KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Best Songs About Suicide

Best Songs About Suicide
Started by: fuct_up_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nirvanagrunge

i cut my self a lot...and try to kill myself.....

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 03:15 AM
Nirvanagrunge is currently offline Click here to Send Nirvanagrunge a Private Message Find more posts by Nirvanagrunge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

is it fun?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:10 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

quote:
Originally posted by Nirvanagrunge
i cut my self a lot...and try to kill myself.....
Can I be in your gang?

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:40 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I've thought about suicide a lot. My favourite suicide song would be 'Adam's Song' by Blink 182.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:56 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sieg Wahrheit
Das Eisen

Behind blue eyes by Limp Bizkit. This song made me cry so much.
Bring me to life by Evanescence. She's about to commit suicide by jumping into the window.

Sieg Hart of Rave Master's only love. Wahrheit-kun means it. Steal or hurt him and your demise comes next.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 11:58 AM
Sieg Wahrheit is currently offline Click here to Send Sieg Wahrheit a Private Message Find more posts by Sieg Wahrheit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

I'm not sure if it's a song about suicide, but I did try to cut my wrists while listening to this song on repeat...

Sober -Tool

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 12:45 PM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

wow isnt this thread full of life...

id like to point out here that i have absolutely no respect or pity for ppl who attempt suicide, cowards option...for people too afraid to sort their problems out, thats why i think suicidally based songs are shit aswell

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 01:08 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Well the whole cd Joy Division- Closer... Was basically a suicide not becuase,

1. They're all depressing.
2. The singer killed himself the day it released.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 02:07 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
wow isnt this thread full of life...

id like to point out here that i have absolutely no respect or pity for ppl who attempt suicide, cowards option...for people too afraid to sort their problems out, thats why i think suicidally based songs are shit aswell

have you ever considered that some people try to make things work out, but they just don't? That maybe they have tried for so long and it's jsut too overwhelming?

I'm going to make the assumption that you have never suffered from depression. no expression

I for one have battled depression all of my life and fought against suicidal thoughts for just as long...sometimes you just want to get away from it and there seems like no other options.
My cousin couldn't take it anymore and he took his life... It wasn't his fault. he was a really awesome guy...his mind was just overcome by his depression.
When I saw what his death did to my family i changed things around a little for me. I don't battle with suicidal feelings like I once did, but I still fight depression.

Try to put yourself in other people's shoes before you judge...or disresepct them. As for the music...I'm glad I can have a way to see that someone else understands what I have gone through. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 06:04 PM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
Originally posted by Sieg Wahrheit
Behind blue eyes by Limp Bizkit. This song made me cry so much.

It made me cry also, but only because they desicrated the original version by The Who. Listen to The Who's version, it makes Limp bizkit look like the no talent ass clowns that they are

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 06:08 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

Life Of Agony - River Runs Red

I got the razor at my wrist
'cause I can't resist
I've got this fever burnin' fist
That does as I wish
But when I get downtown
And see what's around
I just know there's got to be
A better place to be found

Oh, God help me

The river runs red and I think I'm dyin'

Well I know there'd come a day
When my mind would say "Hey are you afraid"
Well all I know is that I been down here tryin'
Well, I'll bleed on trough the night
I suppose I'll be dead by the morinig light
So don't be suprised if you mind when you find me

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 08:05 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i dont think suicide is a cowardly choice...its their life let them do what they want with it...as for Evanescence they dont really make any suicidal songs...their songs are sad enough...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 08:31 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah, i don't think that elliott smith or jeff buckley ever wrote a song about suicide, but they have some of the saddest music i have ever heard.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 08:37 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

Well, Evanescence is good for that sort of thing, U2 Numb is good but it's not about killing ya self, more about Drugs (DRUGS CAN KILL)
Blink 182 Adams song

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:33 AM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
i love poop

song

hurt - NIN
adams song - blink
lithium - nirvana

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:48 AM
i love poop is currently offline Click here to Send i love poop a Private Message Find more posts by i love poop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

i prefur to live

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 06:00 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

quote:
Originally posted by Kella
have you ever considered that some people try to make things work out, but they just don't? That maybe they have tried for so long and it's jsut too overwhelming?

