KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman is Better!

Batman is Better!
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Spider-Man is just better in my opinion. I grew up with both Bats and Spidey, but I love EVERYTHING about Spider-Man.

Batman is amazing too. Batman and Spidey are my fave comic book characters of all time.

I was always a huge fan of Batman, but Spider-Man actually got me into taking that next step and made me a comic book lunatic. For that reason, and the fact my opinion has never changed, my fave hero will always be Spider-Man, with Batman a fraction behind, but as far as they both go, they are both waaaaaaay ahead in my good books next to every other superhero.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 10:32 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Batman fought Supes before, may not have won, but held his own ground.

There are many nameless villians in the 40's comics, As batman and robin beat nameless gangster after nameless gangster.

Guys like the Red Monk come to mind. have to look at my book to know the names of these nameless gangster.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 01:04 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah i think batman is possibly the best hero. If it werent for his gadgets. His gadgets annoy the shit out of me most of the time. Bruce will always develop a gadget to combat his immediate threat. Other than this minor flaw, Batman is the man because he uses intelligence and human ability to be the hero he is. His never kill attitude has even been proven to have no grounds when pushed to far. Alot of people say that batman is batman just because of his money, and would be a thug hero like punisher if he never inherited it. Well it is true he inherited a few million dollars, but one of his gadgets cost a few million alone. Bruce used his intelligence to keep his business thriving. He earned all of his money. this intelligence and will proves Bruce was destined for greatness.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 03:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i agree with everything u say as I don't believe in this 'batman is shit without his money' idea. Like I said before, Money was NOT his motivational force,it is NOT the thing that drives him to go out and fight on the streets,it is NOT the cause he denies himself peace of mind and love. Money is merely an aid to his quest. Sure his life as Batman is easier with it, but it is not dependant on it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 03:48 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well We never beable to convert the Spiderfans, and they will never convert us Batfans so I guess we leave it at that.

Oh yeah Batman is better

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:43 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i have no intention to 'convert' anybody...(shrugs)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:06 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Well We never beable to convert the Spiderfans, and they will never convert us Batfans so I guess we leave it at that.

True
quote:

Oh yeah Batman is better

False wink

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 07:06 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid

False wink

no TRUE!!!!!! big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:32 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

THAT IS AN OPINION, I THINK BATMAN IS REALLY COOL, PROBABLY MY 3RD FAVORITE.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 12:41 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

i hate batman, in my opinion worst major superhero ever made

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 02:31 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

We're all entitled to our opinions. Yours, however, is wrong.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 02:40 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

quote:
Originally posted by 113
i hate batman, in my opinion worst major superhero ever made

okay i respect your opinion and all...but why do u HATE batman?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 03:53 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Batman is Better!

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Name why you think Batman is better than other heroes, specifically, explain what hero you are comparing Batman to, and why u like him more than that guy:

He is just friggin cool cool

Tall, dark, and spooky.

Well, Batman is better because he is a crime fighter that uses detective skills and lot's of logic to catch criminals. I'm sure most superheroes are great educated individuals, but what separates Batman from the rest is his style! Batman doesn't have any superpowers (He doesn't need them anyways!) and that's makes him better! You don't need superpowers to fight crime. All he needs is his intellect mind to defeat his foes. He is an icon and simply the best.

yes

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yeah!!!!!!!
HE HAS CLASS AND STYLE! love happy

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:32 PM
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
We're all entitled to our opinions. Yours, however, is wrong.

...an opinion can't be wrong...anyWAY i hate him because he's just frankly boring....no superpowers therefore is NOT a superhero, just a normal guy...for me the idea of superhero's in comics/in stories/in movies is someone who's above what we can be, someone who's beyond what humans can imagine in reality..all batman does is introduce a character with great intellect, tact, fighting ability, and gagdets...if i wanted to watch someone use these four things i'd watch a ninja fight...doesn't make for anything interesting for me...

it's just more interesting to watch hero's pull off amazing things using their powers....notice the word powers

oh and if i wanted to see a comic book hero without any powers i'd go to the punisher, he basically suffers from the same torment batman goes through and uses gadets (and guns) to defeat crime...and at least he doesn't try to fly and wear a suite with pointy ears.

