KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever

nirvana are one of the worst grunge bands ever
Started by: Fearnix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fearnix
Piggy

i am not the kind of person to hate just any band for any reason.
Nirvana were so overated and when people call kurt the best singer ever it ****s me off he was a shit singer who have no heart in the music and had the skill of a toy bike

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:08 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

his vocie wasnt the greatest but it suited the music they played

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:13 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

yeah it went with the music ant thats about all it went with

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:17 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

well they scored some major hit though, and Kurt is considered an icon so........they did something right

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 05:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

first of all kiddies, "grunge" was first played by Flipper back in 81 and it wasn't called that until soundgarden came along. secondly, nirvana was never really a "grunge" band. they reminded me a lot more of the stooges or the circle jerks than they did of alice in chains. Nirvana were wonderful because they put a lot of emotion into music despite not having Eddie Van Halen skills or whatever. Plus they were responsible for the demise of a whiney, pathetic, egotistical p*ssy named Axel Rose so that's always good. the only things that piss me off about nirvana are that no one recognizes just how immature and selfish kurt could be and that their greatest songs still haven't been released.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:08 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

finti just because they have hits dose not make them good spice girls had hit so did backstreet boys

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 05:10 PM
Golden Moon

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
first of all kiddies, "grunge" was first played by Flipper back in 81 and it wasn't called that until soundgarden came along. secondly, nirvana was never really a "grunge" band. they reminded me a lot more of the stooges or the circle jerks than they did of alice in chains. Nirvana were wonderful because they put a lot of emotion into music despite not having Eddie Van Halen skills or whatever. Plus they were responsible for the demise of a whiney, pathetic, egotistical p*ssy named Axel Rose so that's always good. the only things that piss me off about nirvana are that no one recognizes just how immature and selfish kurt could be and that their greatest songs still haven't been released.

i agree smokin'

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:37 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

while people may say "pearl jam/soundgarden/alice in chains are the best grunge bands, not nirvana" i dont see any of them bands making a song that so influenced the music industry like Smells Like Teen Spirit

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 03:10 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
finti just because they have hits dose not make them good
true, but if you read further on in my post I said Kurt became an icon not many achieve that kind of status, besides the hits Nirvana had were actually good. At least they were very refreshing at that time

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 06:24 AM
finti

quote:
i dont see any of them bands making a song that so influenced the music industry like Smells Like Teen Spirit
well they broke the charts with that one, sometimes bands do get a major hit and get credit for starting a genre even if other bands have been working real hard to make the genre worth listening too. Soundgarden, Mudhoney deserve credit for really going a differnt way and there must be no doubt that the Nirvana trio was very much influenced by these first wave of grunge bands, Nirvana put a more melodic sound to there tunes like they aimed more for the charts rather than the indie scene the other bands targeted.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 06:29 AM
Fearnix
Piggy

i like the other members but hated kurt he is such a attention whore

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 08:10 PM
finti

was

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:45 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote:
i like the other members but hated kurt he is such a attention whore

no offense dude.......but you just killed any credibility you had in this topic. You might aswell just stop posting about it now as you've just proven with one sentence that you know absolutely jack shit about the subject.

Kurt Cobain an attention whore? Kurt hated attention.........he was shy and actually had an anxiety disorder. He hated fame......he fucking killed himself because he couldn't deal with his fame and celebrity.........

you sir just posted the stupidest thing in this thread so far.........cheers to you.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:09 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

laughing out loud wel put ED laughing out loud it made my day

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 02:41 PM
Fearnix
Piggy

how the **** can you say i dont know what i am talking about ??

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 07:10 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

like this:-

you dont know what your talking about

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:25 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

indeed

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:46 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

To put it this way fearnix, by calling KC an attention whore you kind on missed out on the vital fact about Kurt. He shyed away from the media. He hated all the attention he got so Kurt actually was the opposite of an attention whore.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:21 AM
Fearnix
Piggy

no he acted that way for more attention and used rererse psychology on the media

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 05:11 PM
finti

yeah and the fact that he killed himself really support your argument fearnix roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 05:30 PM