I'm going to make the assumption that you have never suffered from depression. no expression

I for one have battled depression all of my life and fought against suicidal thoughts for just as long...sometimes you just want to get away from it and there seems like no other options.
My cousin couldn't take it anymore and he took his life... It wasn't his fault. he was a really awesome guy...his mind was just overcome by his depression.
When I saw what his death did to my family i changed things around a little for me. I don't battle with suicidal feelings like I once did, but I still fight depression.

Try to put yourself in other people's shoes before you judge...or disresepct them. As for the music...I'm glad I can have a way to see that someone else understands what I have gone through. stick out tongue

u've backed up my opinion with this post, nothing more...
your m8, nice as he may have been...was completely selfish, as u said he's hurt every1 in his family because he couldnt face up to sorting out his problems... theres always a way out, just takes a little willpower and the strength to fight through it...nm what the problem is!
life is a gift, not to be thrown away so selfishly, when it can always be pushed back on course.

a person tried to convince me once that his uncle was brave, for kneeling down with his head on a railroad track waiting for a train to come... i think its completely the opposite way round, for him. its was the easier option to completely give up and let himself die, it woulda been alot more brave to stay alive and fight thru his problem!

suicide isnt a personal thing, if you've got friends or family u'll be killing a little part of them when u kill urself... some selfish twats dont seem to realise that

and for the record i havent been thru depression but alot of ppl i know have, and some of them havent come thru it...

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:11 AM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella

Perhaps my cousin was a little selfish to do what he did, but he's in a better place now...I know this for a fact. I'm glad he's happy and my family is glad he's happy.
Watching my friends suffer through depression is one thing...going through it myself is another thing. It's a helpless feeling. It's consuming. It shuts you down. You start to think crazy thoughts. No one can ever really explain it. It's something that has to be experienced to understand.
My Grandfather was like you. He'd never gone through it and he critisized me for suffering with it...for seeing doctors for it...for my mom spending all of that money on therapists when I could just pick myself up and change things for myself. I had to want toget better before I would.
Well...nearly two and a half years ago my Grandpa had a really really bad car accident. He was nearly killed. That was when we discovered that he had a bad heart. Well...he got put on medication for it. The meds he was put on caused depression. He had the choice to live with depression or allow his heart to give out and die. So he chose life.
He learned that some things you simply cannot pick up and make better. He became a different person that whole year. He and I grew closer as he came to understand me better. He had thoughts of disappearing into the night...or taking his life...or walking away from his marriage of 48 years... he went through a lot.
A year after his accident...when he got to actually know all of his family and love all of us for the first time...he died. He died of complications after an open heart surgery. My point is... he spent his whole life critisizing what he didn't understand....then in the last year of his life...he was made to understand...
Now i believe in God and that my grandpa was made to suffer with all the things that he critisized his family for all of his life...kind of a final clarity. That's just my idea.
Not that I want you to suffer with it...I wouldn't wish that on anyone in this world, but if you aren't careful that could jsut happen to you too.

That is all...buh-bye

Last edited by Kella on Oct 10th, 2004 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 03:07 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
u've backed up my opinion with this post, nothing more...
your m8, nice as he may have been...was completely selfish, as u said he's hurt every1 in his family because he couldnt face up to sorting out his problems... theres always a way out, just takes a little willpower and the strength to fight through it...nm what the problem is!
life is a gift, not to be thrown away so selfishly, when it can always be pushed back on course.

a person tried to convince me once that his uncle was brave, for kneeling down with his head on a railroad track waiting for a train to come... i think its completely the opposite way round, for him. its was the easier option to completely give up and let himself die, it woulda been alot more brave to stay alive and fight thru his problem!

suicide isnt a personal thing, if you've got friends or family u'll be killing a little part of them when u kill urself... some selfish twats dont seem to realise that

and for the record i havent been thru depression but alot of ppl i know have, and some of them havent come thru it...

it may be a gift but people should do what they want with it. who the hell are you to tell them what to do? Its hard these days to help people because everyone is short on paitance, common sense, and time. thats how it is. in some cases its for the better. why should they live a pointless life of suffering?(especially all the silly goths out there)Life is to be enjoyed like a fine wine but if it goes sour then whats the point?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 06:53 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis
Evil Man Whore

i dont think that there is a best song about suicide other than old dark symphony pieces make me want to slit my wrists. i'd also like to point out that the dude who started this thread is a loser. anyone who likes good charlotte should not start shitty threads about music they dont even like. tool.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:46 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis is currently offline Click here to Send Spicy_Mchaggis a Private Message Find more posts by Spicy_Mchaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote