KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How high can the Juggernaut jump?

How high can the Juggernaut jump?
Started by: vu_Quang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vu_Quang

How high can the Juggernaut jump?

Seriously how that for a bunch of confusing mess in comics. i mean i never seen him jump maybey he can jump like the hulk. or does that gem magic work in such a logical manner. i mean the hulk and juggy both come from marvel, you'd think there'd be some consistancy there.

so what do guys think. you think he dont like jumping but can soar like the hulk?
can jump ten feet?
jump to the top of a building or skyscrapper?

what's your input?

*why is it the hulk has such strong leg muscles but no one else seems to, besides abomination..no Thing, no colossus, etc etc.*

maybe some writer of marvel can clarify this one day or someone from this board. or i should just leave it alone as a weird comic book inaccuracy??

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 01:20 PM
vu_Quang is currently offline Click here to Send vu_Quang a Private Message Find more posts by vu_Quang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

Juggernaut has shown that he can -ATLEAST- jump 50 ft into the air. i'm sure he can't jump as far as hulk, but in every other aspect he has proven that he is just as strong as hulk if not more-so. so there is no reason to think that he doesn't have jumping abilities similar to hulks... but maybe not as developed or a need to.

as for hulk lifting the 150 billion ton mountain does anybody actually own the issue??? i used to but no longer have it. i need some clarification on something.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:22 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by JuggernautFan
Juggernaut has shown that he can -ATLEAST- jump 50 ft into the air. i'm sure he can't jump as far as hulk, but in every other aspect he has proven that he is just as strong as hulk if not more-so. so there is no reason to think that he doesn't have jumping abilities similar to hulks... but maybe not as developed or a need to.

as for hulk lifting the 150 billion ton mountain does anybody actually own the issue??? i used to but no longer have it. i need some clarification on something.

You are borderline fanatic with these "there is no reason to think that he doesn't have jumping abilities similar to Hulk's" comments. He DOESN'T. End of that.

Why does Hulk have such strong leg muscles? I don't know, why does Juggernaut have the gem? Why can Sue Richards create a forcefield? Because they made them that way, maybe?

Juggernaut CANNOT jump NEARLY as high or as far or as QUICKLY as the Hulk. It is NO contest. Hulk has jumped into ORBIT and jumps quickly enough to overtake an ICBM in flight.

I have Secret Wars #4, Juggernautfan. Are you going to AGAIN try to downplay Hulk's abilities?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:28 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

:
: hulk once held up 150
: billion tons...
:

Hulk was only bracing a portion of it and needed leverage to do so as Hulk himself explains when Iron Man asks him how he could possibly be lifting so much. And the "150 billion tons" was just a cover comment. How much he was actually lifting in the book is unknow but he was not lifting the entire mountain range/"150 biliions tons"(if taking the cover literally) as the tale has grown into over the years. He only braced the section over the heroes.

i didn't write this..... but i had found some information on it. please clarify the WHOLE situation if you intend to argue in favor of hulk lifting the entire mountain range. but can you prove that juggernaut doesn't have leaping abilities?? when need be, he has shown that he can jump higher than you and i, or spiderman or wolverine..... has shown. but he hasn't jumped as far as hulk you are right in that aspect. can he jump as far as hulk??? probably not. i agree with that also, but he is strong, and again, there is no reason to think that he can't propel his 900 lbs body into the air for a good distance.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:32 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Christ. What a weak argument.

Let me find a solid steel slat that weighs oh, 7,000 lbs.

Say it is...15 feet long, and...hmm...5 feet wide.

Let me LEAN it on your back (say it's shaped like a door and one side is on the ground). Let you SUPPORT it.

How much of the weight are you "bracing?"

"Needed leverage to do so?" So? Do you know what "leverage" is?

"He only braced the section over the heroes?" LMAO! Hmm, if you dive 7,000 fathoms deep are you being crushed by the weight/pressure of the ocean in the near vicinity? God, another physics reference is in order?

Um, can you "prove" that Juggernaut DOES have leaping abilities? Care to show us where he "jumped at least 50 feet into the air?" How preposterous is this? Well nobody SAID he does not have jumping abilities so he might, right?

Hmm, oddly enough they refer to Hulk's leg muscles and jumping abilities in HIS bio (but nothing in Juggernaut's bio...like his healing factor). I wonder why...?

Well nobody SAID Wolverine could not run as fast as The Flash, but he might be able to, right?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:48 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Never
Christ. What a weak argument.

Let me find a solid steel slat that weighs oh, 7,000 lbs.

Say it is...15 feet long, and...hmm...5 feet wide.

