KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Best Songs About Suicide

Best Songs About Suicide
Started by: fuct_up_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spicy_Mchaggis
Evil Man Whore

i'd also like to point out that linkin park's breaking the habit isnt a song about suicide its a song about changing the way you treat people. if you'd pay attention for half a second when your not listening to the shit you like to call good charlotte you'd figure out good music from a good band doesnt write a good song about suicide. fuct up kid, your an imperialistic **** who has bad taste in music.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:49 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis is currently offline Click here to Send Spicy_Mchaggis a Private Message Find more posts by Spicy_Mchaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tirekicker
Member of the

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
u've backed up my opinion with this post, nothing more...
your m8, nice as he may have been...was completely selfish, as u said he's hurt every1 in his family because he couldnt face up to sorting out his problems... theres always a way out, just takes a little willpower and the strength to fight through it...nm what the problem is!
life is a gift, not to be thrown away so selfishly, when it can always be pushed back on course.

a person tried to convince me once that his uncle was brave, for kneeling down with his head on a railroad track waiting for a train to come... i think its completely the opposite way round, for him. its was the easier option to completely give up and let himself die, it woulda been alot more brave to stay alive and fight thru his problem!

suicide isnt a personal thing, if you've got friends or family u'll be killing a little part of them when u kill urself... some selfish twats dont seem to realise that

and for the record i havent been thru depression but alot of ppl i know have, and some of them havent come thru it...

How can you be so blindly arrogant? Maybe you haven't realized that some people try to fight... for a long time. Answer this question... what's harder to do, live... or live when every night your whole body is telling you to die except for the part of your body "heart" that wouldn't let you because it wouldn't be able to stand hurting your loved ones. And for awhile that can prevent you from doing something "selfish" as you call it. But it's not like the depression is at a set point, it gets exponentially worse like its adapting to your efforts to stop it. Therapy... even medication hasn't been able to even slow it down for me. And it's not like you need to be under pressure to feel it... it's always there even when the world is perfect around you. My case is like that, I am loved by my family, I go to a great college, I'm doing exceptional and I have a shitload of friends. So... I feel that those that succumb to depression aren't cowards or selfish... they just buckled under the pressure which I've been trying so hard not to do. But you know what... being depressed mentally and physically makes you deteriorate and things that once mattered so much to you only make you hurt more. So please... try and give alittle respect to people who have to go through this disease... which it is. I'm sick of people assuming they understand what you go through and can judge you at a whim. It's not right. Since you have friends that have done this, you are selfish for calling them cowards... you're the coward for not trying to be a real friend and feel sympathy for them.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 07:04 AM
Tirekicker is currently offline Click here to Send Tirekicker a Private Message Find more posts by Tirekicker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spicy_Mchaggis
Evil Man Whore

dude. killing yourself shows that your too ****ing lazy to pop a couple of prozacs and go to the movies with your friends. if your too depressed to do anything, call a friend or a family member. if you consider yourself suicidal just get your mind off of it. killing yourself is probably the dumbest thing ever. the only reason why anyone would want to kill themself is if there helping someone not die or if your being tortured and you die just to make the pain go away. but if its because your mom yells at you or your dad beats you and you have no friends, its called DCF. talk to a counselor at skool or a hospital. if you cant deal with it. i have friends who's dad beat them to a pulp if they did something wrong, did they think about suicide? NO! because they knew it would all be over anyway.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:45 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis is currently offline Click here to Send Spicy_Mchaggis a Private Message Find more posts by Spicy_Mchaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
The ultimate suicide song - "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

yea, i watched that video and had nightmares, it was so intense.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:05 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote:
Originally posted by lightaxe
yea, i watched that video and had nightmares, it was so intense.

laughing out loud you are scared easy arnt you

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:19 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
tbh who cares, songs about suicide suck.....theyre a ploy to make money out of the misery of people who buy the song thinking the band "relates to their problem"

huh

Riiight... I mean... I listen to Iron Maiden cos' I fear the dark and am a devil and stuff...
yeah, and their songs relate to my problems you know smile

Last edited by eezy45 on Oct 19th, 2004 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:04 AM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
How is "Breaking the Habit" about suicide?

