KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever

nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever
Started by: Fearnix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

I can't stand the Deftones either they should be up their with Tool, Radiohead, Oasis and The Sex Pistols for over hyped rubbish.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 09:46 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

between the bands you like and the picture of ritchie and eddie in your sig, you too cool for school wink!

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 09:53 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999
between the bands you like and the picture of ritchie and eddie in your sig, you too cool for school wink!

Cheers, your the second person to comment on my sig, i think it was a wise investment.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 09:55 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I still like Nirvana !!

Music changes... yes

I feel like the few of that are basing Nirvana were probably still teeny tiny kids-and you probably didnt listen to Nirvana as a 1st grader-
I was in high school-when NIrvana was at their hight - and this was part of my youth

also_ PEARL JAM??? please!! - were copys of Nirvana- they sucked

and yea some of the music of today may sound better than Nirvana= thats because the music has changed over the last 10 yrs! -

Nirvana influenced most of the bands that hear today

I agree Deftones are pretty cool!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 06:59 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

OHH MY GAWD DID YOU JUST CALL PEARL JAM COPIES OF NIRVANA AND SAY THEY SUCKED no expression

YOU OFFICIALLY NO LONGER HAVE ANY AUTHORITY ON ANYTHING no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:18 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by MornGlory
I thought Nirvana was the birth of grunge....

You thought wrong, darling. They were the first grunge band to become well known in the mainstream, they did NOT invent grunge, and Kurt Cobain himself probably would have shot you for saying that.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:20 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manik

Smile relpy

i disagree nirvana awesome and lead grunge and they are one of my favs in grunge also alice in chain ****n rock

Attachment: kurt-cobain-kurt-cobain_422_98212.jpg
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post Feb 28th, 2014 11:11 AM
Manik is currently offline Click here to Send Manik a Private Message Find more posts by Manik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thanos-prime

I must agree i hate nirvana they are nowhere near the best in grunge. That honor should go to Alice in Chains who imo are much better than the other top grunge bands.

Signature by Willrules

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2014 07:36 AM
thanos-prime is currently offline Click here to Send thanos-prime a Private Message Find more posts by thanos-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Alice in Chains is barely grunge, they're more metal than grunge.

This thread is ridiculous. Nirvana was one of the original grunge bands, the band that defined the movement--to call Nirvana bad is more or less to call grunge as a whole bad given Nirvana's massive influence on the genre.

Edit: Damn, 10 year bump!

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Mar 3rd, 2014 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2014 04:40 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision

This thread is ridiculous. Nirvana was one of the original grunge bands

Nirvana was the first Grunge band to become popular.

There is in fact a difference.

Soundgarden, for example, are a Grunge band that predates Nirvana by three years. As does Green River. And plenty of other bands I could wiki.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2014 05:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Alice in Chains is barely grunge, they're more metal than grunge.

This thread is ridiculous. Nirvana was one of the original grunge bands, the band that defined the movement--to call Nirvana bad is more or less to call grunge as a whole bad given Nirvana's massive influence on the genre.

Edit: Damn, 10 year bump!

But Nirvana does suck.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2014 07:24 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

To be fair, so does most Grunge.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2014 08:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote