KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman is Better!

Batman is Better!
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Batman is Better!

Name why you think Batman is better than other heroes, specifically, explain what hero you are comparing Batman to, and why u like him more than that guy:

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:36 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

I like this question!

I say batman is the BEST superhero there is. First of all what makes batman so special in my eyes is that he is a mere human.The only thing he got going for him is his years of hard work and determination.He was just an ordinary person like u and I until he honed his body and mind into the best it can be.

Secondly, Batman needn't have become batman. He chose this life.There were no obligations upon him to put his life on line every night, yet he did.Spiderman for example had no choice but to become a superhero.Like his uncle Ben said, 'with great power comes great responsibilty.' Peter Parker would NEVER have become a hero had it not been for the soider that bit him. He isn't doing such a great deal by just doing what is expected oh him to do. Batman took the responsibilty of becoming a hero onto himself.Spidey became a hero because of his 'great power', batman became a hero even though he had no 'great power' and created a great power for himself.Sme goes for Superman.What kind of a man would he be if he didn't do what he does with his kind of powers?!

Thirdly, it's the way in which everyone can relate to the batman universe. Sure batman does not fight aliens and mutants and monsters and stuff.He deals with ordinary people with REAL issues.I take that to be a lot impressive than beating a group of aliens.

And not to mention, batman is the hottest superhero ever!
oh and i admire batman for being counted as one of the best,IF not the best SUPERHERO, even though he has none. He holds his own very well among those guys with powers he could only imagine to have,
GO BATMAN!!! Happy Dance

Last edited by Punkyhermy on Jul 7th, 2004 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:08 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

thats right Batfans so lets go to the Comic book forum and stand up for our hero in the Batman vs Spider vs Carage vs Joker.

lol

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:15 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by punkyhermy
I like this question!
He was just an ordinary person like u and I until he honed his body and mind into the best it can be.

Batman is one of the best (maybe the best ?) heroes ever. In DC. And I'm not being just polite, I mean this.

And though I agree with most you wrote, punkyhermy, you may not forget the fact that Batman has a big advantage compared to lots of other heroes : the money he inherited. He wants some kind of superweapon ? He makes it (or has it made). He can buy anything he wants. He never was an ordinary person like you and me.

This is not disrespecting Batman, because I always found he uses his "financial reserves" in a very clever and respectful way. But without his money, the Batman we all know today would simply not exist.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:00 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I think Batman will be something like the punsher or something with out money.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:16 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Maybe, could be. But Punisher kills, Batman not (in theory).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:22 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

To me, the fact that he uses his money for accomplishing his obsessive need for justice seems really noble. I mean look at Bruce with the money, he can have EVERYTHING in life.Having the money infact would and should have made him forget about of his parents' death. Sure his parent's died but his source of support and survival did not. He never had to struggle for survival and all that. It's not that donning the cape and cowl was his only choice you know.With everything there for him that he can want he still goes out in the streets every night, fighting crime.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:49 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
But without his money, the Batman we all know today would simply not exist.

I dunno. Green Arrow used to be rich, and he used his money to fight crime, just like Batman. But when he lost his money, he kept on fighting crime; I don't think Batman would give up any easier.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 08:02 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The Punisher is too deranged to compare to the Batman. If Wayne lost his money then now he would probably do what little best he could without it, but if he was never from a wealthy background his lifestory would be completely different.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 08:21 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yes, he mainly was able to develop most of his things because of money but bruce's cause of becomming batman is NOT his money.,Money was only a helpful resource. But ofcourse he wouldn't exactly be the same.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 08:55 PM
OB1-adobe

He definetly sticks out like a sore thumb in the DC universe. Batman is just great character. Probably what has made him so classic is his villians. No othere comic book super hero has so many iconic villians. I do like Superman alot though.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 09:38 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Batman is one of the best, i reckon because of his dark, mysterious nature. Tim Burton managed to put it on screen magnificently (before the others came along and killed it).

Ive gotta agree though that the brilliant enemies of batman really made the series stand out. (The Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-face, Riddler). Theyre icons.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:08 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Bats has the best villians, Spiderman comes in number 2.

With out great and colorful villians, you cant relly have a great hero.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 05:48 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

very good point!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:57 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by Joker1237
Bats has the best villians, Spiderman comes in number 2.

With out great and colorful villians, you cant relly have a great hero.

Joker is a brilliant villain ! Unpredictable and completely mad. I also like Bane and, to some extent, Clayface.

But better villains than Spider-Man ? Spider-Man has much more villains, and at least as colorful as those of Batman : Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Lizard, Carnage, Shocker, Venom, Morlun, Vulture, Rhino, Mysterio, Shriek, Trapster, Vulture...

Just to name a few...!!

(Sorry, have to defend Spider-Man wink )

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:27 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Catwoman's the coolest villan!Joker comes as a close second.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:34 PM
Joker1237

Batman has as many Villians as Spiderman

Joker
Twoface
Mad Hatter
Riddler
Catwoman
Posion Ivy
Hairly
Clayface,
Man Bat
Scarcrow
Bane
Clueless
Penguin
Mr Freeze
Ra Al Guul
Ventriloruist and Scarface
Killer Month
Charaxes
Lady Shiva
Killer Croc
Firefly(One of my favs along with the Joker)
Zsasz
Lady Vic
Hugo
Strange
Maxie Zeus and a few others I cant think of

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 08:28 PM
Marcellus
executioner

Bat's does have great villians but I wouldnt say there better than Spiderman's just differnt.

well Im givin it a shot

Joker
Norman Osborn(GG)

Twoface
Harry Osborn(GG)

Mad Hatter
Roderick Kingsley(HG)

Riddler
Jason Macendale(HG)

Catwoman
Stunner

Posion Ivy
Typoid Mary

Hairly
Dr. Trainer

Clayface
Carnage

Man Bat
Doppleganger

Scarcrow
Dr. Octopuss

Bane
Venom

Clueless
Demogoblin

Penguin
Typeface

Me Freeze
Electro

Ra Al Guul
Sandman

Ventriloruist
Shocker

Scarface
the Jackal

Killer Month
Spidercide

Charaxes
Kraven

Lady Shiva
Shreik

Killer Croc
Rhino

Firefly(One of my favs along with the Joker)
Man Wolf

Zsasz
Hydroman

Lady Vic
the Tarantula

Hugo
Scorpion

Strange
Morbius

Maxie Zeus
the Vulture

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 08:37 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Some enemies of Spider-Man:

Vulture
Shocker
Rhino
Doctor Octopus
Judas Traveler
Trapster
Morlun
Jack O' Lantern
Kraven
Son of Kraven
Looter
Tombstone
Doppleganger
Shriek
Venom
Carnage
Juggernaut
Bullseye
Lots of Green Goblins and Hobgoblins
Hydroman
Styx and Stone
Shade
Electro
Sandman
Molten Man
Killer Shrike
Scream
Jackal
Black Tarantula
Chameleon
Silvermane
Scorpion
Rose
Demogoblin
Mister Hyde
Calypso
Speed Demon
Fusion
Shathra
Absorbing Man
Mysterio
Punisher
Firelord
Titania
Morbius
D'Spayre
Puma
Vermin
Will O’the Wisp
Boomerang
Carrion
Kain

And of course he fought with almost everybody in Marvel, guys such as :

Wolverine
Silver Surfer
Dr. Doom
Bloodscream
Roughhouse
the X-Men
X-Factor
Grey Hulk or other Hulk
Black Panther
Silver Sable
Sabretooth
Bullseye
Red Skull
Blastaar
Ghostrider
Silver Samurai
Iron Fist
Sub Mariner

The list is almost endless...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:17 PM
Marcellus
executioner

Hoo Haa! nice work on the list thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:22 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote