KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Question Shatterpoint

OK this is the book that just came out. It's set between EP2 and EP 3. Anyone read this yet? If so spill please.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 03:34 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just out? you mean in paperback then?

yeah, read it... at first it didn't strike me as pure star wars with Mace being a bit too arrogant... but all in all, a fairly good book that focus on emotions too

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 10:17 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

yeah I meant in paperback. So is this all about Mace? He was on the cover of hte book I saw.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 12:20 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

oh..read it when it came out....
all about amce, and his adventure in the problems of his home planet. (civil war, etc..)
i liked it especially because he showed the badass part of mace in it..but not as much as to go over his training. Has some wannabe philosophical parts in it....which kind of drives you somewhat out of the sw universe...but i guess it's ok.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: it's weird to see jedi master mace windu kicked around by a wolfman wink..or whatever that was...even if it was in his plan

also, offtopic....why do you (jedi priestess) have that text in your sig..when anakin doesn't have a father

Last edited by Dexx on Jul 4th, 2004 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

LOL why is that that so few "get" my sig?
"I am a Jedi like my father before me" was Luke's line to the Emporer on ROTJ.
My sig is symbolic of that. It shows Anakin as a Jedi.......before the bad things that are to come.
Thats why this is my favorite of all my sigs cause it makes you think, you get the sense of foreshadowing.

Sometimes ya gotta read between the lines and think outside the box big grin

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jul 4th, 2004 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:52 PM
yerssot

I got it the first time happy

and dexx pretty much placed the finger right on it: it doesn't always feel star wars

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 07:00 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
and dexx pretty much placed the finger right on it: it doesn't always feel star wars

drat, not much point in buying it then. Do you know anyone if they are going to release a book pertaining to Obi-Wan and Anakin during the clone wars?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 07:30 PM
Dexx
wingless

not that i know of....but they pwobably will.

funny thing is..i bought the stinkin shattepoint when it came out....the big book..with $30 mad.....only to see it a couple of weeks ago...with &2.5 ...i mean...stupid me.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you are dexx wink

well, I believe The Cestus Deception is with OB1 & Anakin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 08:12 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Ah did a little research.....theres one called Jedi Trial coming out in Oct. smile

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 08:52 PM
yerssot

hmmm, haven't heard of it, gotta check it out

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 08:54 PM
Dexx
wingless

*sighs*...i think i've already read too many star wars books for a life time. If shatterpoint is among the best..imagine the rest of 'em wink

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 02:36 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/200...ws20031010.html

thats the link about Jedi Trial this says November tho sad

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 03:38 AM
yerssot

hope that's a good one

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 10:12 AM
Dexx
wingless

sounds nice....maybe i'll read it...though i've never heard of the authors...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 12:17 PM
Dexx
wingless

sounds nice....maybe i'll read it...though i've never heard of the authors...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 12:17 PM
yerssot

you haven't heard of them even after your second post? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 12:21 PM
Dexx
wingless

't was an error...a conspiracy meant for the single most dreadful purpose of them all: to duplicate my post

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 12:35 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

i just got this book a little while ago and have read the first couple chapters, but i prefer NJO more. I am not a huge Mace Windu fan. wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:14 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

bleh..njo is ...terrible

in fact..the best of njo (that i've read) is traitor....written by the same guy if i remember correctly.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:30 PM