KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Tour de France

Tour de France
Started by: XjulieX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

I must agree with julie, it's rediculous... "oh no! there is lance, lets break pace now" no expression

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 06:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
Originally posted by XjulieX
I'll be honest here, I don't like Armstrong and I never will...

every1 bows for him... runners, not even from his team wait for him when he's got a prob; djeezes... his victories are given to him

It's customary for the peloton to wait for the yellow jersey if he falls. This isn't just done for Armstrong, but whoever holds the yellow jersey. So, learn the facts before you start spouting nonsense that you heard on sports talk radio.

As for his victories being 'given to him' I seriously doubt that anyone of the people on the other teams would say, "hey, I'll just let this guy win". No way, Ullrich has been working for 5, now 6, years to beat him and hasn't been able to; Armstrong is the most dominant Tour de France rider, if not ever, then definately of this generation. (Not the best bike rider ever, that obviously is Eddy Merckx).

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 04:47 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XjulieX
Hugh's curse

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
It's customary for the peloton to wait for the yellow jersey if he falls. This isn't just done for Armstrong, but whoever holds the yellow jersey. So, learn the facts before you start spouting nonsense that you heard on sports talk radio.

he wasn't wearing the yellow jersey at the time they did that.

hey you don't know me so don't judge. me I've been following cycling since I was little. I do it myself, so don't say I'm talking nonsense here. I ain't judging you, so I'd like it if you'd do the same. And I don't listen to the radio, I actually see it live, thank you very much.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 09:47 PM
XjulieX is currently offline Click here to Send XjulieX a Private Message Find more posts by XjulieX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

oh, then you know that when Ullrich fell, Lance stopped the peloton and waited for Ullrich to get up. So it's not like they only did it for Lance; it's not only the yellow jersey, but any of hte competitors.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:31 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XjulieX
Hugh's curse

yeah I know that. but you're missing my whole point smile

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:07 PM
XjulieX is currently offline Click here to Send XjulieX a Private Message Find more posts by XjulieX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Was watching this today and it was worth it just for the crashes, the cyclist who did a sumersault into a fence in this one carried on and got the dotted jersey and red number for most active cyclist, no wonder pulling a stung like this.

Oh and French drivers, lets not mention thatsmile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 06:56 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote