KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman is Better!

Batman is Better!
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I don't like people who diss Batman because he has no powers. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:49 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Batman doesn't have the strength of Superman or Spider Man (even though he is a scientist), but he is far more smarter than those two put together.

No he isn't.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:51 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

When it comes to Detective skills, yes he is!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 04:55 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
QUOTE FROM 113 EAT MY ASS

i guess it just depends on if you prefer watching intelligent/tact over power, similarly if you prefer watching jeopardy over fearfactor.

i just think it's more interesting to watch something amazing, unbelievable, magical even, over watching some dude figure out some puzzle to beat his opponent...just doesn't make for very entertaining media i don't think

and i think a white skull is def more dignified and frankly cooler than a suite with pointly ears made to look like bat ears...

Yes as a matter of fact it is interesting to watch people with superpowers, because as you said it is almost magical. But with these magical feats we already know the magic and how it is going to be used. It is as if you have seen the ending of the match before it even begins. Because the superhero with his or her power will always win because they just discovered that they had other abilities.

But with a match with someone without superpowers the posibility for victory is less than none. Because one slip up and you are dead. There are no powers to protect the first time around. It is even more magical, No... interesting to see how this person is going to get out of this situation alive. Because this person will have to go through different tactics while trying to stay alive. Attacks have to planned tratigically or else (you see in his world death is a constant)

And yes the white skull is dignified but there is no way it is cooler than the bat suit. Its like saying war machine's suit is crap compared to craven the hunter.

ok but superheros such as Superman don't just fight normal humans....the creators of the comics create supervillans that are a challenge to him...same for other heros....you've got spiderman and then you've got doc ock, or mysterio, or venom, etc...you've got the x-men and then you've got apocalypse, sabortooth, magneto, etc....anyway the point is that you can't use the villans the hero's face as an argument cause the creators specifically make villans a challenge for each hero...so batman has his villans and superman has his, green lantern has his, etc...so the stories in the comics never get old because the powers or being are always equally matched....

my originally point was that it's more fun to watch someone with superhuman abilities fight against someone else with superhuman abilities because it brings things to a whole new level, a new playin field that we might not have imagined if it weren't for the creators of the comics...

batman is just an extremely good detective...like a sherlock holmes but with some cool gadgets and a suite...if i wanted to watch detective work i'd put on 'CSI' or 'Law and Order'....or better yet if i wanted to watch a normal human fight a normal human i'd watch boxing or real wrestling where you have to use just as much tact and skill as you use strength, speed and stamina

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 02:38 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

i know...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 10:57 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

What makes Batman special is his skills for crime figthing. So far we've agreed that Batman is a great detective. Now, his tactics to fight criminals is so cool! He uses the darkness as his best weapon. He hides in the shadows ready to strike fear in the heart of evil doers. His interogations methods maybe harsh, but effective. Plus he would never kill a criminal to get truth. He simply is the best! big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

and he has class.And attitude to boot!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:20 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote