KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Dune =Matrix & Star Wars?

Dune =Matrix & Star Wars?
Started by: Superfly4000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superfly4000

No one was talking about Equilibrium...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 04:18 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by Superfly4000
How is Equilibrium a bridge between The Matrix & Star Wars? That doesn't sound possible...

If you can't keep up with the conversation perhaps it would be more polite if you didn't join in at all.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 04:06 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rpfromuk

quote:
I just finished reading Dune by Frank Herbert and I noticed some similarities it had with the Matrix Trilogy and the Star Wars movies. In connection with the Matrix, both The Matrix and Dune have a central character who is told of in prophecy, they both have great powers and they both have strange visions. In connection with Star Wars and Dune, both take place in a system of thousands of planets, both have main characters that are driven by destiny, and both have the "i am your father" twist to it. Am I just digging to deep, or are there others who feel the same

I agree with you and think that similarities go beyond what you had originally stated. Both Neo and Paul are worshiped as gods, in part II of the book and part III of the movie both heroes go blind but are still able to see through their visions. Both are supposed to bring peace and happiness to Dune/Matrix. I am sure there are other similarities as well. Anyone who says The Dune and The Matrix have nothing incommon and it is just a coincidence are clueless.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 03:00 PM
rpfromuk is currently offline Click here to Send rpfromuk a Private Message Find more posts by rpfromuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rpfromuk
I agree with you and think that similarities go beyond what you had originally stated. Both Neo and Paul are worshiped as gods, in part II of the book and part III of the movie both heroes go blind but are still able to see through their visions.

Exactly, I was reminded of that when Bane called Neo the Blind Messiah.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 02:48 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrowRoboto

Well yes Dune is similar to The Matrix and Star Wars, i suppose Lucas and the Wachowskis are fans of the novels and despise the abomination from David Lynch and the terrible spin-off novels.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 04:39 AM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
locsaisonw

Location vacances en France

Pour mes prochaines vacances, je prévoie d'aller en France. J'opterai pour une location courte durée à la place de l'hôtel. Beaucoup moins cher et plus pratique !

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 03:25 AM
locsaisonw is currently offline Click here to Send locsaisonw a Private Message Find more posts by locsaisonw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote