KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New "Sci Fi Movies" Franchise Forum?

Anyone in favor for a "Sci Fi Franchises" Section?
This poll is closed.
Definately 5 29.41%
Maybe 4 23.53%
Not Sure 1 5.88%
No 7 41.18%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

New "Sci Fi Movies" Franchise Forum?
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kes
Philie

Problem, the same with the Horror movies, these days a movie isnt just horror or Sci-fi so its a ***** to know which ones to keep or move to the other forum. A sci-fi forum, IMO, is not necessary.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:19 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

You can discuss sci-fi in the general movie discussion if you absolutely must.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 11:14 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Why would Horror and Comic Books movies get special treatment, and one of Cinema's largest genres of all time not get one?

Logans Run
Enemy Mine
Tron
Dune
Star Wars
The Last Starfighter
Terminator Franchise
Predator Franchise
The 6th Day
Judge Dredd
12 Monkeys
The 5th Element
Planet of the Apes

I could go on and on as to how many Sci Fi movies there are that would support and nuture a potential HUGE Sci Fi section!

And like I said before, had you guys read, threads pertaining to these movies will never get appreciated because of so much random CRAP that FLOODS the "General Movie Discussion" , that they will all get bogged down with polls, duplicate topic posts, "Vs" threads, and whatever else there is everyday clogging bandwidth.

I will even go as far to say that it would be in the boards best interest to open this section, because it will accomodate an even more vast array of board members, and probably play into their loyalty.

To have a section dedicated to Comic Book movies, which there are about 5 MAYBE 6 good examples of said genre in todays market, and NOTHING for Science Fiction is just mindboggling.

Would a section like this be harmful? No. Would it be useful, resourceful, and insure loyalty amongst board members, new and old? Yes!

I don't see how anyone could actually be against this. If it doesn't effect you, please don;t vote unless you have an honestly legitimate reason for your vote, other than "You can talk about it the General Movie Discussion section". Because it deserves more than that.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:10 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Horror movies get their own forum because when discussing horror films, usually naughty things are discussed (death, rape and all that nusty stuff). Plus when the horror forum was made, horror movies were very popular around here and they were clogging up the movie discussion forum.

The comic book movies are always more of the same, they are really popular and dominated the movie discussion forum.

Sci fi movies in all honesty, aren't that popular, and don't have very man threads dedicated too them. That's why I don't think a whole forum is necessary. It would be pretty dead I think.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

..and like I said, we'll never know until we were to give it a try. Is it because it's mostly kids on here, and Sci Fi isn't "cool enough"?

I must come from the old school message boards, where we respect Sci Fi as roots.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:53 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I have nothing against the sci fi genre, I love many of those movies. But I have no problem discussing them in threads created in the general movie discussion forum. And I don't think it's necessary to create a whole forum for them. Now, if they were like the horror threads months back, and comic books movies in popularity, then I would be for this forum. I just don't think that's the case.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

At my request, will someone close the thread and poll? I feel like Howard Dean here, getting all amped up only to lose.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 02:56 AM
BackFire

closed

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:22 AM