Anyways...
Nirvana- Heart-Shaped Box

That's a word... The song totally rocks.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:06 AM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I like "This Jam's For You" by The Afros.

Certainly not pro-suicide--this song always cheers me up when things run afoul.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:09 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kirstyw14
Some Person

I'm gonna throw you a random and 'not very much like the ones you've been talking about' song- Diamond Smiles by Boomtown Rats. It's weird. And it's from the 60s. And it's punk. And I really shouldn't be replying to this thread... lol whistle

Sexual Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt - yum yum

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 04:23 PM
kirstyw14 is currently offline Click here to Send kirstyw14 a Private Message Find more posts by kirstyw14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

DR come on!

RATM Settle for nothing!

I gotta 9, a sign, a set, AND NOW I GOTTA NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:47 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: song

quote:
Originally posted by i love poop
hurt - NIN

Hurt was originally a Johhny Cash song. It was a much better song too.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 03:59 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

Re: Re: song

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>

that song always makes me cry

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 10:32 PM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Re: Re: song

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo

No, Johnny Cash covered it

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:19 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

Originally posted by Solo
Well the whole cd Joy Division- Closer... Was basically a suicide not becuase,

1. They're all depressing.
2. The singer killed himself the day it released.

I'll go with this, although Curtis killed himself a few months before it was released, and 3 days before JD was to begin their first U.S. tour.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:20 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boromir'sQueen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hold On
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:28 AM
Boromir'sQueen is currently offline Click here to Send Boromir'sQueen a Private Message Find more posts by Boromir'sQueen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

thats stopping suicide, either way it still doesnt deserve to be anywhere on the face of this earth.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:41 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

"I Wont See You Tonight Pt 1" and "I Wont See You Tonight Pt 2" by Avenged Sevenfold. The first one espiecially, since it is sang from the standpoint of the person that is killing him/herself

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:41 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kjtama

Angry

[QUOTE=1929530]Originally posted by Df02
[B]tbh who cares, songs about suicide suck.....theyre a ploy to make money out of the misery of people who buy the song thinking the band "relates to their problem"

ok.. you have no idea.. how is feels when someone close to u has commited sucide! so until that happenes i think u should not talk about the problems! they might jsut be trying to make money but hey if it helps ppl.. then good! so y dont u back off... i actually think they r pretty good..a nd actually some songs change ppl's minds about sucide.. so y dont u think bout that for a while.. tehn tell me what u think...actually dont tell me.. czu u seem shallow.. so i dont care what u have to say!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:55 PM
kjtama is currently offline Click here to Send kjtama a Private Message Find more posts by kjtama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kjtama

Originally posted by Spicy_Mchaggis
dude. killing yourself shows that your too ****ing lazy to pop a couple of prozacs and go to the movies with your friends. if your too depressed to do anything, call a friend or a family member. if you consider yourself suicidal just get your mind off of it. killing yourself is probably the dumbest thing ever. the only reason why anyone would want to kill themself is if there helping someone not die or if your being tortured and you die just to make the pain go away. but if its because your mom yells at you or your dad beats you and you have no friends, its called DCF. talk to a counselor at skool or a hospital. if you cant deal with it. i have friends who's dad beat them to a pulp if they did something wrong, did they think about suicide? NO! because they knew it would all be over anyway.

prozac... can actually make ppl feel worse.. instead of helping them.. so dont even go there..

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:58 PM
kjtama is currently offline Click here to Send kjtama a Private Message Find more posts by kjtama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kjtama

Originally posted by kjtama
prozac... can actually make ppl feel worse.. instead of helping them.. so dont even go there..

my best friends dad commited suicide.. and guess what it wasnt cuz he was to lazt to "pop in a prozac" cuz he was taking them.. no one really knows what they are thinking before they do it... so dont assume!!!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 10:00 PM