), but Marvel has some pretty damn good strategists themselves.

Will have to check out that Punisher. In the issue where Wolverine laid him out...well, I cheated a little bit big grin The author was a tad annoyed that ANOTHER writer let Punisher stalemate Wolverine, so his story arc had Wolverine touch him up pretty nicely.

Do people realize how OFTEN this happens in comics? I hate when it does considering it can totally skew our perspectives of a character's fighting ability.

We can now agree to disagree on battles without 10 page flamefests, yes Venomfan? wink

Arachnoid (I got the name right THIS time...finally), agreed that Mr. Fantastic is one of the most brilliant men in the Marvel Universe, but most often that is away from the battlefield, right? I'd have to do some heavy research on his strategic ability in the heat of the moment WHILE fighting (we know he can come up with plans when allowed to sit and think - for example, creating a way to channel energy (Human Torch, Photon (Captain Marvel then) to Iron Man to blast out in Secret Wars #4), but is he good at thinking on his feet while fighting, a la Captain America?

Last edited by Never on Jun 6th, 2004 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 04:35 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Richards thinking on his feet...well i assume he can do it, because i've read that he is constantly observing and analyzing his surroundings, its just the way he thinks. he doesnt stop thinking about science and analyzing things for a moment, whether he is in battle or not...but as always, i have to go digging through my crates to find the comic.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 05:05 PM
tkitna

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
You obviously did not factor in Richards' most important asset. HIS BRAIN. He is a genius and will not fall for any stupid trick Plastic Man comes up with. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...+vs+plastic+man

Granted, and I dont want to get into a great debate about it, but Reed usually needs a bit of that old prep time to use his brain. He has his moments, but for the most part, from all of the FF comics i've read over the years, he seems to be the whipping boy when they go into battle. Again, I dont claim to be a great Plastic Man fan or authority, but I do find him interesting. I just recently read that he's not even human anymore (dont know the extent of that) and that he actually laid in pieces on the ocean floor for a extended period of time. Pretty wild powers. Reed has limits and i'm wondering if Plastic Man does not. Whatever, no big deal.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 01:42 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Never

We can now agree to disagree on battles without 10 page flamefests, yes Venomfan? wink

I suppose. I wasnt really going full throttle for Frank anyhow. I just think he had a signifacant chance of winning

and about Lobo, yeah it's that crazy guy who cant be killed and is uber strong. and Hitman is thee diet coke*I love that term* of Punisher.

but he literally made Lobo look Handicapped. basically he LET Lobo kill the mafia guys who were chasing Hitman and after he finished them off Hitman lured Lobo into a junkyard and dropped a giant magnet on him, while he was dazed some events took place that when Lobo tried to get even Hitman threatend to show the tape to the JLA and Lobo nearly wet himself and left.

the whole issue is available here
http://www.shwiggie.com/hitman/hm-lobo/

Last edited by Marcellus on Jun 7th, 2004 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 01:53 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

i get the feeling that Garth Ennis portrayed Lobo wrongly, just because he is more of a fan of the assasin/gunner type heros. what confuses me, is that Lobo IS an assasin/gunner. why exaggerate his arrogance? Lobo does not walk into bars and let the whole building know he is there. he is arrogant to people who are talking to him, but he doesnt start shit for no reason. Lobo is the bully when people are keeping him from what he wants, i.e. he was an a$$hole in heaven(Lobo's Back mini series) simply because he wanted to get home. Lobo is the type of character who just doesn't care enough about other people to start fights for nothing. Now, if someone where to start a fight with him(which is what usually happens) he will be arrogant and go into the whole "Lobo is th' Main Man! You can't kill me! I'm a fraggin' bastich!" speech.

Ennis is a great Punisher writer, but i hate the way is is biased.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:19 AM
tkitna

Just my personal opinion and a little bit of a thread breaker, but that Punisher #16 book kind of sucked. I realize that it got its point across with the Punisher having Wolverine on the ropes, but theres a few things that didnt sit right with me.

1st- The shotgun blast to the face. Funny how Wolverines entire face is gone, but yet his eyes are still intact. Does Wolverine have admantium eyelids too? Small pick, but a little realism would be nice.

2nd- Wolverine just got his face blown off and yet he takes a baseball bat smack to the nads and is down for the count. I've seen the character take alot worse than that and shrug it off. Writers choice I suppose.

3rd- The story itself was interesting, but the ending blew it. A bunch of sawed off gangsters gathering to take the Punisher and Wolverine? It just turned into a Lobo comic at that point.

Oh well. I guess the point was made.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 07:01 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Realism...in comic books....yea that'll happen.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 10:08 AM
techdude50

batman will lose to the punisher!!! the punisher is faster, and can kill anyone, besides, batman wouldn't have the bat-computer with him in a fight, he would run away and use the computer, he would never reach the cave, punisher has perfect aim, batman would die!!!!!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 09:58 PM
techdude50 is currently offline Click here to Send techdude50 a Private Message Find more posts by techdude50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Plus, batman has been around for about 80 years (or something like that). He is only a human, with no special powers, so he would be way too old to fight now.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 11:20 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

80 years?? Batman was created in the 40s. besides that, in every comic he is basically the same age, characters dont get older. havent you noticed? Punisher and Batman are about the same age.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 11:26 PM