Let me LEAN it on your back (say it's shaped like a door and one side is on the ground). Let you SUPPORT it.

"Needed leverage to do so?" So? Do you know what "leverage" is?

"He only braced the section over the heroes?" LMAO! Hmm, if you dive 7,000 fathoms deep are you being crushed by the weight/pressure of the ocean in the near vicinity? God, another physics reference is in order?

Um, can you "prove" that Juggernaut DOES have leaping abilities? Care to show us where he "jumped at least 50 feet into the air?" How preposterous is this? Well nobody SAID he does not have jumping abilities so he might, right?

Hmm, oddly enough they refer to Hulk's leg muscles and jumping abilities in HIS bio (but nothing in Juggernaut's bio...like his healing factor). I wonder why...?

Well nobody SAID Wolverine could not run as fast as The Flash, but he might be able to, right?

well actually lifting the 7000 lbs would be easier had part of it been laying on the ground, because you wouldn't be lifting the weight entirely. and when you are under water in the ocean....... you are not being crushed by all the water. no submarine on earth would survive that. juggernaut has lept 50 ft into the air to topple the stranger (whom was in the cosmic brigade against the infinity gauntlet) would you like an issue number???? like i said, when needed he has shown abilities, yet you dispute that. the thread is how far can juggernaut jump. i said he can jump -ATLEAST- that far because he has already did it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 05:53 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote:

I have it somewhere. What do you want to know ?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:09 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

just the part when they are under the mountain. the dialect between the heroes. that's what i want to know..... if you want to take time out to post it up.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:11 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

What...?

So what portion/percentage of the ocean ARE you being crushed by ( you are saying what Hulk lifted was only that which was directly above him - wrong. the ENTIRE WEIGHT of the mountain was weighing on him, not just that which was above him. If you removed a good portion of earth from under a mountain it would not simply shift DOWNWARD (straight down), it would also shift DIAGONALLY downward)? Let me put it THIS way - if you were able to physically create a forcefield at the BOTTOM of the ocean, how much FORCE would you have to exert to offset the ocean's?

Is there a difference between diving 36,000 feet deep in an ocean and diving 36,000 feet deep in a hole the size of a football field filled with water? Or is it constant, regardless of how big the body of water is?

I did not SAY that you are LIFTING it from laying flat on the ground. Hulk did not LIFT part of the mountain up from a standing position. I said LEAN the steel slab on your back and BRACE it considering that is as close an example as I can think of at the moment.

And LoL @ this, yet another attempt to say Hulk is not stronger than Juggernaut..

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:16 PM
Kid Kurdy

Oh man, you mean the conversations between the heroes trapped under the mountain ? Do I really have to translate all that...?

Okay, but only because I like and respect your devotion to defend Juggernaut smile

After Molecule Man “throws” the mountain on the surprised heroes, we see the next scene : it’s dark, and Hulk is carrying the mountain.

Hawkeye : we”ll never get out of here.

Somebody (I think Iron Man) : We’re at least underneath two miles of rock. How long can you carry that, Hulk ?

Hulk : I barely manage… I don’t know how long… maybe a minute.

Then somebody wakes up Reed Richards : Reed, listen. We’re in trouble ! They dropped a whole mountain on us. Iron Man and the Hulk could prevent we were being crushed. We only have oxygen for a few minutes. Nobody is strong enough to get out of here.

Hulk : nobody except for me. But everything will collapse before I can start digging.

Reed asks Iron Man to show his armor and ask some electronic arrows from Hawkeye. He asks Spider-Man if he can use his webshooters. He admires the technology and genius of Tony Stark, and then the Hulk gets angry (and sweaty) :

Hulk : shut up, Richards. I’ve been hearing all day how brilliant other people are. The stupid f*ck who’s giving you the time to come up with something is sick and tired of that.

Reed : Oh yeah ? And we’re sick and tired of your bullsh*t Hulk… or dr. Banner… or whoever you are. But you’re right, you’re a dumb brute, so use your muscles, it’s all you can do.

Hulk : What ? You arrogant bastard. You know that I’m losing my intelligence, don’t you ?! You think I’m just a dumb f*ck. Maybe you’re right.. but I hope for you your plan fails, because if we get out of here, I’ll finish you !!

After that, Richards asks Captain Marvel and Torch to pass their energy, through some device, to Iron Man, who gets real strong (“I can feel the energy”) and blasts a big hole in the mountain.

End of story.

Sorry if I translated it a bit roughly, but you’ll get the idea…

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:41 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

Hulk ISN'T stronger than juggernaut, you have provided no proof that he is. he has never proven capapble of doing it himself either.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:49 PM
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

doing what himself?