Last edited by 113 on Jul 20th, 2004 at 03:21 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 03:17 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by 113
...an opinion can't be wrong...anyWAY i hate him because he's just frankly boring....no superpowers therefore is NOT a superhero, just a normal guy...for me the idea of superhero's in comics/in stories/in movies is someone who's above what we can be, someone who's beyond what humans can imagine in reality..all batman does is introduce a character with great intellect, tact, fighting ability, and gagdets...if i wanted to watch someone use these four things i'd watch a ninja fight...doesn't make for anything interesting for me...

it's just more interesting to watch hero's pull off amazing things using their powers....notice the word powers

oh and if i wanted to see a comic book hero without any powers i'd go to the punisher, he basically suffers from the same torment batman goes through and uses gadets (and guns) to defeat crime...and at least he doesn't try to fly and wear a suite with pointy ears.

I was ... not joking, exactly, but not being all that serious. Still, I completely disagree with everything you say (except for the part where you say you prefer the Punisher; I'll take your word for that). Me and some other people went over the whole "can you be a superhero without powers thing" at great length, so I won't start that up again.

Honestly, I think it's far more interesting to see people pull off amazing things using their intelligence and training than to see people pull of amazing things because they were given powers by eating moldy bread or something.

I'm not convinced, incidently, that wearing a shirt with a skull on it is any more dignified than wearing a suit with pointy ears. I've always thought it made him look like a groupie for a death metal band or something, but that's just me.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:04 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
I was ... not joking, exactly, but not being all that serious. Still, I completely disagree with everything you say (except for the part where you say you prefer the Punisher; I'll take your word for that). Me and some other people went over the whole "can you be a superhero without powers thing" at great length, so I won't start that up again.

Honestly, I think it's far more interesting to see people pull off amazing things using their intelligence and training than to see people pull of amazing things because they were given powers by eating moldy bread or something.

I'm not convinced, incidently, that wearing a shirt with a skull on it is any more dignified than wearing a suit with pointy ears. I've always thought it made him look like a groupie for a death metal band or something, but that's just me.

i guess it just depends on if you prefer watching intelligent/tact over power, similarly if you prefer watching jeopardy over fearfactor.

i just think it's more interesting to watch something amazing, unbelievable, magical even, over watching some dude figure out some puzzle to beat his opponent...just doesn't make for very entertaining media i don't think

and i think a white skull is def more dignified and frankly cooler than a suite with pointly ears made to look like bat ears...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:23 AM
lifeisaglich

Sleep

QUOTE FROM 113 EAT MY ASS

i guess it just depends on if you prefer watching intelligent/tact over power, similarly if you prefer watching jeopardy over fearfactor.

i just think it's more interesting to watch something amazing, unbelievable, magical even, over watching some dude figure out some puzzle to beat his opponent...just doesn't make for very entertaining media i don't think

and i think a white skull is def more dignified and frankly cooler than a suite with pointly ears made to look like bat ears...

Yes as a matter of fact it is interesting to watch people with superpowers, because as you said it is almost magical. But with these magical feats we already know the magic and how it is going to be used. It is as if you have seen the ending of the match before it even begins. Because the superhero with his or her power will always win because they just discovered that they had other abilities.

But with a match with someone without superpowers the posibility for victory is less than none. Because one slip up and you are dead. There are no powers to protect the first time around. It is even more magical, No... interesting to see how this person is going to get out of this situation alive. Because this person will have to go through different tactics while trying to stay alive. Attacks have to planned tratigically or else (you see in his world death is a constant)

And yes the white skull is dignified but there is no way it is cooler than the bat suit. Its like saying war machine's suit is crap compared to craven the hunter.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:35 AM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Punisher's outfit is so damn unoriginal and it isn't even anywhere near 'cool'!Batman's costume is a classic. I think I've said this before but I think Batman is the only superhero out there who gets away with wearing tights and pointy bat ears and still looks damn hot! love

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 10:51 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Super power heroes always ALWAYS depend on their powers to fight crime. Whereas The Dark Knight uses his HUMAN mind and body to fight criminals! Batman doesn't have the strength of Superman or Spider Man (even though he is a scientist), but he is far more smarter than those two put together. Batman doesn't need superpowers he is far more powerful with his mind, and detective skills!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote