KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Sig Pic Saving Issues

Sig Pic Saving Issues
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Miffed Sig Pic Saving Issues

Scenario:

I post a picture for someone to use, they try to upload it, and it says the file is too big. I go and upload it myself, and it is fine? When I sized it, it was below 500 x 200.

Anyone have any answer, because it's really frustrating, having to resize them when they are fine as they are, then losing alot of resolution and quality, because of complications on the boards behalf, and not mine.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:20 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Ask them to save the file as jpg wink

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:27 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

So, it's default format is .bmp? I went to save it directly from the page, and it saved as a .jpg, but when I opened that in AOL, it wasn't able to be read. So, I had to resave it as .bmp, then re save that as .jpg.

It's almost more hassle than it's worth. Is this exclusive to any program in particular, because all my sigs are created via PSP 8.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:37 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

The problem lies in AOl, I think... erm The same will happen with any other program... is not a PSP problem. I would suggest you to attach the problematic sigs as zip file... sad

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:44 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Noted, thanks for your help, oh great one.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:16 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I made a some sigs that are 500x200 too and they say its to big

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 12:06 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

(copying and pasting the solution from the Request Thread...)

It's an IE bug, I believe, because that happens to me and I don't use AOL. When you try to save the image it saves it as a bitmap file which will be far too large. What you need to do to get around it is right-click the image attachment preview and choose "Save Target As". That should work fine.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 12:08 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

well i just changd the size to 475x175 and it fit

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 12:13 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If it's 500x200 and it says it's too large, it's the file size that's too big, most likely.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 12:20 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

when i uplaod and it says its too big, it says it has to be a certain number of bytes, and not a deminsion, because my sig is all pixilated now because i kept having to resize it erm even though it was less than 200x500 the first time i tried to upload it

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 01:07 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Errrrr i have those probs to mad the worse is when sometimes it says it requires 30KB and when someone else uses a sig of mine it says it requires 24KB!!!!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 02:59 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Note: Get Firefox laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 03:10 AM
Peach
mordrem

Note: mom will kill me.

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 03:16 AM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Note: You can use both... whistle

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 04:03 AM
Peach
mordrem

Note: if it were my computer, it'd be okay. But my mom is spazzy about me downloading stuff onto her new computer. She'd definitely notice.

Which reminds me...

Note to self: Set up network so there's internet on my comp roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 04:17 AM