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 09:46 PM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by moshtitan
doing what himself?

nobody on this forum has proven that hulk is stronger, and HULK HIMSELF has never proven stronger than juggernaut. except in the for of war. whom was exponentially boosted in power and strength. the gap still wasn't as big as one might think.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 05:28 AM
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

ahh. but in the same sense juggernaut has never proven himself stronger than hulk. i still say with the right circumstances hulk COULD be stronger than juggernaut.

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 06:13 AM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by moshtitan
ahh. but in the same sense juggernaut has never proven himself stronger than hulk. i still say with the right circumstances hulk COULD be stronger than juggernaut.

but he has. thor and hulk have engaged in a direct test of physical strength for 1 hour, and neither gained the upperhand. thor has -never- proven stronger than juggernaut (except when he negated the mystical energy which flowed through cain, even then he wasn't as strong, only the more skilled fighter and he could harm juggernaut then). 1) prime matched thor blow for blow, but couldn't even do that with a *heres the key words* powered down juggernaut (exiles crossover). also, hulk was trapped in the hulkbusters cage for nearly 2 days, when juggernaut was transported into the cage, the walls were immediately flexing outward ready to burst almost instantly when juggernaut started hitting them. hulk in the same issue had also been said to be "on the virge of insanity" with rage. but was still not stronger than juggernaut. juggernaut iced piecemeal with 1 punch, hulk had much, much more trouble with him. i do think hulk has more *potential* to be stronger. but off the fly, juggernaut has proven that he is superior in strength.

even marvel has directly compared them (by name) that juggernauts strength rivals hulks. i still don't get how 1 can think that juggernaut doesn't rival him if he doesn't start out stronger. if hulk started out stronger, and continued to increase, how is is exactly that juggernaut could rival him in the first place???

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 09:21 AM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
nobody on this forum has proven that hulk is stronger, and HULK HIMSELF has never proven stronger than juggernaut. except in the for of war. whom was exponentially boosted in power and strength. the gap still wasn't as big as one might think.

LoL, revel in your own cluelessness.

There are no "ifs." Hulk is stronger, period. Write Marvel Comics. Contact a writer. Here is a messageboard with DC editors:

www.comixfan.com

We have editors for DC Comics there. This is one of the most popular and knowledgeable comic boards on the ENTIRE 'net.

Ask your question there and return with your foot in your mouth - AGAIN.

Come to Grant Morrison's messageboard. Come to Warren Ellis'. Come to AOL and chat with Mark Waid and Kurt Busiek.

My God, you act as if Juggernaut is your FATHER or something. "No no no! Nobody has ever proven Hulk is stronger and stuff...so he's NOT! So there! And stuff!"

I mean, LOOK at this:

quote:
still don't get how 1 can think that juggernaut doesn't rival him if he doesn't start out stronger. if hulk started out stronger, and continued to increase, how is is exactly that juggernaut could rival him in the first place???

LoL, oh my GOD. Rivalling someone in strength simply means being COMPARABLE or CLOSE in strength. They NEVER say Hulk rival's JUGGERNAUT because Hulk is the STANDARD in strength - everyone is compared to HIM.

I'm through. LoL, this dude...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 02:27 PM
vu_Quang

So the answer is 50+feet thank you very much.

closing thread

p.s. i dont have power to close this thread or i would.

.............laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
...............laughing out loud laughing out loud
.................laughing out loud

p.p.s so sue me it wasnt THAT funny. just havin fun with smilies. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 02:31 PM
vu_Quang is currently offline Click here to Send vu_Quang a Private Message Find more posts by vu_Quang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

No, you dont close this!
Alright, the answer to that stupid hulk lifting the billions of pounds, is that hes not lifting it...
His bone matter and material in his body, is stronger than the force of the mountain being pulled down by gravity, so... what happens when you put steel in a trash compactor... The trash compactor cant close. Hulk is the steel, the mountain is the trash compactor.
Hulk isnt LIFTING, anything in that comic, the exact oppisote actually. Hes on his knees, with his arms up, pushing, indeed yes, but not lifting. His bones are almost that of most likely admantium in that small title scene. So, hes not lifting anything. The mountain just cannot continue to drop, or crush all the heroes, because the hulks bones, or unbreakable matter, is blocking it from dropping.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 03:12 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

The only part his strength is playing in that role, is keeping his body upward against that inverted weight, which isnt as it seems.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 03:13 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Sorry about the triple post... And yes, Juggernaut has shown superior leaping abilities...
But... Sorry juggernautfan... Nowhere near hulks abilities.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 03:14 PM